• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buyer beware - Incoming duped items

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Call me cynical but... selling items knowingly that they’re duped, clearing your stock and then blowing the whistle? If you won’t even say what they are, sounds like an attempt to get others banned.
Can’t think of any phrase to use apart from “**** move”.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idk if the OP knows but literally this entire game has been duped for over 15 years. This isnt news!! If you held a a gold coin you had a dupe in your hand!! LOLOL

Blackstar

Adventurer
We all know many valuable stuffs in UO are duped long ago. Nobody knows which ones are legit.

2 story statue
LT sash
some unique EM robes
and GOLD
The list goes on and on.

Unless you can give us some specific examples of items found to be duped recently, there's nothing to see here.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel I've provided enough information to be as helpful as possible given the circumstances.
Be cautious when purchasing.

Take it or leave it.

I have nothing more to add.
Tell me WTF I shouldn't be buying or kindly return to whence you came from.

Otherwise your post and warning is absurd, since it's tantamount to saying "don't buy anything!". So, scaremongering much?

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm a bit curious what the items are myself because as I saw a few other posts mention the EMs don't ever provide hard numbers as to how many were created. So there is some robe that "exceeds the amount that were created" but no info on where to find the item for us to "see for ourselves". If there was a "robe of silk" or whatever from an EM event and I saw 10 of them somewhere it might make me wonder about them but then again I don't know how anyone knows there weren't like 500 given out and just for showing up etc. I remember there was a Halloween event on ATL several years ago that was literally like going through a gate Mesanna setup (for an hour) and you roll dice. If you rolled anything other than like a 7 you died and got a rotted pumpkin; if you rolled a 7 you got like a black pumpkin... I had 3 accounts that all got pumpkins along with a ton of other ppl there... so no clue how many there would be.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name and account age are a sure sign that this thread is worthless without pic......wait. It's just worthless.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a quick heads up.
This is not speculation. This is confirmed for numerous items.

There is currently a good number of duped items floating around.
Please be aware of this when making a purchase.

I can confirm these items are duped because I personally owned more of specific items than were originally created.
These have since been sold, as my faith in the authenticity of UO items has been completely destroyed.
(Not concerned with your opinion regarding this, just offering information)

Having friends who also own these items (that have since been sold) adds even more to this over count of items.

Some of these items are on public display. These numbers alone exceed the original creation number.

This can be confirmed by anyone.

-

I would hope this is something that would be taken seriously, however this appears to have been happening for some time unscathed.

There is space available in the Museum Of Wonders to be utilized for situations like this.
did you just crawl out from under a rock? this issue has been around for many many years.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Why in the love of baby Jesus are people still posting here?!!! Go to unleashed to start such a stupid post so it can get the credit it deserves. 2nd this brain dead loser post is at best one look to know he is frickin m'ron. Sense everyone is interested i may as well list all the other things that everyone knows and doesn't give a poo about in this posters description style hold on to your keyboard! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and dont forget about BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! Glad I got that off my chest they are all very serious issues! Periods.......................

wingnut

Adventurer
I really don't need to say examples for reasons I'd rather not mention.

You can run around and count items. It's not hard.

You may also choose to simply not believe me, although I don't know why I would come here and fabricate such a thing for fun.

The goal here is to inform people, as I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in duped items over player frustration regarding this matter.

-

@Dot_Warner

Although previous contact attempts have went unanswered, this has been completed.
I'm sure she is aware and will take this seriously.
Dude, just name some examples. People - not necessarily saying you -cry about bugs, dupes, scripts, and basically just talk out there ass. If you don't name any examples, and give people a chance to fact check you, then it just sounds like you don't know what you are talking about or that you are one of those people who see haxx0r$ everywhere.
Just name one or two and let someone fact check you then we will know that you were right.