• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buyer beware - Incoming duped items

Just a quick heads up.
This is not speculation. This is confirmed for numerous items.

There is currently a good number of duped items floating around.
Please be aware of this when making a purchase.

I can confirm these items are duped because I personally owned more of specific items than were originally created.
These have since been sold, as my faith in the authenticity of UO items has been completely destroyed.
(Not concerned with your opinion regarding this, just offering information)

Having friends who also own these items (that have since been sold) adds even more to this over count of items.

Some of these items are on public display. These numbers alone exceed the original creation number.

This can be confirmed by anyone.

-

I would hope this is something that would be taken seriously, however this appears to have been happening for some time unscathed.

There is space available in the Museum Of Wonders to be utilized for situations like this.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a quick heads up.
This is not speculation. This is confirmed for numerous items.

There is currently a good number of duped items floating around.
Please be aware of this when making a purchase.

I can confirm these items are duped because I personally owned more of specific items than were originally created.
These have since been sold, as my faith in the authenticity of UO items has been completely destroyed.
(Not concerned with your opinion regarding this, just offering information)

Having friends who also own these items (that have since been sold) adds even more to this over count of items.

Some of these items are on public display. These numbers alone exceed the original creation number.

This can be confirmed by anyone.

-

I would hope this is something that would be taken seriously, however this appears to have been happening for some time unscathed.

There is space available in the Museum Of Wonders to be utilized for situations like this.

Can you say the items you are talking about?

It would help to verify your claims

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes knowing exactly what you are talking about would help.

Also, how do you identify a duped item? How does it even happen?

Can you say the items you are talking about?

It would help to verify your claims
The list is pretty extensive.
There's actually some strange and somewhat common items included.

The most common and obvious is a certain sash along with some robes.

On Atlantic public auction safe and home lockdown locations of some of these items exceed the original creation number.

Take a look around.

-

@dvv

I identified the first batch of items by comparing my own personal inventory to the creation number of these items.

It's easy and obvious to confirm items are duped when I have 2-3 times and in a couple cases 3-4 times the amount of an item than was originally created.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Email Mesanna, call a GM, or both.

Posting to Stratics really isn't going to make the situation better. Just :stir:

You really need to say some examples. These could have been duped years ago (Which most rares were back in the day)

No EM Items made since 2015 have concrete numbers
I really don't need to say examples for reasons I'd rather not mention.

You can run around and count items. It's not hard.

You may also choose to simply not believe me, although I don't know why I would come here and fabricate such a thing for fun.

The goal here is to inform people, as I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in duped items over player frustration regarding this matter.

-

@Dot_Warner

Although previous contact attempts have went unanswered, this has been completed.
I'm sure she is aware and will take this seriously.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But you are not informing people are you. You are telling us nothing at all

so unless you actually give us the heads upon what items are being duped we cannot take your posts, or you seriously at all can we. And seeing as you are a visitor does not inspire confidence either

But you are not informing people are you. You are telling us nothing at all

so unless you actually give us the heads upon what items are being duped we cannot take your posts, or you seriously at all can we. And seeing as you are a visitor does not inspire confidence either
I feel I've provided enough information to be as helpful as possible given the circumstances.
Be cautious when purchasing.

Take it or leave it.

I have nothing more to add.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See, my theory is you may just not understand how the drop system works. Nothing dropped since 2015 has a hard number attached, due to the randomness of the guaranteed drop system.

So in that case, if its an item you say you can prove because it HAD a hard count, that would date the items to pre2015, and most of those items are known to have been duped at some point. The older you get, the more frequent that stuff used to be duped. Its why the Replica's from champ spawns exist in the first place (Every EM item they copied from was heavily duped).

So if you say one of the items you are mentioning, it helps track down the time period. If you track down the time period, maybe you can figure out when it was duped. This also helps find out what other items could be effect and so on

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have provided NO information. Not helpful at all. so I will leave it thanks

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email Mesanna, call a GM, or both.

