• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Burn

S

Still Frame

This is just an out of game question. How many people have had 2nd or very minor 3rd degree burns and how long did it take before it stopped seriously hurting? I got one about a week ago from part of a broiler about half and inch from the bend of my elbow. So cant really bend or straighten it...no lynk it didnt ruin my sex life...jerk. I'm just wondering how long i can expect for this to keep bleeding and hurting like hell.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just an out of game question. How many people have had 2nd or very minor 3rd degree burns and how long did it take before it stopped seriously hurting? I got one about a week ago from part of a broiler about half and inch from the bend of my elbow. So cant really bend or straighten it...no lynk it didnt ruin my sex life...jerk. I'm just wondering how long i can expect for this to keep bleeding and hurting like hell.

I'd say 2 weeks before you can quit changing the bandage multiple times a day, and maybe 3 before you can leave it uncovered without risk of infection (As long as you clean it.)

As for hurting, put some mustard on it. :thumbsup:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a bottle of motrin, and take 4 thats 800 milligrams which is the same as prescription strength motrin. I burned my leg once on a weed whipper engine, and used motrin for the pain.

F

FireCrazy

First off did ya go to the Dr.? If not, with even minor third degree burns infection sets in quick without antibiotics and sterilized bandages. Im guessing it was a work related injury, since you said broiler, so if ya didnt go to the Dr., you and your supervisor are quite dumb. If it is a third degree burn, you also stand the risk of scarring and tissue damage.
Oh btw, dont put mustard on it. Dont put anything on it but clean cool water until you see a "professional", not some UO junkies. I have been a paramedic for 16 years now and have seen lots of burns, including on myself. Trust me if it were a third degree burn, and you had visited a Dr., you would have been given pain killers and antibiotics. While you are there, have him check yer head too!

Until next time!:next:

S

Still Frame

First off did ya go to the Dr.? If not, with even minor third degree burns infection sets in quick without antibiotics and sterilized bandages. Im guessing it was a work related injury, since you said broiler, so if ya didnt go to the Dr., you and your supervisor are quite dumb. If it is a third degree burn, you also stand the risk of scarring and tissue damage.
Oh btw, dont put mustard on it. Dont put anything on it but clean cool water until you see a "professional", not some UO junkies. I have been a paramedic for 16 years now and have seen lots of burns, including on myself. Trust me if it were a third degree burn, and you had visited a Dr., you would have been given pain killers and antibiotics. While you are there, have him check yer head too!

Until next time!:next:
I did go to the Dr. He really didnt give me much information just to keep it covered while im at work but to uncover it when i go to bed and stuff so it can breathe.

S

Still Frame

I'd say 2 weeks before you can quit changing the bandage multiple times a day, and maybe 3 before you can leave it uncovered without risk of infection (As long as you clean it.)

As for hurting, put some mustard on it. :thumbsup:
Why mustard?

F

FireCrazy

I did go to the Dr. He really didnt give me much information just to keep it covered while im at work but to uncover it when i go to bed and stuff so it can breathe.
Might I suggest a better Dr....Like Kavorkian?

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably gonna take a good couple weeks to heal. If close to your elbow then your skin does alot of stretching and retracting... probably why it hurts so bad.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, Sieg working the fryer. Why do I not find that surprising lol. Haven't been promoted to the counter yet?

S

Still Frame

Hmm, Sieg working the fryer. Why do I not find that surprising lol. Haven't been promoted to the counter yet?
Pft it wasnt a fryer it was a broiler. Learn to read. Sorry that im 18 and need some spare cash. I'm so ashamed of myself? LOL Whoever you are, your not smart. Let me go get a real job while still in school without a college degree yet. Anyone really gonna make fun of a high school student for working 30-40 hours a week?

S

Still Frame

ps. aibal get out of my thread if it has nothing to do with it.

P

Piehunter

Pft it wasnt a fryer it was a broiler. Learn to read. Sorry that im 18 and need some spare cash. I'm so ashamed of myself? LOL Whoever you are, your not smart. Let me go get a real job while still in school without a college degree yet. Anyone really gonna make fun of a high school student for working 30-40 hours a week?
Fight the power!

S

Still Frame

Atleast i keep mine on a pvp topic. :) Yours is just being stupid. You have no valid input so please leave

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sieg this isnt a pvp thread its about your burn in real life, but people need to be nice, and not personally attack each other. Happy people make the world a better place. :thumbsup:
BTW I figured away to help you forget about your burn hurting, drop a big rock on your foot. That way your foot will hurt and make you forget about your burn hurting. :p but seriously hun take the motrin like I said in my last post

S

Still Frame

Sieg this isnt a pvp thread its about your burn in real life, but people need to be nice, and not personally attack each other. Happy people make the world a better place. :thumbsup:
BTW I figured away to help you forget about your burn hurting, drop a big rock on your foot. That way your foot will hurt and make you forget about your burn hurting. :p but seriously hun take the motrin like I said in my last post
I dont like taking pain killers unless i really have to because they kill enzymes which weakens your immune system. I'll save them for when im older

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would be advised to take some pain killers. Pain killers do not "kill" enzymes which weaken the immune system. Firstly, enzymes cannot killed, it's not a creature like bacteria. Enzymes are matter, which can be destroyed or consumed, but not killed. Secondly, anything that pain killers "attack" are connected with your synaptic junctions, which are part of your nervous system, not your immune system. Taking pain killers to affect them will have little to no effect on your immune system. Antibiotics, on the other hand, can kick the crap out of your immune system, as not all antibiotics are target specific in what they destroy, thus destroying both good and bad cells within the body. Again, if it bothers you that badly, take some pain killers....it's more important to not become addicted to any given pain killer than to take them in their recommended doses and to cease and desist when the pain is tolerable. Good, daily rest uninterrupted by pain is far more important for your body to enable healing to occur than the short term affect of a pain killer/antibiotic.

