• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug in Roof

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had 2 bosses spawn as we entered the roof last week.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a bug, a few months ago, where my tamer was pulled to the boss right as the boss died....

But instead of being pulled to the dead boss, I ended up ON THE PLATFORM with MINAX and the NEW boss (Juonar, IIRC). I barely made it off the platform alive....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have a problem with it to, three of us did the roof yesterday and no one got a drop, down right shame that you go thru all the rooms only to get nothing for your work from defeating all the bosses on the roof.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem with it to, three of us did the roof yesterday and no one got a drop, down right shame that you go thru all the rooms only to get nothing for your work from defeating all the bosses on the roof.
I'm on 5 runs without a drop at the moment. I'm not that fussed as I've had loads of drops in the past and the loot usually makes up for it. Apart from Exodus there is no other encounter worth doing (for loot) anyway.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on 5 runs without a drop at the moment. I'm not that fussed as I've had loads of drops in the past and the loot usually makes up for it. Apart from Exodus there is no other encounter worth doing (for loot) anyway.
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

Is this issue with the game ever going to be addressed? This vast game and, it seems, everyone has given up on most of the content.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Try going 20 runs and no drop..... That was my worst!

I had a bug, a few months ago, where my tamer was pulled to the boss right as the boss died....

But instead of being pulled to the dead boss, I ended up ON THE PLATFORM with MINAX and the NEW boss (Juonar, IIRC). I barely made it off the platform alive....
That has happened tons of times to me, just run off, you should have plenty of time

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

Is this issue with the game ever going to be addressed? This vast game and, it seems, everyone has given up on most of the content.
They will never ever make the roof, a guaranteed drop, then we would have too many Cameos and arties around and all the effort put into making them new arties will be a waste of time as it will become the norm to have, and no more a high end.....

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I was speaking to the fact that only the Roof and Exodus drop loot that is considered worthy of doing while the rest of the game is rotting. @Kyronix I might have been misunderstood but is there a chance that the current global loot system gets a review and possible bump?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I was speaking to the fact that only the Roof and Exodus drop loot that is considered worthy of doing while the rest of the game is rotting. @Kyronix I might have been misunderstood but is there a chance that the current global loot system gets a review and possible bump?
Oh, I thought you were talking about the dual-spawn in the roof. With regard to your other point, no immediate plans to adjust global loot. There are always going to be areas that "give the best loot" in the game, especially with character development as mature as it is. I suspect (and feel free to correct me) every piece of your suit is maximized to offer you the best viable combination of attributes for your particular template. Anything that drops that won't be considered "garbage" has to dial up the power-creep just ever so slightly. To compensate encounters get more difficult to balance against the increase in player power. Then come those who feel the encounters are too difficult because they don't want to min/max like some others have. I agree there's a vast disparity among the desire to go to many old encounters, but also have to look at it from the perspective of overall game balance. Don't forget we are dealing with 20 years of content - a feat few, if any, other virtual worlds have to contend with.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few of my suits might fit in this area but far from all.

I'm not looking for amazing stuff but currently the roof and exodus are the only spots where you can find the overly heavy modified items, this is a issue to the long term viability of the game I think. I would agree that 20 years of content is an amazing feat, clearly, yet at the same time ignoring all that content just to focus on the last thing the team spent time working on has created a larger misalignment in the game than just gradually improving general content to match the current game(loot wise).

As it stands, I think, the current situation could have a negative impact upon both the current player base(feeling trapped into one of two options to maximize game play time) and a new player( in that quickly they will notice that there are effectively two options to maximize game play time). It is somewhat disheartening for such an amazing world of depth to be lacking "chance", at some point every decent high level encounter should be able to strike all the boxes for a 15 mod item.

I understand that rational thought has to be removed to "believe" in UO but at the same time the thought that a small world, such as UO, only has two monsters which have evolved while the rest of the "world" has been left to the dark ages is a bit odd.

Thank you very much for providing the ability to chat about these issue's regardless of the end I, and others here, really do appreciate it.