Posting to Stratics really isn't going to make the situation better. Just :stir:
ah yes, send an email to mesanna so she will come to your house, have tea together and talk about how to resolve the situation. Then she will immediately run to her strong dev-team and will release a patch in no time!
Too bad then you wake up and you're all sweaty ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah yes, send an email to mesanna so she will come to your house, have tea together and talk about how to resolve the situation. Then she will immediately run to her strong dev-team and will release a patch in no time!
Too bad then you wake up and you're all sweaty ;)
OMG I had that same exact dream! Was awesome!

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I feel I've provided enough information to be as helpful as possible given the circumstances.
Be cautious when purchasing.

Take it or leave it.

I have nothing more to add.
You provided information that is just a speculation. I think if you provided specific examples it would help to validate. If you don’t, I think most will consider this trash and BS.

You say you have some examples - so what’s the harm in sharing?

Anyone can say “OMG DUPES!” - doesn’t mean it is true. As others pointed out - if it’s anything new - very likely due to the nature of the new EM drop system. If it’s old - really depends on the items. A lot of things were duped in the past.

I say put up or shut up. ;)

See, my theory is you may just not understand how the drop system works. Nothing dropped since 2015 has a hard number attached, due to the randomness of the guaranteed drop system.

So in that case, if its an item you say you can prove because it HAD a hard count, that would date the items to pre2015, and most of those items are known to have been duped at some point. The older you get, the more frequent that stuff used to be duped. Its why the Replica's from champ spawns exist in the first place (Every EM item they copied from was heavily duped).

So if you say one of the items you are mentioning, it helps track down the time period. If you track down the time period, maybe you can figure out when it was duped. This also helps find out what other items could be effect and so on
I understand how the drop system works. I've used the pre-2015 drop system from both ends.

The items include pre-2015 and post-2015 items. Not all are rares, mostly high end however.

I'm sure some of these items are in fact old.
I can assure you some are very recent.

-

@Oblivion

The information I provided is hardly speculation.

You may want to check into some recent purchases over the past few days.

I suppose in the meantime, keep on buying. =/

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I understand how the drop system works. I've used the pre-2015 drop system from both ends.

The items include pre-2015 and post-2015 items. Not all are rares, mostly high end however.

I'm sure some of these items are in fact old.
I can assure you some are very recent.

-

@Oblivion

The information I provided is hardly speculation.

You may want to check into some recent purchases over the past few days.

I suppose in the meantime, keep on buying. =/
You’re not really helping anyone by dancing around this. If you want to be helpful as you claim that’s your intent - then do so by stating facts with specific items so these can be validated.

As I said - put up or shut up.

You’re not really helping anyone by dancing around this. If you want to be helpful as you claim that’s your intent - then do so by stating facts with specific items so these can be validated.

As I said - put up or shut up.
I've stated facts and items.

What else do you want?
A comprehensive list or photos?

I won't be providing those here.

I'm unsure why you keep repeating "put up or shut up".
Do you find this thread offensive or are you naturally a rude returning player?

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED

What else do you want?

I see zero facts and no specific items. You sound pretty delusional. Might want to get that checked out.

As far as I can tell you are a visitor to this forum and appear to be a troll.

The fact that you claim duped items but refuse to provide specific items validates this.

I’m rude to those who deserve it - unsubstantiated claims and stirring the pot without any sort of validation is pretty low.

Not even worth entertaining this further. Go back from where you came from.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How do people know an item is duped? I heard something about player's vendors refusing to sell duped items or auctions safes not accepting them.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do people know an item is duped? I heard something about player's vendors refusing to sell duped items or auctions safes not accepting them.
Mostly it's like this thread. They simply don't. OP is unable to provide a single example.

BS tried to make duped items not go on vendors. I'm not sure how effective this was. But it came with a lot of false positives too, hence some prefer to call those items just "non vendorable", which doesn't necessary mean they are duped. You just can't tell for sure.

Last edited:
I see zero facts and no specific items. You sound pretty delusional. Might want to get that checked out.

As far as I can tell you are a visitor to this forum and appear to be a troll.

The fact that you claim duped items but refuse to provide specific items validates this.

I’m rude to those who deserve it - unsubstantiated claims and stirring the pot without any sort of validation is pretty low.

Not even worth entertaining this further. Go back from where you came from.
The specifics are bags loaded with items which exceed the creation number.
Most of which have been sold.

With so many parties involved, what I'm stating will not be discredited.

