• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Build a better Necro/Paladin

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm recalling my template from memory.

125 str/ 158 Stamina/ 90 Mana
Elf

120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
120 SS
120 Necro
120 Resist

Suit is imbued Bone with 50 LMC and 100 LRC.

Normal tactics deploy two Skeletal Dragons. Animate Corpse for three extra minions. Use wraith form for mana regain. Use + Magery Jewelry spellbooks and gate scrolls to get Skeletals around.

Plays like hybrid warrior/ tamer. Damage output seems to be the weakness. Not enough Stamina to swing high damage weapons. Not enough mana amd health regained using wraith form and curse weapon. Fast swinging weapons feels likke it takes to long to kill mobs.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is that you don't have any mana reduction from combat skills.
You could use a hatchet, and get 5% ssi from town bonus, to swing it at max, damage is very good. And lower some skills to get lets say 80 bushido for the 200 combat points.
reforge a hatchet and get 96 hml (i think it is) use vamp form.
use the +10 tact talisman, +20 captn johns hat, add skills on juwels ?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50% LMC from the armor makes up for the -10 Mana from 300+ combat skil.

50% LMC is 15 mana for Armor Ignore vs 300 Combat is 20 mana for Armor Ignore.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did switch over to using a hatchet. It has helped out alot, since my stamina is suboptimal.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

To be a successful dexer and chain special moves, you ideally need 50% LMC total and 300 points in combat to reduce the mana cost by 10. The mana reduction STACKS.

Also keep in mind, the mana cost doubles when you chain special moves. Your armor ignores costs 15 mana for the first, then 30 mana for every one after that. With 300 combat points, it would be 10 for the first and 20 for everyone after that.

Wraith form is definitely a nice way to leech more mana. Just note that when the mob runs out of mana, your wraith form will stop leeching. You'll need to rely on HML and high damage hits at that point.

I suggest dropping resist since it is only really necessary for spawns and doom. I would pick up either bushido or parry. Having 200 points in combat reduce the mana cost by 5, which is good enough if you can dish out high damage + wraith form. 80 bushido will let you honor an opponent.

I know you're probably playing Necro mastery for fun and to be different...but you can also switch to Sword mastery. Cast Corpse skin, then hit onslaught, followed by 4x double strikes. It does really good damage against mobs that are weak to fire.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

CC shows max LMC at 40..Is that the true LMC or there is another "real" LMC not seen in the char status on CC? Thanks..

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on the armor you wear. Taken from UO Guide:
  • Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It depends on the armor you wear. Taken from UO Guide:
  • Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
Is there a max for LMC? It is not 40 max? My CC or EC stats list show 40 LMC regardless of items added..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there a max for LMC? It is not 40 max? My CC or EC stats list show 40 LMC regardless of items added..
NM.. I checked in the guide : You need studded leather items, and looks like max total is 55%..Ty for info..