There, is that "helpful" enough for you?;)

A

After the Lovin'

You would be advised to take some pain killers. Pain killers do not "kill" enzymes which weaken the immune system. Firstly, enzymes cannot killed, it's not a creature like bacteria. Enzymes are matter, which can be destroyed or consumed, but not killed. Secondly, anything that pain killers "attack" are connected with your synaptic junctions, which are part of your nervous system, not your immune system. Taking pain killers to affect them will have little to no effect on your immune system. Antibiotics, on the other hand, can kick the crap out of your immune system, as not all antibiotics are target specific in what they destroy, thus destroying both good and bad cells within the body. Again, if it bothers you that badly, take some pain killers....it's more important to not become addicted to any given pain killer than to take them in their recommended doses and to cease and desist when the pain is tolerable. Good, daily rest uninterrupted by pain is far more important for your body to enable healing to occur than the short term affect of a pain killer/antibiotic.

Wonderful to hear,

helping heal Brittania one wandering healer at a time.

S

Still Frame

Yes that actually is helpful. But painkillers do weaken your immune system. One of my brothers is in medical school and has worked in a hospital for 3 years so dont tell me they dont.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sieg, unless you are on chemotherapy, or massive doses of pain killers/steroids, they don't. At least not to the effect that an 18 year high school kid will notice. Weakening the immune system of an "average" high school student due to pain killers is like pissing on a forest fire. Ask your brother.:D

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I see somebody else took some Anatomy and Physiology / Biochemistry at college... good memory!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Lots of nightmares there, 3 terms of Phys, 2 organic chem, 2 growth biology, 2 biology, 1 anatomy......blah.:eek:

S

Still Frame

I might just have to take my favorite "herbal" pain killer

D

Damm Looter

WOW!! Give Sieg some credit.

I don't care if he is flipping burgers,cooking fries or wrapping happy meals.Everyone starts somewhere and at least he has a job unlike alot of kids these days who think everything should just be handed to them.

I worked at McDonalds for a while when I was younger and now I run robotic welders for John Deere Hmmm.......guess that flipping burgers was just a stepping stone to a kickass job with great benefits and awsome pay.

Good job Sieg at least you are motivated to do something with yourself.
Hope your burn gets better

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Lots of nightmares there, 3 terms of Phys, 2 organic chem, 2 growth biology, 2 biology, 1 anatomy......blah.:eek:
What degree you going after? Most medical doesn't even have that many levels of phys. Or was you like me and took it 3 times *jokes*

S

Still Frame

WOW!! Give Sieg some credit.

I don't care if he is flipping burgers,cooking fries or wrapping happy meals.Everyone starts somewhere and at least he has a job unlike alot of kids these days who think everything should just be handed to them.

I worked at McDonalds for a while when I was younger and now I run robotic welders for John Deere Hmmm.......guess that flipping burgers was just a stepping stone to a kickass job with great benefits and awsome pay.

Good job Sieg at least you are motivated to do something with yourself.
Hope your burn gets better
Hehe thank you looter, but its Burger King!! Mostly cuz one of my friends who is only 17, near 18 is a manager (he also plays uo but doesnt pvp) just for the summer but still $180ish a week isnt bad

F

FireCrazy

Hehe thank you looter, but its Burger King!! Mostly cuz one of my friends who is only 17, near 18 is a manager (he also plays uo but doesnt pvp) just for the summer but still $180ish a week isnt bad

Wow $180 a week? I spend that much in fuel these days!

S

Still Frame

Wow $180 a week? I spend that much in fuel these days!
Well i do alot of side jobs where im making a good $150+ a day. That isnt bad for still being in school. Gas is down to about $3.57 here at one of the gas stations. The line for gas is so long that it isnt even worth the wait. When u have a gas line thats over 2 miles whats the point?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What degree you going after? Most medical doesn't even have that many levels of phys. Or was you like me and took it 3 times *jokes*

My BS was in Animal Science at Michigan State University. Then, if you want real pain, I got stupid and grabbed an MS in Economics lol.

S

Still Frame

So your afarid of killing enzymes you said, but by this comment your not afraid of killing brain cells? :coco:
Somehow i missed this post. I'm afraid i dont understand what you mean. Herbal teas kill brain cells? :fake: I just want something to relax with :p

S

Speed_Racer

I think what we really need to dedicate our time talking about is paper cuts.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, but we will rip on you for comming on here regularly and acting like you know everything.

The fact that you are 18 just confirms my suspicions. I now see why UO is so important to you and why it is so critical to your identity.

S

Still Frame

No, but we will rip on you for comming on here regularly and acting like you know everything.

The fact that you are 18 just confirms my suspicions. I now see why UO is so important to you and why it is so critical to your identity.
Lol what are you talking about? I come on here to **** people off, and clearly it works. I enjoy listening to everyone try and bash me and cry. Ive been saying that for about a year and a half when are u finally gonna get it?