Coming here to make up stories like this would be extremely strange in my opinion.

I don't understand why this is so hard to believe or would be met with such opposition.

Look how well the recent UO Store Potion release went.
If you really think there is such a low probability of my claims being reality, you might want to consider getting checked for being delusional yourself.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So finally you are talking about robes that are sold to appear to be EM items after being optioned? Like pulling teeth that. But thank you though, now can you show some screenshots of this items so we can ALL be buyer beware informed please......

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
"The specifics are bags loaded with items which exceed the creation number"

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "specific".
Truth. Comprehension doesn’t seem To be a strong suit for this one. Admits to selling dupes, but tries to warn us...but not really warn us. Just raises red flags with no true evidence. Vague comments with nothing specific to validate a claim.

As said a post to troll, stir the pot, attention, or god knows what else.

Can you ignore people on Stratics?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
"The specifics are bags loaded with items which exceed the creation number"

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "specific".
Truth, what's they are doing is sort of like going into the Supermarket and being told certain production lots of Peanut Butter are infected with E.Coli, but they aren't pulling them off the shelf. You ask which lots, and get told, "Oh you'll know when you see it, figure it out."

Truth. Comprehension doesn’t seem To be a strong suit for this one. Admits to selling dupes, but tries to warn us...but not really warn us. Just raises red flags with no true evidence. Vague comments with nothing specific to validate a claim.

As said a post to troll, stir the pot, attention, or god knows what else.

Can you ignore people on Stratics?
Yes, Click on their name and look for "Ignore"
ignore.png

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The specifics are bags loaded with items which exceed the creation number.
Most of which have been sold.

With so many parties involved, what I'm stating will not be discredited.

Coming here to make up stories like this would be extremely strange in my opinion.

I don't understand why this is so hard to believe or would be met with such opposition.

Look how well the recent UO Store Potion release went.
If you really think there is such a low probability of my claims being reality, you might want to consider getting checked for being delusional yourself.
You hit the nail on the head. You are extremely strange for coming here to attempt to spread unsubstantiated rumors with zero facts to back your silly claims.
You keep selling items that you believe to be duped though. Good stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I’ve nominated this poster for a nice designation on Unleashed for this absolute monstrosity. Cannot say it here - but another reason to check out Unleashed if you haven’t already. ;)

Sam Adams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You hit the nail on the head. You are extremely strange for coming here to attempt to spread unsubstantiated rumors with zero facts to back your silly claims.
You keep selling items that you believe to be duped though. Good stuff :rolleyes:
Lol, yeah i noticed he said that too. He found all these duped items and sold them

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the hell is a regular player who does not sit and farm the highest end items day after day (with the same group doing the same thing) to know how many of an item are supposed to be on the server? Yes, if I came across a vendor with 100 slayer cameos that would be suspicious. Or if a vendor had slayer cameos for 1 million gold each. Other than that, most people would have no clue that an item is duped. I would not.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mr/Mrs Unknow Visitor let me ask you a question. Are duped items related to CC client only? if this is true I think my conspiracy theories about BS not supporting CC client anymore because they want people to use EC could be true.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK. So this player had a bunch of duped items. Then they sold them on a vendor. Now they are telling us not to buy some mystery item or items.

I do not know how many of what was made. This warning is useless.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

What else do you want?

But surely, you can see his/their point about this?
If you are too squirmish to put the appropriate info here, we have another part of the stratics called UNLEASHED. Feel free to go there, and post the items duped! You seem concerned about other players welfare and this is a good thing, to try to help the player base. So GO TO UNLEASHED AND SPILL THE BEANS ABOUT SPECIFICS! Expose the scam, finish what you started.:)
No more riddles bud! This may help expose scammers and scams, if any.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Or maybe he does not know about unleashed. Can someone please give him the link for UNLEASHED?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You seem concerned about other players welfare and this is a good thing, to try to help the player base.
Except for selling items that he apparently knew to be duped.
Truth, what's they are doing is sort of like going into the Supermarket and being told certain production lots of Peanut Butter are infected with E.Coli, but they aren't pulling them off the shelf.
Seems more like selling peanut butter known to have E. Coli then telling everyone not to buy peanut butter because it could have E. Coli.