• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Building Sampire

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a sampire in the works, and having not played since 2004 this is a very hard build for me to wrap my mind around. So I was hoping someone here might have tryed a similar build and let me know how they liked it.

120 Fencing
80 Tactics
80 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Spirt Speak

I'm honestly not sure what I should do as far as stats go at all. Do I need more then 25 INT? I have ate a +25 max stat scroll for this character.

I intend to build a new suit for this character (down the road -- once I chip away at his skills some more) but for now I have a Virtue Armor set (All 70's Resist / Self-Repair / 8 Pieces free hands / jewlry ). I have DCI + 21% HCI 12% STR +3 DEX +6 on my jewlry. 36 DCI Total with shield of invul. Now I'm curious, will my Vamp Form be enough to keep me alive combined with spirit speak? Would it be better to seek a weapon with good drains (HP/MP) or high DI, DCI, SSI, and HCI?

One more thing I'm unsure about. I've been told that with 100+ Bushido/Parrying, that you will effectivley parry more with a 2 handed weapon. At what point does this actually become more effective, and what would be a good weapon(s) to aquire for a 2 handed fencer.

And lastly, as I build my suit, what mods should I be looking for the most? Thanks in advance for all feedback!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*tries hard to be nice*

I'd browse through the other sampire posts. There is a lot of helpful information. There are 5 people that have posted all of the ins/outs/options of sampires.

*gulp*

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, are you in either the Catskills Alliance or UP (something you said once makes me think you're in my circle of activity, which is why I ask).

If you are, try to track down either Farsight (me) or Aneirin (also me) and we'll give you tips in-game. And some better jewels. I'm pretty sure I can help out with that.

In the mean time.
1. Lose the shield. You're better off with no parry if you want bushido and a shield. A one handed weapon will parry about 5% less than a two handed weapon, but you make up for it in speed and the ability to use potions (and whirlwind attack in the case of the radiant/twinkling scimitar)
2. You need enough intelligence to cast all of your spells/specials. I have at least 30 on all of my warrior-types.
3. You need as much dex as you can get. In the world of UO, speed is everything.
4. Without healing, you're better off loading up on tactics and not using anatomy. Since you aren't getting double use out of anatomy (healing more and damaging more), tactics is much better for adding more damage.
5. While you're dropping some anatomy, drop the rest of it for chivalry. Consecrate weapon and Enemy of One are much better for doing more damage than even 120 anatomy.

And... What Lynk said.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, are you in either the Catskills Alliance or UP (something you said once makes me think you're in my circle of activity, which is why I ask).

If you are, try to track down either Farsight (me) or Aneirin (also me) and we'll give you tips in-game. And some better jewels. I'm pretty sure I can help out with that.

In the mean time.
1. Lose the shield. You're better off with no parry if you want bushido and a shield. A one handed weapon will parry about 5% less than a two handed weapon, but you make up for it in speed and the ability to use potions (and whirlwind attack in the case of the radiant/twinkling scimitar)
2. You need enough intelligence to cast all of your spells/specials. I have at least 30 on all of my warrior-types.
3. You need as much dex as you can get. In the world of UO, speed is everything.
4. Without healing, you're better off loading up on tactics and not using anatomy. Since you aren't getting double use out of anatomy (healing more and damaging more), tactics is much better for adding more damage.
5. While you're dropping some anatomy, drop the rest of it for chivalry. Consecrate weapon and Enemy of One are much better for doing more damage than even 120 anatomy.

And... What Lynk said.
Aye this is going on the character Lucius Ovidius. I've been reading more and more until my head now feels like exploding from all the info I've taken in. I've already ditched the shield and aquired a Darkened Sky (Kama for whirlwhind) with SSI 25 DI 50 and HL 60%.

Taking you're advice about dropping anatomy completely for chiv, how high is it worth taking chiv? I will drop 80 anatomy for 80 chiv, or should I try and split it like 45 chiv 35 focus? I'm looking at these two possibilities

110 Fencing (120 w/ Jewel)
110 Bushido (120 w/ Jewel)
110 Parry
100 Necro
100 Tactics
100 Spirt Speak
45 Chivalry
35 Focus

OR

110 Fencing (120 w/ Jewel)
110 Bushido (120 w/ Jewel)
110 Parry
100 Necro
100 Tactics
100 Spirt Speak
80 Chivalry

My stats were already at 100/100/55, I probably should have mentioned that originally. What I meant was, what is a good place for my stats to sit with the 255 cap.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In your case, I would drop anatomy for 10 points of tactics (enables secondary specials, you'll thank me later) and put 70 points into chivalry (based on your original template). The bare minimum for chivalry is 60 for 100% consecrate weapon, but not being able to cast Enemy of One very often will get frustrating (only 30% chance).

If you use the second pair of templates you mentioned, the second is FAR superior to the first, mostly because focus stinks. More so because you're human and gain the benifits of 20 focus at 0 focus skill. I love Jack of all trades sometimes.

I may have some weapons which you'll love for Lucius as well. I'm a bit disorganized at the moment, but I'll see if I can find them for you.

Also, you'll want to take 20-25 points of int and put them into dex. 120 stamina will gain you a tick of swing speed. That's also pretty important.