• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUSTED: A Baddie Exploiting Wolf Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggsalicious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
upload_2014-10-2_13-29-28.png

Logged into this a few minutes ago. I'm sword, fight him straight up in the middle and kill him in a couple of rotations after pulling the adds individually. If only I'd known there was an easier way! PM me for this winner's name.

Attachments

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
who cares about his name? this is an alpha we're supposed to be testing and finding things hell terrain exploits are generaly things not found until open beta much less alpha I'm glad he found it. hope he reported it but eh maybe not as not everyone does. either way no need to try to shame him or anyone else.

Silvonis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's extremely important for players to report any bugs and/or glitching that they encounter so that the development team can log the occurrence.

The development team appreciates bug reports as they are critical to the quality assurance of the game.

eggsalicious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
One day Awollsd is going to actually think about what he means to say before he starts typing. What an awesome day that will be.

This fight is easy and there's 10 min between spawns, so no reason not to do it legit unless you're bad or trying to prevent other players from experiencing content.

In any event, consider this exploit reported.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
and now try to belittle me that's fine. my point was regardless of this person's intentions (which we don't know you are only assuming) there was no need for this.....
View attachment 24797
PM me for this winner's name.
this is a direct attempt to shame and harass an individual which is not need for any reason much less based on your assumptions. the fact that the fight is easy and slow spawn rate would lead me to assume this player was TESTING. terrain exploits are one thing we do need to test regardless of their location. yet you assume he's being vindictive. that's fine too we'll each assume what we want. but there is no need for the shamming simply report what you assumed (there is a little ! icon for reporting things) and be done with it.

eggsalicious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ROFL. Testing what? Everyone can see it's a terrain exploit, and you've admitted as much in your earlier posts. The fact that the dude ran like hell when he saw me clearly tells me I wasn't interrupting a UN-funded 'testing' delegation. The 'PM me' bit was directed at the dev(s), which is why, you know, it's in this section of the forums. If I'd wanted to shame him, I'd have left his name in.

Testing lol. Glue should really be made more difficult to acquire.

~L

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ROFL. Testing what? Everyone can see it's a terrain exploit, and you've admitted as much in your earlier posts. The fact that the dude ran like hell when he saw me clearly tells me I wasn't interrupting a UN-funded 'testing' delegation. The 'PM me' bit was directed at the dev(s), which is why, you know, it's in this section of the forums. If I'd wanted to shame him, I'd have left his name in.

Testing lol. Glue should really be made more difficult to acquire.

~L
well in this case I will say sorry I guess I miss understood. didn't notice the section of forums was ask the devs. and most forums don't allow putting other players names on them. so without realizing it was "ask the devs" thread and without you mentioning devs in your post it read like you was telling everyone to pm you for his name.

sorry for the miss understanding.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what the argument is here, but anyway, thanks for pointing this out, and I do think this is generally the best way to point out exploiters -- if I need their names for more info I'll ping you. In the next update I've changed the layout. I'm not sure if it's less exploitable or not -- didn't actually try it! But please let me know if it still has similar issues!

(And I do consider it exploiting to keep using a bug just because you can. I haven't really cared so far, and I still don't at this stage, but we can at least all agree that this is exploiting the game's mechanics in unanticipated ways -- ways that players would demand I fix in the final game.)

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what the argument is here, but anyway, thanks for pointing this out, and I do think this is generally the best way to point out exploiters -- if I need their names for more info I'll ping you. In the next update I've changed the layout. I'm not sure if it's less exploitable or not -- didn't actually try it! But please let me know if it still has similar issues!

(And I do consider it exploiting to keep using a bug just because you can. I haven't really cared so far, and I still don't at this stage, but we can at least all agree that this is exploiting the game's mechanics in unanticipated ways -- ways that players would demand I fix in the final game.)
yeah the argument was just me miss understanding thinking he was wanting all regular players to pm him for the guys name in an attempt to shame the player. and I apologized once I realized I was misunderstanding.

jadkni

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As the 'baddie' in question (seriously, you were trying to shame me with this. Don't play dumb, you sent me a tell taunting me :p), I think I should clarify a few things. One - this was the first time I'd ever been in the wolf cave, much less using a terrain exploit to kill the boss, not a repeat occurrence. Two, I submitted a bug report shortly after killing Timothy like this and responding to your taunt.
If you want to report bugs, you can do it without being openly hostile. It wouldn't give you the satisfaction you're looking for, I know, but give it a shot some time.

By the way, I did not see you there. It was some time before I noticed you'd sent me a tell, in fact. Not sure where you were, but that's fine. Gave you plenty of time to 'report a bug' in the most bile-filled way possible and thus improve the community!

eggsalicious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The private tell was to shame you. It worked; you stopped.

This thread was to get the exploit fixed. It worked; it's fixed.

The rest of your "Does this victim suit make me look fat?" is so 1995 I can't really get into it.

~L

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
It is our jobs to find exploits. Using an exploit is not going to carry the stigma as in released games as long as its reported. What I see as the real issue here is camping. I don't see camping as wrong as long as you aren't keeping others from getting in. Be watchful of other people. If you come up on someone camping an area you want, talk to them. Maybe group, or ask if you can have a turn. Run around in a way the camper can't miss that you are there.

If there are things said, whether in PM or chat, that are not appropriate or crossing the line, report it to me in PM here. I can pull any of the logs I need to. Just make sure you weren't also in the wrong in any way or you will pay the same price.

Lastly, don't use the forums to argue or troll. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.