• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUYING: ALLIGATOR SKIN AND OSTARD SKIN ITEMS *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stoned Mariner

Sold a pair of ostard skin boots a while back for just about 250mils in gold/trade. Havent talked to the person since, nor remember the exact contact info. But theres at least 1 person on this board who has mine, no clue if theyre selling.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye:(, ostard tallon, osty skin gloves, and aligator boots were just recently sold too, i just wasnt interested at the time lol

I

imported_Laina

Any idea of how many of the ostard talons/gloves/boots are out there? Just curious on the rarity...

T

TheGwy

I have Aligator Skin Boots on Chessy, been in my bank for years, will never be sold

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I have Aligator Skin Boots on Chessy, been in my bank for years, will never be sold

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thx for letting me know that Mr. Tease....LOL :p

and i honestly have no idea how many are out there, lotta ppl have said there seer items, but from what i remember, they were craftable way back when....its a story im honestly not for sure on =/

I

imported_Laina

They are old seer items from Pacific shard - you can verify it in the history and lore section on stratics. The ostard items are newbiefied so not so good for museum display pieces. I am just not sure on the quantity - I guess I always thought it was a one of a kind but if you say they were sold recently then I guess not. I hate to be Mrs Tease but I won't sell mine either - lol

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i know for a fact it wasnt Pacific only hehe...most seer events happened on all shards

i had a full set of the osty stuff back on LS pre-xfer so thats how i know it for a fact, and the recent aligator one that sold was on GL, and was from a collector that hadnt been on since xfers started =/

and umm...BAH all you ppl tease !!, i consider some osty or aligator boots the only footware in the game cooler than my silk slippers hehe

G

EM events happened on every shard, but I think the actual seer stuff was shard independant and from way before EMs existed... I know they ran a lot of unique stuff on Pacific/Catskills and not on any others. The Terathan silk items were another seer set too as I remember.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, and that particular tetheran silk shirt had resists, but the EM version doesnt....but i do know that alot of the seer events happened on all shards, just check the seer history page here on stratics some where, there were some Uniques that only happened on certain shards only, but for the most part, they happened on all shards, much like season 1 of the EM events

G

I was around for the events... *smiles*

The ostard skin items and the Terathan silk items were newbied and could not (and least last I checked) be locked down. Desert ostard skin boots, forest ostard skin gloves,necklace of ostard talons. Last I heard Kahnee of Pacific was the last owner of a necklace, Celtain Britain a pair of gloves and Iceweasel a pair of boots, but I imagine they have been sold off by now and are on other shards now (as the above poster mentioned owning one). The above 3 owned them prior to UO shard transfers so the seer events to get them and the silk items were at least on Pacific.

I remember most actual seer events being very unique to the shards with some major story arcs encompassing all shards (such as the invasion of Trinsic/Jou'nar event), but I believe these weren't part of a major story arc.

Now they may have given out "other" ostard items, but these three I believe were on Pacific originally and may actually be one of a kind, although it bites if they still can't be locked down.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, well i completely belive what you say, but i do know for a fact that alot of the events/items were not shard specific but rather on several shards....now i could be wrong here, but i do belive stone mariner just sold a pair of osty boots that had originaly came from atl, and the ones i seen from GL originaly came from there, and like i said before i had originaly owned them on LS, and i Almost bought a pair of boots, gloves, and necklace from a collector on chessy probably 5 yrs ago or so, it was the same year xfers came out....

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/IA/LakeSuperior/LakeSuperiorIndex.shtml

check that page, and check each shard, noticing that alot of the same items are on each shard, now that isnt by any means at all a good comprehensive list, but its a start

oh and on a side note....i happened to remember when looking at the LS page, that someone on here a while back was asking about an old seer robe that had like 3-5 to ea resists and got flammed because ppl said it was fake and it was never real etc etc

well...the "Rainbow Mage Robe" IS that robe, when resists came out, that robe got resists, EXACTLY like vine cords did, those didnt use to have resists either, neither did the seer version of the tetheran silk shirt....

just thought id point out that, that robe is in fact a very real item
....i cant seem to find the thread about that robe where that poor poster got flammed, i was banned at the time and couldnt post
...i think

G

As I said, other seers may have made items like it. The set of three were part of a Pacific event when T2A came around. I do hope you find them for sale, just trying to accurately give some historical stuff where I can to help budding rares enthusiasts. *smiles*

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye!, it was at the opening of T2A hehe....meh hopefully i will...

i think id much MUCH rather have the ruby slippers tho....forgot all about those lol

but "Stonebite" Syrem's Razor", "Daemon Fist" and "Magic Cell Key" are some to name a few of the ones that were on all shards, or atleast, almost on all shards

G

*grins* Course most of the old weapons in my experience lost their special names and changed to "a magic ___" which really blew for some of us collectors in the old days.

I

imported_Laina

Ok well you are right that more than one exist...I did find the post where someone was selling the boots. I have had the set of 3 (necklace, boots, gloves) for several years now - way longer than that post where the boots were being sold. My crafter wears the set since they are newbiefied and can't be locked down in my museum
I have only ever heard of them being given out on Pacific though. I am really curious now to see how many are around.

Never noticed those ruby slippers - probably best not to point out cool shoes to a girl
LOL

T

themaster879

Can anyone post a picture of these items for us curious people.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea im pretty sure that diff shards probably had diff styles of the event, because i think the gloves i used to own were desert and the boots were either desert or forest.....stuff was backwards

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

heh any idea why my post got deleted ^_^?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lucky thats all you got.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still Looking for these too, like i said, ive found a few pieces but there only looking for trades, and nothing of what i have lol....im willing to trade or buy for gold just Q me

Status
Not open for further replies.