• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs, Issues & Suggestions for SA

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple things i found so far beeing able to play it on my homeshard :p

• Bonsais dont clip
  • NPC tinerks dont sell clippers they are a craftable (patch notes say Tinkers now sell)
  • Some older plants dont clip

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And something I noticed late last night trying to mine some stone. The shovel was set for Ore & Stone ( this was in Tram). I kept getting gems and never got any stone at all. The shovel menu was stuck, I guess, because I couldn't change it, even. This being an account that is upgraded, btw.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA Is Still Crashing In Certain Spots Even On The Main Shards. Happened Again Today On Chessy. Now I Cant Get Into A Char Due To It Causing An Error Everytime. Starting To Wonder If They Were Actually Ready For The Release.

S

slavoie

Imbuing ingredients, magical residue, enchanted essence, are stacking but not properly. You can not remove quantities from the stack. It also just displays the single not the double like most stacks do. It was working fine the first day but now its not. I have tried various things to fix it but no luck.

Ok more info, this is only on my gargoyle char that is working imbuing. All other chrs on my account get the stack properly.

Ok, re-edit it is now bugged on a diff char.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Experimental Room: If you activate a gem then dump it before the timer runs out, the room will not let you take another gem in because you already have one 'active'. I dumped mine last night before server down so its no longer there, but the room seems to think it is.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raptors seem rather buggy - randomly despawning (whether it's the original or a pack-summoned copy) if you don't finish them fast enough.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taxidermy Kits & the New Fish

Not tried taxidermy on any other mobs yet, though as none have been mentioned (that I know of) I'm not sure if any new ones have been created. :(

But you can use them on the new fish - Mud Puppy and Red Herring.

The Red Herring initally creates a deed for a Red Herring trophy, which, when placed, is nice and red. However, if you redeed it, it turns into a normal fish trophy :(

The Mud Puppy turns into a clicoc error deed! :p

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyle Vendors
Have placed a few of these, both a rental and a normal vendor, in Tokuno. But nobody can buy items from them!
Have tried with SA entitled accounts.
You get a message "You can't buy that"
:(

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once Again I Crashed While Running The Abyss This Time Near Slasher Of Veils. Now Of Course Im Dead And Cant Get Back In To Get Rezed Or Get Body. This Is Becoming A Pain And Costly.

S

SororityGirl1913

Raptors seem rather buggy - randomly despawning (whether it's the original or a pack-summoned copy) if you don't finish them fast enough.
They also de-spawn right after they have been tamed sometimes. Happened 2/4 times to me today. Usually the ones with higher hp too.

A friend suggested this might be because they de-spawn when a new spawn pops... but still, very, very inconvenient.

Also, Sutek the mage wanders very far away. Found him up by the Slasher of Veils the other day - not good.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would It Be Possible To Decrease The Size Of The Soulforge? Im Having A Hard Time Fitting A 4 x 4 Section In My Keep And Not Block The Way.

H

house4saleUO

Tall intems on lower floors

I have noticed that if you place a tall item in your house on the floor and it petrudes through the next floor you cannot get past the item patruding through the upper floor.

H

house4saleUO

Niporailem the Theif mini boss

Not sure if this was intended, but first he throws gold/sand at you then curses you I have 453 str and he drops it to 353, hence I'm now 100 stones over wieght, THERE IS NO WAY TO COUNTERACT THAT CURSE!!!! I'm on my chiv/dexer and fire off remove curse over and over again and it will not remove!!!!

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thrilled to have larger books to write in (the new 100 and 200 page versions craftable by inscription) but disappointed when I found out I can't copy them. I get "this is not a book" when I try to target them.

R

Rhofhalinghoof

This is for the Farmer Nash quest.
This is a physical harassment/exploit that went un-answered by UO counselors.
A player was running into the field, and used a pre-cast invisiblility spell to hide himself. While invisible, he clicked on all of the weeds until he got a pitchfork. The weeds that didn't give a pitchfork spilled out higher level monsters. He did not kill the monsters, he left them for everyone else to fight, or die from being swarmed.
He kept anyone else from completing the quest while he completed it over and over and over. EXPLOIT.
I think they could make it so that you cannot activate the weeds while invisible.

