• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Bulk order Changes

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bulk Order Revamp

• Bulk Order Caching
  • NPCs will now allow cache up to 3 bulk order deeds for players
  • All BODs are limited to one every six hours; this is no longer dependent on crafting skill level
  • The system will “cache” up to 18 hours worth of BOD give outs
  • Players may claim all 3 deeds in quick succession
  • Turning in a BOD adds a new deed to the cache (up to 3)
  • Example: Log in after 18 hours and receive 3 deeds
  • Example: Receive 3 deeds, then turn in 3 filled deeds, and immediately receive 3 new deeds

Bulk Order Bribery

• Players may now grease the palms of NPCs that give out Bulk Order Deeds
  • The NPC will accept a bribe from the player in order to upgrade a BOD to a better one
  • Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material
  • Can only upgrade completely empty deeds
  • NPCs will become more greedy over time and ask for higher bribes
  • Higher level deeds also require higher bribes
  • NPCs who are bribed frequently will come under Guild scrutiny, and stop accepting bribes for a short time
  • To start the process, select the Bribe context menu option on the NPC, and follow the instructions!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to upgrade SBOD to LBOD?
Is it possible to upgrade order for ring gloves to plate gloves?
Is it possible to upgrade order for bone helm to leather tunic?

I predict no to all, but fingers crossed :eyes:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I like the fact it will store 3 for you so with the other one you will be able to log in one time i think and collect all four instead of every 6 hours

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
does not seem upgrade will be possible just combine current

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This worth to copy some strings here:
You may only combine runic tools of the same type.
You may only combine runic tools of the same material.
The combined charges of the two tools cannot exceed 100.
Both tools must be in your backpack in order to combine them.
You combine the runic tools, consolidating their Uses Remaining.

I should be easily able to find a better replacement for that bulk order.
I shouldn't have too much trouble finding a better replacement for that bulk order.
It will be very difficult for me to find a better replacement for this bulk order.
I won't be able to replace that bulk order with a better one.
If you help me out, I'll help you out. I can replace that bulk order with a better one, but it's gonna cost you ~1_amt~ gold coin. Payment is due immediately. Just hand me the order and I'll pull the old switcheroo.
My business is being watched by the Guild, so I can't be messing with bulk orders right now. Come back when there's less heat on me!
Bribe
So you want to do a little business under the table?
Target a bulk order deed to show to the shopkeeper.
That is not a bulk order deed.
I don't deal in those goods.
I am sorry to say I cannot work with a deed that is even partially filled.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok I took a order to brit forge and asked how much to upgrade it was 11600 then went to delucia and same order was only 7900 so i ugraded I started with gold 15 exc and came out with agapite 15 exc
I then tried again the guy said he was being watched so I went to brit and he upgraded the same order again for me to verite then one more time to valorite 15 exc so from gold to valorite cost about 30k

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes that was the only one i tried but went from gold to val

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5x10 horned normal studded LBOD
for 22200 gp it turned to
5x10 barbed normal studded LBOD
for 71600 more it turned to
5x15 barbed normal studded LBOD
for 134100 more to
5x20 barbed normal studded LBOD
and got watched...
for 136400 gp another tailor turned it to
5x20 barbed exceptional studded LBOD
and refuses to upgrade it more

20 barbed normal thing boots SBOD
for 15100 gp turned to
20 barbed exceptional thing boots SBOD
and refuses to upgrade it more

20 iron exceptional spear SBOD can't be upgraded

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bulk Orders - I dont think you should be able to bribe the orders all the way from dull copper to valorite. It dosnt really cost all that much to achieve also i found one vendor which i bribed 6 times till he stopped.

Id much prefer the option of increasing units needed i.e. if its a 10 you can bribe it to 15 then to 20.

Another option to increase the metal value maybe by 2 tiers. (Dull copper order can be increased to copper)

The Third Option to increase to an exceptional bod.

I understand this would take a while but the current process just effects the metal type and nothing else unless its allready valorite then it will increase the bod amount.

Failing this can the Bribe just randomly give another bod but increase your chance of getting a mid - highier reward bod??

** just did another dull copper bod and it started with 10 units first bump was to 15 units then after that went all the way to valorite. Would be better to focus on the units more than the metal type i.e. if starting at 10 units more chance of getting 2 upgrades in units than 1 upgrade in metal type.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think making runics especially the high end ones easier to attain even if it costs some is absolutely needed I have collected bods now for years and have about 12 venders all with books all full and still have never gotten one and this doesnt even come close to the ones i have thrown out!

With that said for smiths for example it is going to take them even farther from there old glory days and make there job mainly just collecting bods and then crafting the ones raised into runics

anyone can use the runics it seems from what i am hearing

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
with .1 Blacksmith I took a 15 normal shield bod up to a 20 exceptional valorite bod for the cost of 176k gold

also not that if one smith at a forge wont help you the others may it appears they also go off of what others are doing with them so first come first serve it seems

I went to a out of the way forge that no one had been using and used it many times where the one in brit i could not use 1 time and i had never used it with this guy

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of the bribe just how it currently stands its far to cheap and easy.

Id prefer the bribe to also be based on Skill and to only be able to go so far i.e.

only able to bribe say 6 times a day and it will only bribe units first e.g.

10 gold > 15 gold > 20 gold > 20 agapite > 20 verite > 20 valorite.

then you would still have to cycle bods to get ones worth bribing it would still be easier to get hammers etc just more time / gold to get there.

Id still be in favour of an option to select the bribe you want but still a cap to the amount of times you can do it.

Thadagaron

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we are now in the realms of a val hammer is achievable in a day.Ludicrous. Having spent years doing on average 100 bods a week to find this is disheartening indeed.The advent of imbuing nullified the smithy to a mere pof maker because there was no point in doing anything else except the high end hammers.

All this will do is make high end hammers a day to day occurence,which will mostly see the results of those hammers unravelled into relics and not used ingame for any purpose.

If this is what smithy's want then they have just signed their own death warrant on making any sort of livelihood or worthwhile purpose in the game.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who think that there only going to be valorite and verite runic hammer soon should think a bit harder. We might all be able to get these nice Bods but are we not forgetting that (Not me anyway) not have unlimited supply of ingots to fill these bods!

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who think that there only going to be valorite and verite runic hammer soon should think a bit harder. We might all be able to get these nice Bods but are we not forgetting that (Not me anyway) not have unlimited supply of ingots to fill these bods!
Actually that's where I'm very happy to be one of the few who have taken the time to raise the Tier Quests to the max. It looks like Elixirs of Valorite Conversion are going to be pretty handy hehe.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If people are struggling to gather verite and valorite ingots they should think about the tools available too them i do about an hour of mining on saturdays and usually manage to gather 100 val ingots ok with little effort. Not to meantion the masses of script miners out there who STILL beat the system despite repeated posts my myself and others.

Its not just Verite and Valorite that gets you val hammers according to posts ive read apparently a 20 excep gold plate can net you a val hammer if that is so following logic (not uo's strong point) that means gold and agapite are also available for use thats a large pool of ingots to draw from and im sure noones suffering from a lack of gold ingots.

Ive done a few more of these bods and not had another unit rise just metals ive given up now this is a poor change in its current state i really hope they take note and restrict it some more!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Another way to get Valorite ingots and verite for that matter people may be forgetting is the els in shame also drop them whenever i hunt there i always loot the higher ore!