• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Broadband baby!

T

Teeshy

Yeah Baby! Finally! I didn't know internet could MOVE this fast!

I tried to play some UO - How the hell am I going to know if there's something dangerous on the screen? I move so fast!

I'm guessing there's something to do with it being wireless that makes the ping not quite as good as I thought it would be - we're downloading files (literally) 300 times faster than we were before, but my ping to Oce is around 3x better (from 300 to around 100)

So I need to go find somewhere that I could never get to before, and see if I can run away from baddies! =D Want to try SA client too, if I can figure out how to "unblurry" it =D

Woooooo hoooooo! =D

F

Fink

Yeah Baby! Finally! I didn't know internet could MOVE this fast!
Congrats! I wish I could say it guarantees you no lag, but I figure it'll be a while before you even notice it.

Want to try SA client too, if I can figure out how to "unblurry" it =D
The only way I've found to improve on SA's graphics is to dump it and load KR instead, but that's now a dead-end. :( There was a method for resizing the game window to lock the default zoom at a pixel scaling of 1:1, but the workaround no longer works since EA "fixed" the initial problem. I'm not sure if the modders have a solution for it yet. You would think the default pixel scaling would be 100% to begin with, but for some reason we can't access those settings.

T

Teeshy

*grins* Yeah, I know eventually the novelty will wear off, and I'll be complaining that pinging 100 is SO slow etc =P But for now I'm running around feeling like superman! =D

I'm still reading the SA client forum from start to end trying anything I see - the v-synch you mentioned in my other thread helped a lot - I'm thinking maybe if I make the play window a little smaller might help when I am moving around too (cos new monitor makes for really big play window!)

I'll keep twiddling with it, try some of the skins too, see what helps =)

B

Bladron

This forum just went through a timewarp and I'm posting from 2004 again. That's the only logical explanation.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing there's something to do with it being wireless that makes the ping not quite as good as I thought it would be - we're downloading files (literally) 300 times faster than we were before, but my ping to Oce is around 3x better (from 300 to around 100)
That is the wireless alright. 300-100 is a massive improvement, but wait till you get an ADSL or similar (wired) connection. You should get under 50 ping (I get from 15-30ish and I'm almost 1000km away from Syd/Oce) and won't have any packet loss which is often a problem with wireless. If you think you move fast now with wireless, you aint seen nothing yet.

I was on wireless for the last few months while I was moving house, now I have ADSL I would never go back.