• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buddy keys?

• Thread starter Chaucer of TS
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Chaucer of TS

I was curious to see if any buddy keys had been give out for PotBS yet?

If they have, or if anybody know of any other trial available in the US, I was hoping someone might be willing to send me one.

Thanks
Chaucer of TS. :D

D

Dor of Sonoma

I was curious to see if any buddy keys had been give out for PotBS yet?

If they have, or if anybody know of any other trial available in the US, I was hoping someone might be willing to send me one.

Thanks
Chaucer of TS. :D
Greetings, Chaucer. Good to see you here :)

Let me rummage around and see if I've any left - if so, you're welcome to one. On the off chance that I'm out, Rusty had some (new) free trials in the works, that should be unveiled soon(!)

I'll go look now :)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Aight, I found one! Hehe...I changed comps since I got them, so I didn't have high hopes :p

Here's a handy link that you will need: Buddy Key Info
...This information is also available on the Buddy Key claim page:
New Pirates of the Burning Sea accounts only; existing accounts and Station Access accounts excluded from trial offer. The buddy key may only be used once. After the 14-day trial period is over, in order to continue to play Pirates of the Burning Sea, your friend will need to purchase a copy of Pirates of the Burning Sea and and update their Station Account subscription information with a valid credit card or an official SOE Game Card to pay the recurring subscription fee.

Your buddies' trial characters will be available for them to continue their journey using the same Station Account created for the trial.

Entering billing information prior to the conclusion of the 14-day free trial will terminate the free service and your buddy will lose the balance of any unused free play period game time. This offer cannot be combined with any game time included with the purchase of certain versions of, or other offers related to, Pirates of the Burning Sea.
A CAVEAT: Please use the link below for downloading and installation, instead of the one listed in the Buddy Keys! post:

http://launcher.station.sony.com/

It is the Station Launcher (rather than the Launchpad), and will save you hours of frustrating grief. Launchpad is due to be phased out, as it is mind-numbingly s l o w. (24-hour downloads are not uncommon with Launchpad, sorry to say) *twitches*

Meanwhile, please check yer privates :)

C

Chaucer of TS

Thank you so very much Dor. I'm really looking forward to giving PotBS a try.

Can you recommend a server to log onto once I get up and running?

D

Dor of Sonoma

Each server has its drawbacks and/or advantages, depending upon your situation (and which nation you choose to play).

Might I suggest that you consult the 'Sail into IRC' stickied post above, and join us in #burningsea if you can?

*looks around*

I suspect that you'll get a lot more feedback there, than here. ;-)