• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Busted Barrels

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I get up to take my Thief on a daily rares run, and I hit Buc's den Blacksmith shop. Well I was beat to the punch by some other daily rare runner. That don't upset me.

However, the person had busted the barrels! Is this what UO has deteriated to? I'm so greedy I wanna make sure nobody can have what I got, of all the ASSININE, JUVENILE BEHAVIOR!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Will the barrels respawn with the stuff? In 7 years I've never seen the barrels busted. So I don't know. Can anyone tell me?

I wish to GOD they'd make me a GM for a week, I'd be kicking ASCII code, taking names and weilding the the mighty Ban-stick with such force as UO has never seen! Grrrrrrrrrr :fight::twak:

K

Kurgan

If people fill and empty the barrels with water. It breaks the spawn till next server up.. sad but true...

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They reset at server up. Do them on Felucca side if someone breaks them out of spite, break THEM for their insurance gold. :fight:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that irks you that bad J, you really need to take a break.

P

Pax

Okay so I get up to take my Thief on a daily rares run, and I hit Buc's den Blacksmith shop. Well I was beat to the punch by some other daily rare runner. That don't upset me.

However, the person had busted the barrels! Is this what UO has deteriated to? I'm so greedy I wanna make sure nobody can have what I got, of all the ASSININE, JUVENILE BEHAVIOR!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Will the barrels respawn with the stuff? In 7 years I've never seen the barrels busted. So I don't know. Can anyone tell me?

I wish to GOD they'd make me a GM for a week, I'd be kicking ASCII code, taking names and weilding the the mighty Ban-stick with such force as UO has never seen! Grrrrrrrrrr :fight::twak:
I agree. Taking the barrels so no one else could have a chance at future spawns during that day used to be a common "griefer" practice that pretty much died out when the value of rares dropped to nearly zero. But, with Spring Cleaning making the Smithy rares valuable again, the griefers are back, it seems.

People who get their jollies from doing such things are truly mean-spirited dimwits, since what they're doing insures *they* don't get another chance at the rares that normally spawn in the barrels a few times each day (if the barrels are completely emptied each spawn) either.
:lame::loser:

However, if you've noticed, meanness and stupidity seem to go together. I pity such people who can only dream longingly of having an IQ as high as Dumb and Dumber, they've earned fancy hats: :dunce:

Be well - Pax

E

Eslake

What's funny ..
Back when the GMs would appear in person to deal with a situation, and the "secrecy of who gets banned" wasn't such a thing... I walked into a little fuss at the smithy there.

Someone had 'watered' the barrels, and someone else found them doing it and paged. The offender had stuck around and the GM had just arrived.

To make it short, the GM asked WHY they had done it. They said it was to keep anyone from getting horse shoes. They got banned for griefing! Right there plain as day in front of our eyes!

I laughed for an hour (griefing was at a high at that time) but personally I would have just issued a warning with a 72hr suspension. But then they may have already had marks on their account for that sort of thing...

D

Deadly Shadow

Selfish just plain and simple.