S

Serine

Are there no human/Elf Artifacts in SA ? I havent seen one yet , all are for gorgyles . Even us humans wants some new eye cand :eyes:

G

Gaviel

house customization

anyone else having a problem with this? i will get my house designed the way i want and it wont let me convert it. says theres a problem with the structure and to look for orange tiles. ive looked and looked, even redesigned and every time it says this. the gms sent me to the site to write in, but that was almost a week ago and i havent heard anything back.

R

Rhanaghar

Not that but I crafted some sculptures and lockeed them down in my meeting room of my auction House and as you moon wlak through the chairs and meet one of these and persist to push against it ...it shoots you straight into the wall like a teleport spell...LOL!

R

Rhanaghar

I am having trouble since latest patch ...all my char desktops with shortcut spells and such like special moves have half disappeared and are all screwed up...anyone else experiencing this????

E

Edwin12342

Hello.. i acctually left uo after the beta of kingdom reborn with stygian abyss. i decided to return. i love 2d always have always will. but i think i could get used to the sa client. i downloaded it tried it out its not so bad. i guess this is more of a bug report. the problem im having is with the mouse how wheneveri mouse over any thing it's off. i dunno if you understand what im trying to say here. when i mouse onto something i acctually have to place cursor below what im mousing over to use it. i dunno if im explaning myself right. but thanks ^^:party:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found a tile to get stuck on in Underworld, 85o4'N x0oW (656.683). Need to recall/SJ off or use stuck option. Can't teleport off of it either.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes scroll binding ends in a long error message:
Error (TID): Provided Token Out of Range : 0 : 1113148 :/

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently the Cavern of the discarded is broken .Only one of the three works and advances past tier one
That one is scorpions and ratmen

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<snip> the problem im having is with the mouse how wheneveri mouse over any thing it's off. i dunno if you understand what im trying to say here. when i mouse onto something i acctually have to place cursor below what im mousing over to use it. i dunno if im explaning myself right. but thanks ^^:party:
The reason for this is that the screen resolution of the client is larger or smaller than the resolution of the display. For instance if you have two monitors that are 1680x1050 and drag the client desktop across the two monitors then the cursor will not align and the movement rate will be weird.

Go into user settings and make the full screen resolution equal to the display settings.

-Lorax

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not been able to reproduce it myself, but there was a notice on the herald about this.

F

Finagler

Cooldown timers.

I know most UO players are long used to the rhythm of abilities but with the revamp, isn't it time to add in a visible cooldown timer to abilities? In the book, on the bars.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher of the Veils Missing on catskills . Is he alive and well on other Shards?He can't be found anywhere in the dungeon. Can he be lured out of the Abyss?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two suggestions I'd like to see, along with all the bug fixes.
First is the ability to see how many items are in our backpacks. It's nice that we can drag all the weight, health, etc. up to bars and keep a visual on those, but occasionally I need to know how many items are in all the bags and packs and pouches and if I have room to grab something more (I do a lot of crafting).
Secondly, do something with the transparency of trees. I also do a lot of Tmaps and I love the new client for that, however...if it's in a heavily wooded area, only 1 or 2 of the cluster of trees you're under will go transparent, the rest continue to block your view. Circle of transparency is on but that's just the area around the character and even then there's times when it doesnt clear all the foliage. Very frustrating when trying to cast an EV to watch your back while you empty the box and have it appear at the base of the tree a screen and a half away. Not to mention the "run away" factor when you cant see where you're running!

F

Finagler

Also, Circle of Transparency doesn't seem to actually show some items around the player. I see a couple of candelabra with CoT on in 2D, but nothing in SA with CoT. Not sure what else might not show.

K

Klypso

Is anyone else having issues with this? or am I missing part of the quests?
Lake Superior Shard

Zosilem The Alchemist in the Royal City says shes a quest giver but I when double cliked all that comes up is a yellow lifebar.

Egwexem The Noble located at the bottom of the Marble Stairs entering the Royal City is the same way

Naxatilor The Seer located in Southeast Ter Mur is also this way.

Thanks for any help provided.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else having issues with this? or am I missing part of the quests?
Lake Superior Shard

Zosilem The Alchemist in the Royal City says shes a quest giver but I when double cliked all that comes up is a yellow lifebar.

