• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Broken Recall Boat Runes

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I bought one of the High Seas boats and have been having a blast with it, but today I logged in and placed my boat in the water and went happily on my way to fishing up some MiB's. It was only after I recalled off my boat in the middle of the ocean that I noticed the recall runes weren't the blue that they used to be and instead were uncolored and they wouldn't let me recall off them back to my boat.

I've tried dry docking the boat (after I had a friend sail me back out to it) and relaunching it, but no new runes, nor did the old ones "fix themselves". In what I'm not thinking may have been a huge mistake I discarded the runes and tried relaunching the boat - still no fix.

I've looked around the forums and didn't see anyone discussing this issue - only the one where the fishmonger can't see the boat hold. Did I break my boat or is there a fix for this?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never mind, I figured it out - picked up a new rune from the harbor master

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have magery you can mark runes on your boat as well.
I thought I had tried that and it didn't work. I might be mistaken though, I'll try it again.

From what I was reading it appears that the runes break if you store the ship in a secure container or bank box. Not sure if that's true, but since I've had the ship dry docked and store in a characters backpack it hasn't happened again.