• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug with Empty Nest portion of new quest

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was doing the empty nest portion of the new quest on three characters. Two no problem but one character it kept saying that he had recently disturbed a nest and had to wait. Did that over and over again. Has that happened to anyone else yet? If so, any way to resolve it? I ultimately dropped that part of the quest and went to try T-Rex. And have not been back to the empty nests. Also, after the other two characters had completed their 5 saves, the counter seemed to start over with one. Of course, I feared the worst and figured I'd have to do the full five again. But when I went to turn in the quest, it was accepted.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Uggh that quest was very annoying, I found that if I walked between ALL the different nests on the beach, one of them would come off of cool down eventually.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uggh that quest was very annoying, I found that if I walked between ALL the different nests on the beach, one of them would come off of cool down eventually.

Hmmm. Did not consciously try to make sure I went to all the nests. And did not have to do that with my other two characters. I would just take turns "activating" a nest on them so they were not on cool down. But the last character just never came off cool down. It seemed to start when one nest started jostling but then it never hatched and then it finally just disappeared. But I hope that the bug is resolved today after I quit the quest. I'll try again this evening.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I'm not sure whether intended or not, but multiple characters do not get credit for the save even if they share equally in killing the poachers. And doesn't matter whether partied or not. It seems that the character who activates the nest is the one who will get credit for the save. I had a non-bugged character activate a nest and had all three poachers killed by my bugged character and the activator received credit. That is how I realized that his counter had gone from 5 saves back to 1. Fortunately, going back to 1 did not mean needing to redo entire five for credit.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do believe the person whom spawns it, gets the credit. Found it best to use a mage/stealther, walk stealthed does not make the poachers spawn, only when the turtle spawns do the poachers spawn.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just calm down, don't run all around, walk off the bridge to the first nest and stop, if nothing shows up in a few seconds slowly walk to next nest, do NOT run around. Kill them right there by the nests. When you disturb the nests it takes several minutes of staying away from the nests to get back to being able to do them again.
Same thing on the second set of poachers with the baby turtle, do NOT move away from the nest that spawned the original set of 3 poachers, wait and just move around within 1 or 2 tiles of that nest and the egg will "jostle" (it may take several seconds for it to jostle but wait), then the next set of poachers will appear with the baby turtle. Kill them, rinse and repeat.
And I repeat, do NOT run around all the nests, it will only make you wait again.
Oh and just FYI, this is on an archer and the first set are somewhat challenging but try to avoid the "archer dance", it will only disturb other nests.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are an ABC archer try using "Dispell Evil" this will cause the poachers to run around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off... then target just one... if the other two return recast the spell...

I find I like my Peace Tamer best. I tried it on a Sampire but anymore since I swish 3 or 4 times in a row now I find it much easier to use the tamer.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been doing this with my bard. I found when the initial three spawn, stay by the nest they're nearest to, kill them then just step a couple of tiles away and back for that egg to jostle. If anyone is actually interested there's a short video on my youtube channel.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found this quest to be extremely easy as a mage. I use a simple tactic for this quest. You will notice the beaches are separated by a small river. I simply walk a distance away from the bridge down one side of the beach. You will notice the 2 beach areas are separated by a small river. As I approach a nest and the poachers appear I teleport across the river to safety. While the poachers ponder how to get to me across the river I summon my EVs and rain meteors down on the poachers on the other side. When the poachers are dead I simply teleport back across and approach the nest again as it begins to jostle. I help the turtle defeat the ambushers with ebolts and watch as it safely burrows into the sand.

The only time I get the "you have recently disturbed the nesting grounds" message is if I accidentally returned to a different nest other than the original nest where I was attacked by poachers. If you return to the original nest it will begin to jostle only after the summoned poachers have been killed. Remember you have to kill the poachers cause they have timers on them. Otherwise they disappear and the original nest disappears also. So its not really a good strategy to just run around to a bunch of nests.