• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bullet Train for East Coast Cities including Betaville Starting now...

G

GregK

The bullet trains are firing up for:

Alphaville not started
Blazing Falls not started
Calvin's Creek not started
Dan's Grove not started
East Jerome not started
Fancey Fields not started
Betaville not started

Get your moves arranged, or un-arranged, as appropriate.

Trains leave in 10 minutes.

Thanks
gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

Alphaville not started
Dan's Grove not started
East Jerome not started

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg off Topic, but any merges going to happen tonight or tommrow after the bullet trains are done?

G

GregK

No merges until AFTER EA-Land and TC3 are SAFELY on the east coast.

Sorry.

Regards,
gk

G

Darn it, can't get in yet to put my BV sim(s) on the bullet train, and they are the oldest sims ever
will there be another chance for BV'ers to bullet train?

G

<blockquote><hr>

all betaville sims are moving now too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, the title says *including BV* but now that you said that, maybe it's a typo. No biggie for me if it is, since I can't get in to hop on the train anyway

G

GregK

this from a blog that explains what is up with trains:

Movers and Shakers
Posted in Uncategorized, City Merge by Parizad on the February 27th, 2008 Edit This
Although we’ve started merging some cities in, we’re not done with the moves. Let me repeat that. We’re not done with the moves!

Okay, so here’s the ditty: We don’t know how many moves we’re going to do before we’re finished with all of the merges. There will be at least one more move. So if you’ve set your set to move and want to cancel, please do so immediately. As for the opposite, if you’ve wanted to move, please set your Sim to do so immediately!

Betaville residence can move now! It is important to note that if your sim moves, they will take their objects with them, but not their simoleans or their houses. Important: If you move the head of the household to EA-Land, you will lose the property in BV. It will not go to the next family member.

When you move a family member (not the head of household), they will arrive with a birthday cake and the clothes on their back. Only the head of the household will come with all objects.

There is no Free Will in EA-Land!

Budda-budda-budda, that’s all folks! Keep an ear out for the next bullet train. Choo choo!

Hope this helps.

gk

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Alphaville not started
Dan's Grove not started
East Jerome not started

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

The list dosnt have BV..

G

<blockquote><hr>

this from a blog that explains what is up with trains:

Movers and Shakers
Posted in Uncategorized, City Merge by Parizad on the February 27th, 2008 Edit This
Although we’ve started merging some cities in, we’re not done with the moves. Let me repeat that. We’re not done with the moves!

Okay, so here’s the ditty: We don’t know how many moves we’re going to do before we’re finished with all of the merges. There will be at least one more move. So if you’ve set your set to move and want to cancel, please do so immediately. As for the opposite, if you’ve wanted to move, please set your Sim to do so immediately!

Betaville residence can move now! It is important to note that if your sim moves, they will take their objects with them, but not their simoleans or their houses. Important: If you move the head of the household to EA-Land, you will lose the property in BV. It will not go to the next family member.

When you move a family member (not the head of household), they will arrive with a birthday cake and the clothes on their back. Only the head of the household will come with all objects.

There is no Free Will in EA-Land!

Budda-budda-budda, that’s all folks! Keep an ear out for the next bullet train. Choo choo!

Hope this helps.

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, OK....guess I will just have to hope the updater issue is resolved so I can finish patching and set the H of H to move to EAL from BV. Lee hasn't posted in a while, if he's around can you poke him over to the Tech forums? I got a batch of special brownies up for grabs I've been able to make while waiting for things to patch!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Alphaville not started
Dan's Grove not started
East Jerome not started

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

The list dosnt have BV..

[/ QUOTE ]

Monkey read ALL the posts
the title includes BV and Greg clarified why BV is in the title but not in the list

G

Im guessing BV has the most moves set lol im guessing this could be a long night for betaville to move everyone, i suspect most people have 3 sims going from their beta family

G

GregK

All trains are held at station for a moment.

More to come...

Regards,
gk

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

How long would it take to move EAL and TC3 to the east coast?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

How long would it take to move EAL and TC3 to the east coast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think the blog post about it said they are scheduling 2 -4 hours (which probably means 6. hehe)...If TC3 moves well, then the next day they do EA-Land.

Scheduled for next week. Then more merges week after that.

<blockquote>
Monday, March 3, 2008 at 8:00 A.M. PST. Test Center 3 will go offline for a data center migration. We expect the down to be between 2-4 hours.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:00 A.M. PST. EA-Land will go offline for a data center migration. This will happen only if the data migration for Test Center 3 is okay. </blockquote>

M

Monkeybear

Oh the is data backup the move? I wasnt sure I cant access the blog

S

Sims2

hope it is ok to ask this i do not have any bv sims as i was gone to long and

they are deleted is bv going to be closed forever or can i make new sims there? i

hope so i like bv i hope they keep it open is it going to be merged?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

All cities are gone. They are morphing into what is now known as Ea Land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hope it is ok to ask this i do not have any bv sims as i was gone to long and

they are deleted is bv going to be closed forever or can i make new sims there? i

hope so i like bv i hope they keep it open is it going to be merged?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my BV sims were not deleted when I left, and I was gone a year or more. I don't think BV undergoes the same DADDI inactivity wipes as the other cities get, as I know several people who left and came back who got to keep their BV families even though all other sims on the account were gone bye-bye.

