• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying and selling faction points...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Your thoughts on this... Is it common?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never heard of it actually being done, but I have heard people jokenly imply that they have to do that in order to get points because they are such bad pvper.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I never had either until recently. I just never considered points as a commodity item. *shrugs*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of anyone actually doing it, Kelmo. However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if people started doing it after faction artifacts were introduced.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In ten years I've only had but a couple people actually offer to pay for points, neither of which I accepted the offer from. It was rare then and it seems odd that anyone would try to buy them now. One kill now probably equates to at least a million points. Hardly worth buying them I'd think.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really hasn't happened all that much. To be completely honest, in the old system that worked, the transfer option was both good and bad. I really don't care. There was never too many points... The points were being moved around and when they are transfered points leave the system, this was a great part of the faction that prevented inflation. There is nothing wrong with that imho but if the point transfer option were to be removed I wouldn't care. It helps get people transfer points to help guildies get out of the negatives (again the old, working point system) and it can be exploited to keep points on mule characters. I never used a mule character and I kind of always thought it was a ******* way out.. but thats just me.

If a decision was ever made to remove this I would seriously hope there was something else implemented to prevent inflation. If there was 1 good thing about the old system it was the point system was NEVER inflated.

C

Cloak&Dagger

This really hasn't happened all that much. To be completely honest, in the old system that worked, the transfer option was both good and bad. I really don't care. There was never too many points... The points were being moved around and when they are transfered points leave the system, this was a great part of the faction that prevented inflation. There is nothing wrong with that imho but if the point transfer option were to be removed I wouldn't care. It helps get people transfer points to help guildies get out of the negatives (again the old, working point system) and it can be exploited to keep points on mule characters. I never used a mule character and I kind of always thought it was a ******* way out.. but thats just me.

If a decision was ever made to remove this I would seriously hope there was something else implemented to prevent inflation. If there was 1 good thing about the old system it was the point system was NEVER inflated.
This basically, To add a little bit I do not feel as if the point transfers would hurt the system any if they got rid of all the current points and fixed the scoring system so it could not be inflated, I find it hard to believe that anyone would ever have enough points for a point holding character to affect the system to much, considering you lose 1 point for each transfer and would have to kill 5 people to even transfer points, plus needing to have x amount of points to maintain a rank I think it should level itself out a bit. Don't have a point holder so it would not affect me none if they removed it, although I have given examples of its usefulness in other threads.

R

ReaperNI

when we first joined faction points were sold because of low experince of the members being new to pvp. but back then Rank 10 was only 8 points now i run around on my bush dexxor with something like half a mil points and its so stupid the point expolsion has become so crazy it has literly taken 6 months for atlantic to go from a fairly easy rank shard to one its way to becoming the new great lakes. Man i wished they just do the new factions already and do a total point wipe with 1 kill 1 point and no bonuses and no honor leadership.TYR

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when we first joined faction points were sold because of low experince of the members being new to pvp. but back then Rank 10 was only 8 points now i run around on my bush dexxor with something like half a mil points and its so stupid the point expolsion has become so crazy it has literly taken 6 months for atlantic to go from a fairly easy rank shard to one its way to becoming the new great lakes. Man i wished they just do the new factions already and do a total point wipe with 1 kill 1 point and no bonuses and no honor leadership.TYR
On Great Lakes, to be ranked Knight of Codex, you have to have 3 millons points, blah!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hopefully all will grt whiped and fixed with faction revamp

millions of points is the problem and the joke. if i kill certain people i get well over 20k points. SAD:gee:

if somones wants to pay for them good for the seller.

:stretcher:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: hopefully all will grt whiped and fixed with faction revamp

millions of points is the problem and the joke. if i kill certain people i get well over 20k points. SAD:gee:

if somones wants to pay for them good for the seller.

:stretcher:
LOL. All you get is 20k? I've gotten over 1.4 million for one kill, and a friend got 3.6 mill off another, and that was a month or so ago...I'm sure it's far worse now. It's totally ridiculous, and one of the reasons I have barely been logging into the game.

L

Lord Strahd

I cant say as I understand the need for the system. At present you have to be ranked to wear certain gear and if you give people points I assume its because you have a surplus of points or they arnt useful to you.

Either way I dont believe in folks advancing in a PvP system without actualy pvping and earning it theirselves. Buying your rank is absolutely lame in my oppinion and while it might be fun for the person buying or the person selling, everyone else is puking in stanzas.

So if I have any input or say at this time, I would vote against this. Maybe the original poster should redo this topic and put it up as a pole so people could vote.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of relevance here is Phoenix's information on how the new system is currently intended to work, full post on the test center board, but here's the paragraph that applies:
3> The score system has been completely reworked. The new system scores players in combat based on the following actions: damaging enemies, healing allies, stealthing, revealing stealth, and fighting in the presence of of town sigils. These scores are designed not to accumulate continuously but instead to act as ongoing ratings that compare players against each other. This means that scores will fluctuate up and down over time based on ever-changing conditions. It is the intent that the new score system measure actual real-world player performance in combat, instead of being a value that accumulates over time. Score is now awarded for overall performance in battle rather than simply for scoring kills or corrupting sigils. As such, it is no longer possible to transfer points between players.