• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Shadow granite....

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh! A week earlier and you could have tons. Iam trying to get some valorite tables and mined a ton of shadow instead.

Iam going to keep shadow then. Would be fine if you had some valorite for me.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sissy had a lot of Rocks but i think she unlocked them all to let them decay
I check with her when I see her.

R

Rilla

I know I have a few around the house and I think I have some valorite too.

I check and I have about 5 shadow and 5 valorite. Free to a good home.

M

Maleeka

Thanks all! I will take all Shadow I can get. I have the following:

29 Iron
6 Dull Copper
22 Bronze
14 Golden
12 Agapite
2 Verite
0 Valorite

I will save any Valorite for you Marouder and my ICQ is 41756526 for anyone else who has some to give/trade. Thanks!

G

Maleeka

I am going out of town tomorrow, but when I get back, I will mine it for you.

It may take a bit of time as I do not get the colored stones on a regular basis, but what I get shall be yours.

Would you also like to have the plain granite? If so, I already have about 25 or so...I usually turn off mining for stone, or I would have more.

M

Maleeka

Thanks Nuriko. I'll see you when you get back. On a side note, I just experienced my first blackrock elemental and they can take those out of the game any time they like. *laughs*

G

Those are a "feature" that honest miners get to contend with to help deter script mining and its about as effective spitting in the ocean to get the sea level to rise

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 17 shadow rocks now. Is it possible to set up a public box in your shack so i can unload them?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 9 shadow stones for you. They are all yours. Marodeur, I have 23 valorite stones for you, also free.

Send me a PM or ICQ-584-883

M

Maleeka

I will lock down a box on my porch when I go home for lunch. I think you can put stuff in a locked box and not take it out right?

M

Maleeka

Ok white chest on my porch for shadow granite. Anyone let me know if they need any of the other colors I have.

@Marouder I haven't found a valorite vein since they made the changes but if and when I do, the rocks are yours.

R

Rilla

Where do I find yer house so I can donate the few shadow I have?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I will lock down a box on my porch when I go home for lunch. I think you can put stuff in a locked box and not take it out right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure only people who are friended to a house can leave things on a locked down pile or in a locked down container. That is why I had to make the containers on my porch for the seed banks all anyone accessible.

-Skylark

M

Maleeka

Crafter's Corner is here:

Guess I'll set the chest to anyone. Thanks Skylark!

M

Maleeka

Has anyone tried to leave them in the chest so I know if it's working or not?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried using a propector tool to make dull copper and GG pick to make shadow and have a figher with you to kill the shadow eles?

M

Maleeka

I use a prospector tool when I find DC. I don't use a GG pick because I can't kill any elementals. *laughs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I use a prospector tool when I find DC. I don't use a GG pick because I can't kill any elementals. *laughs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Maleeka...if you have enough magery on your char to gate with scrolls, you can try what I did. I have 60 magery on Kestrel, and picked up a couple of mage weapon bows with the lowest penalty I could find, and with split elemental damage that shadow &amp; valorite ore ellies are particularly weak against (couldn't find an elemental or earth elemental slayer mage bow unfortunately). I use throw away mage skill jewels (+10 to +15) to boost her skill, and that ends up giving her around 60+ effective archery skill after the penalty is applied (when I use my Siege bless and equip my crystalline ring with +20 magery, I can get a bit more). It can still be pretty tricky, but if I am careful and jump on my beetle or other mount right away when one spawns, I can drop even a valorite ellie without too much trouble.

I tested it pretty extensively. As long as you don't have a lot of other dangerous spawn to worry about, you will be fine, and it is fun too, to relieve some of the monotony of mining.

This bow worked pretty well too, with just the DI, and the spell channeling is nice, as you can do some healing with magery on yourself when needed without dropping the weapon.

-Skylark

M

Maleeka

I'm impressed Skylark! Might have to try that myself. Any good tips for the blackrock elementals? I was dead before I realized what spawned.

G

Heh...I think blackrock ellies are in a whole different league. I have wondered though, if enough 120 archers with slayer bows might be able to defeat one - I have never really heard of anyone taking the time to kill them without using town guards. I never spawned a blackrock ellie in all my many hours of mining on Siege, but I did run into a number of "leftovers". Sometimes I escaped, mostly I didn't. I never tested out shooting at any of them.

It was satisfying taking down the valorite ellie though, I must admit, especially after all the times I fled from them and had to abandon my mining in those areas where they spawned, in the past. I tested out several different non-slayer bows, and while all were effective, some just did the job better. I think the one I liked best overall was a regular bow (faster) which had split poison/energy/physical damage (plus it was purple and matched my outfit!). It seemed to do well against all the ore ellie types. I tried a heavy crossbow, and some others, but while they did greater damage on hit, I found the greatly increased firing time made it not worth it, plus there was the added hassle of having to keep a quiver with crossbow bolts. I did try a few of the special crafted quivers with modifiers as well, but didn't really track results enough to see if it was worth using (and possibly losing) them.

-Skylark