• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUYING PETS

G

Buying pets with good stats/resists:

1 cu sidhe (any color)
2 fire steeds
1 rune beetle

PM or ICQ me with prices.

G

Best to get 2 Firesteeds if you don't already have one. Firesteeds on their own are weaker than a Nightmare in all aspects, however if you have 2 (or more) near each other, then they can easily outdamage the high end pets, however there still rather frail, so it's best to have something tank the monster while the 2 Firesteeds beat on it. Can drop Para Cu Sidhes extremely fast with a trained Cu Sidhe tanking it with 2 Fire Steeds beating on the Para. The max Resist skill a Firesteed can spawn with is 120.0, so that means the max Resist it can have after tame is 108.0

G

Yeah, but can 2 Bake Kitsunes together do 80 damage a hit? Against a Paragon Cu Sidhe with a trained Cu Sidhe tanking it and 2 Fully Trained Fire Steeds on it, each Fire Steed does 80 damage a kick. Drops them like a rock. We were able to get 4 Firesteeds together once in the Twisted Weald to kill Cu Sidhes. The Firesteeds were doing around 130-150 damage a kick if i remember right. Para Cu Sides didn't last more than about 10 secs. Normal Cu Sidhes dropped in under 5 secs.

Fire Steeds have both a Equine Pack Instinct and a Demon Pack Instinct. Some Tamers have Spellweaving so they can summon a 1 Slot Imp which empowers there Firesteeds even more. I think a Fire Steed being near a Horse, Warhorse, Ki-Rin, Unicorn or Nightmare also empowers it, due to them being Equine, even if the Equines don't have the Pack Instinct.

I

imported_Cysphruo

You should try firesteeds against melisande *grins*

G

Not a good idea, Melisande's Wither will knock the crap out of the Firesteeds since they barely have Cold Resist. Plus that green crap she throws out every now and then within a 5 tile radius of her will slow their melee attacks to a crawl. Why it's far better to use a Archer to dish out the damage, because they can stay out of range of that crap and fire at max speed. Pets are basically only good for tanking Mel, the Rune Beetle's Armor Corrupt help's the archer dish out more damage, but the Beetle is also kind of frail and won't last long if the Mages don't quickly switch to healing it if Mel locks on it.