• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Britain Municipal Jail

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that Catskills had a jail-like structure tacked on to the watchtower along the southern edge of east Britain...but I honestly don't think it even remotely looks like a city jail. The redecoration looks better as an expansion of the guard outpost watching Brittany Bay.

Anyway, I would like to re-propose the strangely empty serpentine guard structure northeast of the Sweet Dreams Inn.

BritMap.jpg
The entrance to the structure is in the southern part, though that only opens up on a single room...

Here is a basic redesign that doesn't require a map build...

outside.png
This adds doors to the empty hole for security and Chaos banners for Blackthorn just 'cuz.

A door is placed in the NW section of wall and teleports people into the long hallway on the north side of the wall when used (double clicked). A teleport tile hidden by the wall could teleport them back to the south.

At the northern end of the hallway is an empty two-story structure perfect for a few cells - as seen below:

Ground floor:

downstairs.png
Second Floor:

upstairs.png
(The opening for the stairs is hidden by the southern wall)

This gives four cells for use by city government and EM events alike and makes good use of already existing empty space.

What would it take to have this built?

@Kyronix

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that Catskills had a jail-like structure tacked on to the watchtower along the southern edge of east Britain...but I honestly don't think it even remotely looks like a city jail. The redecoration looks better as an expansion of the guard outpost watching Brittany Bay.

Anyway, I would like to re-propose the strangely empty serpentine guard structure northeast of the Sweet Dreams Inn.
The entrance to the structure is in the southern part, though that only opens up on a single room...

Here is a basic redesign that doesn't require a map build...

This adds doors to the empty hole for security and Chaos banners for Blackthorn just 'cuz.

A door is placed in the NW section of wall and teleports people into the long hallway on the north side of the wall when used (double clicked). A teleport tile hidden by the wall could teleport them back to the south.

At the northern end of the hallway is an empty two-story structure perfect for a few cells - as seen below:

Ground floor:

Second Floor:

(The opening for the stairs is hidden by the southern wall)

This gives four cells for use by city government and EM events alike and makes good use of already existing empty space.

What would it take to have this built?

@Kyronix
Coordinate with the EMs on your shard to work out the cost requirements and RP justification. When they pass along the word that is all satisifed, making those additions is relatively easy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Coordinate with the EMs on your shard to work out the cost requirements and RP justification. When they pass along the word that is all satisifed, making those additions is relatively easy.
You do realize any time we have asked for anything the answer has always been NO, sorry can't... I've given a dozen reasons why there is a bridge, ferry, teleport needed to the Yew Far Farm and that has been requested dozens of times... the answer is always NO.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I've suggested it too - in fact, I would have had the bridge do double duty as the docks, instead of adding the monstrosity I see now on LA for Yew Docks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love my City always have since the day I first laid eyes on Yew... I bought a nice little tower there (small 7x7) was my first home... and I fell in love with the city... RP'd searching for a cure to heal the swamp for years... was elated the day they fixed it and returned Yew to it's former beauty...

I couldn't be happier about the Dock and I love it...

What I'd like to see in Yew is a Tavern above the Winery... If you want I'll fix one up as a proposal... asked for one many times... Place to taste wine... sit around have a few drinks and sing some songs tell stories... Yew needs a nice place like that...

And It needs a bridge to the Yew Far Farm... it's VERY obvious that one "should" be there... the roads line up perfectly for it... It just needs built.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some years ago Baja started up a regiment of Town Guards which in short course was recognized by the EM program. It was started by a char named Brackus who was one of the best RP'rs around in my book.
He ended up getting permission to modify the guard shack in Brit and he and I came up with this design that I thought I would share here. I like the fact that it's located right next to the Brit bank so the opportunity for RP is great as that's where people tend to congregate and meet up.
From a design standpoint, going vertical vs. horizontal takes up less of a footprint so it might be more do-able from a Dev point of view but truthfully I know nothing of this. Just a guess.

Just some food for thought.

Guard shack 1st floor.jpg

guard shack 2nd floor.jpg