• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BSC Chefs of Oceania Explore the new orc Dungeon. (Lotsa pics/story)

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was word in town about a new dungeon. One in which the orcs lived and were hiding from these savages in. Being Chefs of the Britannian Society of Chefs we had mostly been exposed to the world of the savages via our lucrative berry paint businesses.

Well, in all fairness we thought it best to check out the new orcish abode from a Chefs perspective. Donning Orc kin masks to our cries of "My Karma my Beautiful Karma!!" we prepared to depart.

Using a rune marked previously by another intrepid explorer we gated in just past the entrance of the 2nd level.

We found an interesting construction.

The flames did the job nicely. One can use this for cooking!

Onwards we journey until a repugnant odour assaulted our nostrils. Yes, we had found the Orcs rubbish tip.

Rapidly abandoning that little alcove...
A most interesting delicacy did await us, following our noses to some rather better smelling area with dried herbs and what not we encountered a Vegetable.... erm.. Corral. Amongst the Corpsers there were mushrooms aplenty. Some were a pleasant surprise!

Across from the 'garden' there was an interesting room. Here were trees that seemed to not require sunlight to flourish!! Fascinating!

Finding a water supply for our flour sacks we moved onward to see if there were any cooking facilities.
Turning down a path we ecountered....

Which of of course of little interest to us, cant cook on armour.... So deeper we moved, finding the domestic digs.

But alas before we could examine further one of those nasty guard doggies chased us off.

Fleeing ever deeper we could feel a growing warmth. Perhaps here was a safer place to cook....

Yess!! Oh my ! Such Ovens! At first sight a Chef's dream come true!! But were they up to the task!??

Oh Rapture!

Yes indeed. One can cook most successfully on these mighty ovens! We baked much bread and even a lovely roast chicken. Alas it was, like so many other ovens, unsuitable for pies.
*sigh*

Having cookened up a storm here we eventually felt it our duty to look further. Not far past the 'ovens' we found a deep dank looking mine shaft. Steeling ourselves we prepared to enter to see what awaited us...

And what mysteries and riches awaited us.

While good Feenary and Doc Brown are primarily Chefs, they are also both tinkers of some repute. This level was obviously designed to satiate their tinkering desires. And with a few good features for chefs as well of course.

Water supplies a plenty. Our pitchers were rapidly refilled!!

Amazed by a simple orcish pulley system Feenary was soon to be intellectually assaulted by the most Amazing Contraption!

The Orc's had really outdone themselves here, despite all their fliping of switches the two tinkering Chefs could not get the thing to operate.

Having examined all the artefacts the two Chefs decided to have a closer look at the hulking Orc Brute.

The two BSC explorers decided to make use of the forge cooking facility on this level, when another Brute appeared.

They were not long alone with the orcs, some brave warriors soon appeared and decided to attack this Brute. We decided to do our duty and provide sustenance to the fighters to keep up their energy levels.

They were a bit busy being chased by orcs for me to present it properly, so I put it where it could be easily gotten

The battle went on for some time. This Brute was precisely that! He THREW other orcs at the warriors!!
Here you can see one in flight!

T'wasnt long before the warriors started falling. Luckily there was someone else on hand to ressurect them.

Things were getting rather intense (all that pesky violence... ugh) and we figured we had best beat a hasty retreat. On the way out there was that damn guard doggie again. I quickly took refuge from him in a cell with Zach the Nobleman who the orcs seemed to have taken prisoner.

We whisked good ol' Zachary out of there and took him to Moonglow to finish the night off by recieving a reward.

Im sure Zachary was very pleased that these two Chefs were here to rescue him.

*grins*/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

[] - [<a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/bsc/>Britannian Society of Chefs]

K

Ketsugi

*grins* That was, by far, a more interesting tale of the orc cave than (dare I say it? *glances around furtively*) FatherGanja's tale on Stratics...

*runs and hides*

<font color=8B7500>"It's amazing how many questions are best answered with the simple and oft-repeated phrase... READ THE FAQ!!"</font color=8B7500>
<font color=000080> — Just about everyone in every Stratics forum</font color=000080>

R

Rotis

LOL! Nice story and that's a NEAT cave...

---

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.zombo.com/>Welcome to Zombocom!</a>

I like waffles.

G

Do brutes spawn orcs or go up to them and throw them?

Markup sucks

G

Grandal Excarl

Most excellent adventure Feenicks! Thank you for sharing the Chef's perspective with us. Hehe, gotta admit from a smith's point of view: Those giant forges are awesome and the SILVER ingots made us drool like vampires on the sight of a virgine's neck.

Too bad those are just another tease and the whole dungeon is not at all mineable. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/sad.gif
Too bad the brute throwing other orcs pictures didn't turn out too good. Didn't see it live, cause when my flamestrike engulfed on the brute and he didn't even have a scratch, we decided to call it a day and left hastily, /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Great job Chefs, great job OSI.
...now about those silver ingots....

<center>Grandal Excarl, Blackmagesmith
United Labour Guild, Oceania</font color=green></center>

G

Skuz glad youz warns Skuz bout mean doggies. Skuz give mean orcs good foods and they no bother Skuz no more. Skuz even make friends with big fuzzy grizzly bears. Skuz talks nice to big fuzzies and gives them food and fuzzies follow and protect Skuz. But mean doggies no like Skuz no maters how nice Skuz talk.

Skuz’d likes to see big ovens for Skuz’s self. When Skuz go, Skuz take lizard horsy. Lizard horsy run fast so Skuz can keeps away from mean doggies. Maybe Skuz be able to takes big oven home with Skuz. Skuz think it look very nice in Skuz’s cooker place.

- Calabar of Catskills
- Vidar Bloodstone of Sonoma
- Ryan Hunter of LS
- Skuz of Napa Valley <font color=006400>Grand Master Chef</font color=006400>

Calabar’s devoted companion,
the elusive Red Toon Dragon of Wind.

P

Puppy

Wow!! What a neat exploration trip, and well told! :) I really, really want one of those big ovens--but where would I put it in my tiny kitchen, I can't even cram a water trough in! :)

Stupid lasers!

A

Aequitas

Wow feenicks that was a great story. And its fun to see a different prospective than a dexxer running through as fast as he can just killing anything that looks like it gives loot /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif... good pics I love those large oven/forges, my smithy would LOVE to have one of them in his house!!!

<center>
<center><font color=red>Behold a pale horse and his name that sat on him was death</font color=red></center> </center><a target="_blank" href=http://www.game-master.net/000326.html>Angel Island</a>

M

Melora

LOL, loved the story Feen! Looks like you and Doc had a wonderful time. I would have been so disillusioned had those great big, glorious ovens not worked hehe.

You know, I think it would be kind of cool to see all upcoming (hopefully) scenarios recorded from a chef's perspective.
::::hint, hint:::::
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
Mel

G

Galavorn

thx alot feenicks u got me playin UO again! *Goes off to his player run shard to work on a new dungeon :)*

Never thought OSI would have so much imagination!

/-\
:N:
:U:
:K:
:E:
:_:

OSI

L

Lady Maetrix Highmoon

<font color=purple>WoW! Very nice. I found reading it most enjoyable.

<center><font color=BF3EFF>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/queen.gifLady Maetrix McShamus Highmoon/php-bin/shared/images/icons/queen.gif
<font color=purple>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gifGrand Instigator of Drunkedness/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif</center>

K

kytola

Bravo! Bravo!

That was great role playing! Even fed the hungry warriors. :p I love it... Did the scenes from this story make you homesick Skuz? hehe

Azonia