S

Sims2

oh so no more bv correct? will there still be 4 sims you can make or no?

oh i did not know that is i can't get into bv because it is saying internal error

G

<blockquote><hr>

oh so no more bv correct? will there still be 4 sims you can make or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

BV sims will be moved/merged to EA-Land. At this point their objects will be included as seen on the tso-e blog. Houses are still iffy, I believe. Betaville will, like all of the other cities, become a part of EA-Land. The Free Will aspect will be removed from moving/merging avatars. At this point you will only be able to play one at a time. Eventually we will have the option to play multiple sims on the same account.

In summary, BV avatars will become the same as any other, and are included in the total number of sims we can have in EA-L (8).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Will my Bear be in EaLand this evening?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what the hold up is, and how long it takes them to run all the bullet trains......patience padiwan

I

imported_MattelMichele

I have one quick question, i set my oldest sim from BF to move to EA-land. Does that mean i will lose my home? Should i cancel this move &amp; allow the merge to take place naturally?

~Michele

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have one quick question, i set my oldest sim from BF to move to EA-land. Does that mean i will lose my home? Should i cancel this move &amp; allow the merge to take place naturally?

~Michele

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its always been said that bullet trains are WITHOUT LOTS. I'm not sure at this late stage if it's still possible to cancel the move since they were already supposed to have been started, but it's worth a shot.

I

imported_MattelMichele

whew! quick call !
Cancelled the move, thank you for replying so quickly; i was a tad confused.
Sometimes these threads leave me second guessing about what it is i am supposed to do.

Again thank you, i have cancelled the move and hope my simmy makes the next merge intact and with her prized home.

N

nobuttkisser

I thought after the production cities in TSO were closed that train derailed.... guess not choo chooo

G

<blockquote><hr>

All trains are held at station for a moment.

More to come...

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

This post from a couple hours ago was the last one, so I'm thinking this must be a big "Houston, we have a problem" situation.
I'll make the special brownies for the devs if someone else will make a couple gallons of tea and coffee......

G

I noticed that also. They are now fixing a huge error we have been having for a long time. Maybe that has something to do with it?

S

Sims2

so if bv is being merged to ea land and we have 8 slots in ea land.

any bv sims will take place of any sims we may have already created in the ea

land in 8 slots?

because bv sims do not get deleted from what i read in one of the posts above.

thanks

G

The BV sims are already showing in EA Land log in screen. That is where you put in for the move.

D

donnallg

Yes but EALand is down so it doesn't give an option to move them there.

I was just wondering if it's to late to set them up to move.

G

No harm in trying, since the train is stuck at the station. I have put in for moves, since it was delayed. Hopefully my sims make it.

S

Sims2

The BV sims are already showing in EA Land log in screen. That is where you put in for the move.

if you were answering my question aslo not sure*

i just recently came back to tso. i never could get in bv to schedule any moves*

always got internal error- the reason i wanted to know was if bv sims were

coming to ea land slots i would have to clear some slots .

C

coyoteee

::taps fingers on desk::

Any idea when EA Land is coming back online?

~Coy

S

Sims2

so bv sims have alreay been moved? bv is already merged? if all slots were full i lost them i guess.

G

I'm in TC3 skilling. Seems to be several houses full of sims doing the same thing, so some people waiting can come skill here in the city with us

Skilling is boring, but at least you'd be doing *something* with your sim to calm the withdrawl whilst tapping your finger on the desk and/or posting here?

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

I'm in TC3 skilling. Seems to be several houses full of sims doing the same thing, so some people waiting can come skill here in the city with us

Skilling is boring, but at least you'd be doing *something* with your sim to calm the withdrawl whilst tapping your finger on the desk and/or posting here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good plan, o wise Carrie. BrT.

~coy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good plan, o wise Carrie. BrT.

~coy

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL NOT! Just not fond of much idle time so it's common practice for me to be doing 2 or 3 things at once. ATM, it is watching "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" skilling in TC3, and posting here. If things slow down here I might replace this with pogo for a bit until the hubby gets back from the neighbors house (love being married to a techie-geek hubby that used to build computers but hate it when the neighbors come by needing help 'for a minute' that lasts 4 hours LOL).

D

donnallg

So who's moving their BV sims?

Are you moving all of them or a few of them?

Edit: to correct spelling

G

I am moving the slaves and leaving the masters to merge.

LOL I forgot I did put in a move for one master that is a roomie. The rest are owners so are staying til the merge.