• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building a good Sampire armor and weapon question

Oncledoj

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I'm a returning player, and a lot of things have changed since my old time.
I have a crafter Char, legendary tailor and smith, and nearly legendary imbuer.

I also have a sampire character, wich can barely kill a dragon. I figured i have to update my stuff.

So i have to craft a new one. But i'm not sure of what to do.
I understood i have to craft studded leather armor, then reforge, pof, imbue and eventually reinforce. But how do i chose the pieces i can reforge? How many do you reforge usually?

And wich sword do you think are good for a sampire these days? (bush parry, no healing)

thanks a lot.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Crafting a suit can be quite complicated but it is very rewarding. Especially if you're after an end-game suit. Here's how I crafted mine.

1) pick out which artifact drops to build your suit around. (mace and shield reading glasses is recommended, optional: insane tinker legs, despicable quiver or jumu's sacred hide). Crimson cincture is usually a must. Trinkets: I recommend Conjurer's trinket, cameo, or the +10 anat/tactics one. Slither is possible but I'd rather build with the intent on getting a cameo.
2) can you afford to buy a decent max resist piece of armor with stam, mana, LMC? If yes, I highly recommend starting out with this if you want to maximize stats on your gear
3) Make a spreadsheet in excel. Put in all your gear in. Make sure you hit your goals +25HP, high stamina, 45HCI, 100% DI (with weapon), SSI, 20+ DCI, 70s all resist after buffs. Make sure your stam + SSI = 1.25sec swing speeds.
4) Make another spreadsheet for the crafting portion. See image.
5) Know that studded base armor is 2 4 3 3 4
6) Know that exceptional at 100 arms lore adds +20 resists, randomly distributed to the armor
7) Know that the max resist you can imbue studded is +15 to base (17 19 18 18 19)
8) Know how much resist enhancement material will add
9) Input numbers into spreadsheet like mine
10) Calculate how much resist points you are missing
11) Subtract that number by 20*X where X is the number of crafted pieces. This number means "amount of resist you need to imbue"
12) Divide "amount of resist you need to imbue"/15 and round up to a whole number. If you want to make life easier, try to have a remainder of 3-4+ points per crafted piece. These are "wasted points". Otherwise, you can spend hours and hours trying to craft that perfect piece with just the right resists.
13) Number of times you need to imbue resist = number of crafted pieces you must make that has very very low resist in whatever you plan to imbue. For sure, you'll probably want to imbue fire on one piece so craft something with both low physical and super low fire resist. Any point above the minimal fire resist is "wasted points". In my example spreadsheet, I needed to only imbue resist once, which was 15 points into energy.
14) before you imbue, make sure to reforge with 5% HCI or 5% DCI if necessary
15) POF, then imbue, then artifact tool to guarantee 100% successful enhance.
16) Refine is you want to drop your DCI cap and increase cap of resistances.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Although what Tabin said, sounds extremely complicated at first. Its really not. After you make a few pieces out of leather though the whole process it will quickly come together.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are planning on refining, don't you need the extra +5 to the resists?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The only thing I am not understanding is what is that total under stats? When you add those up it isn't close to the total like the resists are

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 95 physical resist is to counter balance the protection spell which gives - 20 to physical resist. Through refining you can raise your resist to 75. He is building a suit around the Dragoon Template. The thread is in the Warriors Forum

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Protection gives -15 to physical resistance (-14 if being human) if your template doesnt have inscription included.