Egwexem The Noble located at the bottom of the Marble Stairs entering the Royal City is the same way

Naxatilor The Seer located in Southeast Ter Mur is also this way.

Thanks for any help provided.

Zosilem only give quests after doing 5 Tier 2 quests from Thepem.

Egwexem and Naxatilor and linked. And if you already got access to the Abyss in one way or another, they don't give you there quest anymore.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Container bug alert! I don't know if this is just me, or others.

I've been killing Chicken Lizards around Royal City and get the message 'Container holds 1 item' (sometimes 2) when I open the corpse, but nothing appears. Someone in the help chat said 'eggs', but I can't see them! I'm using 2D, they say it's got the egg art so it should show... I'm miffed, because I'm on a quest for the museum curator to get pottery fragments, and if they drop and I can't see them, how am I supposed to finish the quest?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Container bug alert! I don't know if this is just me, or others.

I've been killing Chicken Lizards around Royal City and get the message 'Container holds 1 item' (sometimes 2) when I open the corpse, but nothing appears. Someone in the help chat said 'eggs', but I can't see them! I'm using 2D, they say it's got the egg art so it should show... I'm miffed, because I'm on a quest for the museum curator to get pottery fragments, and if they drop and I can't see them, how am I supposed to finish the quest?

Pottery frag. drop on all sorts of creatures in the Underworld as well as the Abyss as well as Silver Serpents, so you don't need to rely on just the CLs.

However, that is something that should be looked at if indeed the CLs on your shard are buggy. I kill the CLs on Napa just fine and periodically get eggies from them.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kirthag: Had been doing all kinds of spawn (CL, serpents, various abyss critters) but not getting frags off any of them. all give the same bug/odd count and fewer/no visible items in the corpse. Submitted bug report, no response. Posted today on UHall, hoping to get more responses here and maybe get it seen by a dev, since apparently they don't care about bug reports... really annoyed here; it's also happening on skeles in Yew. I'm on Chesapeake, if anyone else wants to check it there.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If others were also posting complaints, then I'd say the shard's server is buggy... but I've not seen anyone else post. I'll log into Chessy tonight & see what I can hunt up... I think I still have a hunting character on that shard.

There is a _slim_ possibility that your art files are somehow corrupted. If you are not patched right for the artwork, you will get the item count, but not see the item for the artwork is missing. I had that happen a couple times years ago... the unicorns were still plain horses to me for several months as I couldn't patch right.

I know it may sound like a pain, but you may want to uninstall your client, wipe it from your drive, and reinstall/patch up to current. That might help you out a bit.

R

ReaperNI

horay another bug! this one screwed me out of finishing the dragon while my team got all the goodies.If you cant see apparently you can fall into the section that is above the ank but you cant get out i tried shadow jumpping everywhereTYR

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not as important as any of the above in terms of gameplay but the corpses of the coral snakes are named "a coral snake corpse corpse" and the corpses of the Clan Chitter Assistants are named just "corpse". Also, only the silver serpents inside the Tomb of Kings are named with capitals, as "Silver Serpent".

E

Evies Hope

Yea, Kind of looks like another Age of Shadows start up...I waited this long to purchase the SA thinking they would have had plenty of time to work out the bugs and I'd get a fairly bug free game. I should have known when it took me three days and two calls to EA just to get the client downloaded (Why no CD this time?)
Now I have a character with no character bar in the lower right corner, and things like my water fountain, the hearth of the homefires, and the fountain of life randomly vanish or are partially covered by the tiles below them...And ya'll released ANOTHER expansion when this one doesn't run correctly yet? Shame on you!

Vessel the Humakti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Daer All.

This is Vessel from Mizuho Shard.
Nice to meet you!
Today I post some ideas about SA pack, Its just only idea and I'm newbie in UOSS, If you feel something bad, please teach me "Easy English". (I'm not native English speaker!)

Stagian Dragon head.
So many times I cut off his head and stock it. Now it is just only a trophy, But I don't need so much his head! So I think about how to use it....
How about it?

Helmet of Swamp dragon.
Maybe design dep. will hate this suggestion :-D
Now we can put armor on the swamp dragon. It looks so cute.
I want to make helmet for him with Stagian dragon head. Maybe its shape so cool. ....Yes, Designer will make so coooool helmet I believe.