• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido Mage questions

• Thread starter psodennis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

psodennis

Hello ~

I saw some post talking about bushido/parry mage
I want to know, how does a bushido mage work, in a group raid?

Magery, EI, Med, Resist, Bushido, Parry are they enough for bushido/parry mage ?

What are the armors and weapon for it, because it is more dangerous than normal mage, if it doesn't have LRC, then reagents may lose after dead.

Recently, want to create a warrior mage, but totally no idea how to set the skills and stat point.

Thanks!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends which bushido mage you are going with.

Are you going for Bush/Parry for defensive purposes or Bush/Tactics for nerve strikes?

I play the defensive one, where you need a mage weapon. Throw on 50 weapon skill and you can cast evasion too. I always play outnumbered in group pvp fights so I need the parry to stop the 30 archers from 1 shotting me.

For bush tactics just substitute parry for tactics.

When it comes to raiding (spawns or bases) nothing beats the necro mage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Will this template work for the a defensive Bush-Mage? I would be carrying a -15 two handed SC mage weapon (Staff of Power). The weapon is natively a mace weapon. I can't afford the 120 scrolls at the moment, but also want to fit 60 necro.

110 Parrying
110 Bushido
50 Swords (my SC mage weapon is native maces)
110 Magery
110 Eval Int
110 Resisting Spells
60 Necro

I think I still need 80 dex to get the most out of this template. I would like to fit 40 SS, but Human JOAT will have to do. Thoughts? I'm trying to do this on the cheap while I see if I like it. I would like to use 115 scrolls, but then I loose the 60 necro.

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you'll want the 50 swords to be macing, i would scrap necro and put the med on, you'll need the mana. Try to go 115s.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, Lynk. That was exactly the feedback I needed... Esp the maces part.

Ok, so the tweaked template is:

115 parry
115 bush
115 eval int
115 magery
115 resist
95 meditation
50 mace fighting

In your opinion, which is the better template. The bush-mage described above or a parry-mage:

115 parry
115 eval int
105 anatomy
115 magery
115 resist
60 necro
40 ss
70 meditation (increased higher w/items if possible)

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both are solid templates.

You'll have more offensive power on #2 and you'll do much better against the disarm dexers that are out there.

#1 would be really tough for anyone to kill with evasion,pots, and confidence.

V

Vaneca

I got another question in this matter...

How´s the Dex Bonus working for Bush Parry and Blockchance?
Same as with Parry alone?

And how effective is Evasion on that char as you obviously don´t have Anatomy GM or higher.

So its probably not working 100%, is it?

Preferably human or elf?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually have 70 dex w/ faction crimmy. Dex pot puts me to 90, even after curse above 80.

Evade works quite nicely, especially when people try to dump on you.

Go human.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Vaneca -- yes, dex still matters for bushido/parry mages. Here are the equations lifted directly from Stratics.

Code:
Blocking with a shield:
% Chance = (Parrying - Bushido) / 4 (If less than 0, the chance is 0)
(Add 5% if Parrying or Bushido skill is 100 or above)

Blocking with a 1-handed weapon (without a shield):
New = (Parrying * 10) * (Bushido * 10) / 48000 (Add 5% if Parrying or Bushido skill is 100 or above)
Legacy = (Parrying * 10) / 80 (Add 5% if Parrying skill if 100 or above)
% Chance = Whichever is highest of the New and the Legacy formula.

Blocking with a 2-handed weapon:
New = (Parrying * 10) * (Bushido * 10) / 41140 (Add 5% if Parrying or Bushido skill is 100 or above)
Legacy = (Parrying * 10) / 80 (Add 5% if Parrying skill if 100 or above)
% Chance = Whichever is highest of the New and the Legacy formula.

Dexterity Modifier if dex is less than 80: (80 - Dexterity) / 100 (If Dexterity is higher than 80, the modifier is 0)
Final % Chance of blocking = Base Chance * (1 - Dexterity Modifier)
I went human. My parry-mage build is coming along. I've been training up the skills the past few days. I'll let you know how it is working for me.

Anyone know a fast method to train anatomy on a mage (other than to soulstone is on from a warrior)?

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quickest way I've found to work anatomy is to have a friend wear cloak of corruption (or if you have a 2nd account). On the guy you need to work it get your dex as high as possible and use bandies on your friend while also using anat skill in between bandaid applications.

V

Vaneca

I tried with rezzing not long ago. Worked pretty well too.
But I think I just started rezzing after 60 or 70 anatomy

T

Turdnugget

Obsidian, i'd shoot for finding a +mage ring or crystalline along with Treatise on Alchemy if need be for another 5 magery and get a 1handed -mage weapon.

That way you can chug on the run instead of disarming to chug. Also, if you can find that weapon with hit spell on it... even better so you can get free damage every so often.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, Turdnugget. I'm actually training the half-necro parry mage template mentioned above. If I don't like that or want to try the bush-mage, I will look for the -20 spell channelling mage-weapon. What would you recommed? I'm thinking a Ruby Mace with SSI, HCI, DI, HLD, and hit spell. Of course those are dream mods in order of preference. Or do you think the Ruby Mace would be too slow to be effective?

-OBSIDIAN-

T

Turdnugget

Well, if you got high dex, which you would need 80+ either by items/pots etc for parry to really work, a harder hitting SSI weapon wouldn't be bad.

Since you don't really rely on the weapon fom damage as your main output, that should work.

However, personally i'd prefer a -mage weapon to have HLA (you get hit less) Hit spell (free damage) and DCI (to compensate getting hit with HLD)

On Test Center I used an Elven Machete with Hit Lightning/Mage/DCI and it worked wonders... i'd sometimes get hits for 16+ with the damage from the DI on the weapon, and from lightning hitting.

The nice thing about a faster mage weapon, kryss for example... when fighting a mage close up, you get a lot more free damage w/out having to cast. As you're swinging faster due to lower base swing speed, you're netting more damage. Great for interrupting too in close quarters.