• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building more floors...

Hi all. This would be my first post. I remember reading in the forum a while back about making custom curved stairs. In that post I found a link to adding more floors to custom houses using a reward ladder and some mats. Does anyone remember this? I can't find it and actually want to give it a try.

Sunghun

Adventurer
Please install a ladder on the wall. Create decorative stones and stack them up for each floor. When all the floors are complete, you can obtain a new level. By repeating this process, you can reach greater heights.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe these links would help?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all. This would be my first post. I remember reading in the forum a while back about making custom curved stairs. In that post I found a link to adding more floors to custom houses using a reward ladder and some mats. Does anyone remember this? I can't find it and actually want to give it a try.
I just did this for the pre-fab custom keep I built (Lestat's). You can use the "rough blocks" from the masonry screen to create a floating floor; you can lock things down on the floor but you cannot place deeded items (like a forge etc).

Quick tip when using a deco tool to raise the blocks; if you are on the ground floor you will receive a message at some point about the item cannot raise any higher. This is due to a Z axis limitation when you are on the same plain... to get around this limitation just get to a higher point (ie the second/third floor) and you can raise it until you reach that higher floor's Z axis limit.

Example: You have 4 floors and you place the rough block on the ground on floor 1. Using the deco tool on floor 1 it will only raise up to around floor 2. To raise it higher, go as high as you can (floor 4) and raise it as far as you'd like. You will be able to raise it up to floor 2 or floor 3 or floor 4 or almost "floor 5".

There is a height limit though... when I'm on the top floor of my keep and I try to put down a block when I'm at the highest level (almost floor 5) the item drops back into my pack and it says I cannot go any higher.

Shoot me a message if you want me to help show you in game.

Ahh yes this sounds familiar... I thought it was done with goza mats. Using the ladder to get up then raise the mats up. Yes any picks of what it looks like beyond the 4th? I am curious because as you said deed items can't be placed so wondering how and what you can deco with.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st off, Welcome :)

Goza mats work fine for extra floors & placing deeds. I’ve never tried stone. Place the mats & a ladder, stand at the top of the ladder, then raise the mats. Thru testing, you can tell where the Z-axis switches to the next floor because the mat will disappear when you move off the ladder. This is helpful to know bc it enables placement of most deeded items without clipping thru floors. Store bought or vet reward house tele tiles help where space is limited once you have roughly finished the design.

Tall items such as garden sheds and lighthouses should be on top floors due to clipping. Be VERY cautious placing such deeds bc if a single mat under a placed deeded item drops for any reason (there are some bugs/glitches which can cause mat/s to drop unexpectedly in places that can NOT be seen) and you try to redeed the item..... it breaks apart & u lose it. Due to this, I lost a garden shed. GMs will not replace items lost to deco misfortunes. When using goza mats, I recommend placing valuable deeds last, when ur certain exactly where you want them, & don’t remove them later. If you 2nd guess urself a week later.... live with it. You may be rolling the dice on losing the item/deed.

This mechanic does however lead to some interesting deco decisions as you can break apart graphics by lower a mat. Then your able to chop certain parts of the graphic away leaving desired specific graphics to raise or lower. I’d HIGHLY recommend testing this on simple 2x2 or 3x3 deeded items of little or no value b4 trying. It can lead to some pretty amazing designs or a nightmare that you cant wake up from.

Pro Tip: Single tile deeded items place on mats above larger deeded items can be lowered down into them freeing up room w less clutter. Ex. - All my forges have anvils lowered into to them. The anvils become unseen but offer full functionality when crafting. ;)
Hope this helps ! :)

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I learned someone myself here. Goza mats can be built on whereas the rough block from masonry cannot.

EDIT*** Are we able to raise goza mats anymore? I just tried to use a deco tool to raise some up to test this and the tool said it cannot raise (or lower).

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Keven2002 -

Only certain goza mats can be raised to use in floor building iirc, not all of them work. Try using a different mat. I don’t remember the exact name or I’d tell ya.

@Wunderwaffen -

My pc gaming systems been boxed in the closet of my man cave for a few yrs now so I’ve no way take screenies, sorry.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 -

Only certain goza mats can be raised to use in floor building iirc, not all of them work. Try using a different mat. I don’t remember the exact name or I’d tell ya.

@Wunderwaffen -

My pc gaming systems been boxed in the closet of my man cave for a few yrs now so I’ve no way take screenies, sorry.
Ah good call - it's the square goza mat (1 tile). Thanks