• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Bushido or Parry or both? help

• Thread starter icedtr2003
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
I

icedtr2003

combined with bushido, does parry affect the deflect chance when carrying a two-handed weapon which is a bow? I'm confused here between 0 or 70 parry.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You cannot parry with a bow, even with parry/bushido.

I

icedtr2003

so is there any mean to take bushido to an archer besides for lightning strike and perfection? I mean even bushido does not give no defence chane when GMd whilst using a bow?

L

longshanks

you ever see the first big fight scene in braveheart, when the scottish lords flank the english army and totally obliterate the archers. there was no thread of dci there.

u get to stand 10 tiles away as well as chase prey down spamming moving shot so ... no defense for u.

;)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could parry with a bow for a Very brief time after SE came out. I think it was probably changed because it really was OPed. Some people use Bushido with archery, alternated lightning strike and special moves, to avoid the double mana cost. Thats the only useful spell to an archer tho, and maybe confidence even tho its much less effective without parry.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
so is there any mean to take bushido to an archer besides for lightning strike and perfection? I mean even bushido does not give no defence chane when GMd whilst using a bow?
Perfection is a huge reason to take bushido due to the damage increase. ABC archer (archery, bushido, chivalry) is one of the most powerful templates in game--certainly the most powerful archer template.

Don't take up parry, but definitely consider bushido.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confidence is nice and the Yumi specials require bushido. I never use momentum strike, but archers can use that. I never use honorable execution, but archers could if they have good timing. I don't remember how much swing speed the boost is and not certain if it stacks with the 55 SSI.

-Lorax

I

icedtr2003

then I guess I will 0 out the parry.

what about chivalry though? everybody seems to lock it on 70, is there are reason for me to have 70 chiv? Only enemy of the one? I locked it on 60 now.

M

mjolnir131

chiv needs to be at intervals of 10 ending in 5 otherwise your kinda wasting skill points( IE 55-65-75 etc) you get to 100% success casting on the 5s so when you have say 70 your halfway to the next 100% and your not going to notice a big susses to cast what ever spell is at that level

L

Luke Carjacker

For an archer, Bushido is awesome. Lightning strike is awesome, especially if you have 120 bushido and 100+ anatomy. Confidence is probably the most effective healing power in the game if you time it properly. Confidence will heal you through anything (poison, mortal, bleed, whatever), however it will be interrupted if you take damage during it's healing period (like 2 seconds). The secondary benefit is that you don't need to pause to use it (unlike spells, even with 4/6 casting), you can use it while on a full run, and it won't interrupt your swings. Confidence is a difference maker, especially in PvP, somtetimes I throw about 60 confidence on mage pvp characters just to be able to heal on the run - it totally neutralizes moving shot archers. Biggest drawback to confidence is that you can only use it to heal yourself (not friends or pets). Perfection is a huge difference maker in PvM. Momentum strike is useful for archers.

Chivalry is very useful in PvM. Enemy of One and consecrate weapon will help you pile damage up. In conjunction with perfection & lightning strike, archers can be top damagers in most PvM situations (throwing might be a little better actually, but nobody uses throwing). Unless you plan on getting 4/6 casting, chivalry is really not useful in PvP.