• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged unicorn

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is a recently tamed unicorn (1.5 weeks ago), which I bonded a few days ago.

First picture:
Pay attention to Stamina and Dex. It is 101/101, which were the initial stats when tamed.

Second picture:
Now the good news: it NATURALLY gained 126 stamina (not 125 which is the cap), although Dex is still capped at 125, according to the lore page (left side).
Now the bad news: it only has 120 Dex according to the pet training option menu (right side), even though the animal lore gump (left side) says otherwise. Neither Dex or Stamina have changed anymore over the last hours I played.

To make sure it was not cursed or blessed, I casted 10 times remove curse on it and left it in the stable overnight as well as let it stand next to me for 30 mins. It also died at least 3 times each time after taking picture 1 and picture 2, and no changes.

So why did it NATURALLY raise to 126 stamina - even though it is capped at 125?
And why does it say 125 Dex in the animal lore gump but only 120 Dex in the pet training menu?

Attachments

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is a recently tamed unicorn (1.5 weeks ago), which I bonded a few days ago.

First picture:
Pay attention to Stamina and Dex. It is 101/101, which were the initial stats when tamed.

Second picture:
Now the good news: it NATURALLY gained 126 stamina (not 125 which is the cap), although Dex is still capped at 125, according to the lore page (left side).
Now the bad news: it only has 120 Dex according to the pet training option menu (right side), even though the animal lore gump (left side) says otherwise. Neither Dex or Stamina have changed anymore over the last hours I played.

To make sure it was not cursed or blessed, I casted 10 times remove curse on it and left it in the stable overnight as well as let it stand next to me for 30 mins. It also died at least 3 times each time after taking picture 1 and picture 2, and no changes.

So why did it NATURALLY raise to 126 stamina - even though it is capped at 125?
And why does it say 125 Dex in the animal lore gump but only 120 Dex in the pet training menu?
It says 120 dex in the pet training menu due to how it calculates training points for that stat. Dex is .1 per point, but since UO doesn't really deal with decimals, it rounds down to the nearest whole value. So 125 Dexterity costs 12.5 points, rounded down, makes it 12 points. So the training menu shows this as having 120 Dexterity due to the decimal. It will still cost you 3 points if you were to raise it to 150 (in fact, whether the dex was 120 or 129, it would still cost 3 points to get to 150 due to the decimal).

Why your pet naturally gained to 126 stamina I am not sure. Does it actually show 126 stamina on the lore page, or only in the training menu? Since stamina is 0.5 training per point, 125 and 126 stamina are essentially the same cost, so it is most likely caused by decimal rounding again.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It says 126 stamina in both the animal lore gump and the training menu (picture attached).

Well, good to know that it is due to rounding and not my pet being bugged. I spent 2 days "farming" a high intensity unicorn like that - phew!

Attachments