• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Breaking a soulforge in akeep possible?

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there! I am decorating a guildmates keep for him and ran into a small problem... I can't seem to raise the goza mats after I have placed them and then sit the soulforge on top. I am guessing from some other posts I read that this is because of the roof ( I am trying to place on the second floor) Has anyone experimented with this and found a way to make it work? Thank you so much if you have and are willing to share your secret!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK you have to do this outside or in a custom (removing the ceiling and replacing it later). It's just too tall for breaking indoors. The upside is you can use a soulforge that is placed on the third floor on the first floor and vice versa - so you can place it a few floors above and out of the way (and break it up there), disguise it with some plants or something else, and be able to use it just fine as long as you're in the same x,y coordinate area.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for replying Sarsmi.... I kind figured there wasn't a way to do it but you never know for sure unless you ask!

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, after a ton of headaches, (redeeding all that elven nonsense, locking down granite countertops, having a ton of stuff go into storage crate),,,,
.....I managed to remove tiles from above floor and layed my gozas, raised them, set soulforge, and now I cant see the gozas to lower and break the forge....whats the secret??

I'm not putting my house back until I hear from you guys.....he he he, too much work.

Thnx

A

Ashyn

Well, after a ton of headaches, (redeeding all that elven nonsense, locking down granite countertops, having a ton of stuff go into storage crate),,,,
.....I managed to remove tiles from above floor and layed my gozas, raised them, set soulforge, and now I cant see the gozas to lower and break the forge....whats the secret??

I'm not putting my house back until I hear from you guys.....he he he, too much work.

Thnx
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I use UO Assist to help with the gozas. I record a macro to target the bottom corner goza (south-east) and lower it and just play the macro after I reposition the goza and the item is on top of the gozas.

Edit to add - UO Assist is available at http://www.tugsoft.com/ - best $15.00 you'll ever spend on UO (for anyone new).

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That worked, thank you:gee....dummy here should have thought of that.:gee:

Now comes the fun part of putting alot of stuff back in place......ya know, they really, really, seriously, need to do something about half your stuff going into the moving crate!!:(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, and I know not many of us who deco in the Enhanced Client but, the object handles for goza show up in that client, so if all you have to do is chop goza might be a way to consider going

A

anvira

Does anyone happen to have a screen shot of this 'breaking'. I would love to be able to do this as I don't want to look at the soulforge (I put it on floor 3 for that reason) but still would like to do something else with it.

Thanks!

Oh, btw, sorry for the newb question, but what exactly do you have to do in order to 'break' this and still have it functional? I saw previously that you put goza's underneath, is that all 4 sides?

NM about the breaking. Looked a bit better and found the directions (thanks Sarsmi!)

L

LionUWF

ack, sorry guys eitgher im going daft or its too early in themorning, but where are the instructions for breaking a soulforge?

L

LionUWF

ah no worrys i figured it out, does this work for any multi tile add on?

L

Lord Drakelord

This is ours at our keep roof top. You cannot do the break it trick on any floor below.

L

LionUWF

wait wait wait sorry im a deco newb, ladder trick? 4th floor?

How does this work?

and would it be possible say to put a layer of gozas down quite high that could be climbed onto using a ladder to use as a forth floor?

L

LionUWF

holy ........

that is absolutly unreal....

so you climb the ladder then place the goza? (sorry real deco newb here :( )

L

LionUWF

cant wait to get home now to get on Tc and start playing about

S

Sonoma

The guy that did that is pretty cool, if you PM him he will probably be happy to give you a tour and explain how he did it. I was gonna try to do an entire floor on my 18x18, but it tuned out to be a lot of work. From what he told me a castle took forever. He said he had to do multiple levels in some areas, and he used tables and books to stack stuff on and then placed the gozas on the stacked items. He can explain it better then I can. But yes, it is possible, and it is probably the most amazing deco I have ever seen in/on a castle.

L

LionUWF

agreed :)

okies kewl ill have a play about then give him a shout if i cant figure this out, hell i may give him a shout to say thankyou neways, that is truely amazing

L

Lord Drakelord

holy ........

that is absolutly unreal....

so you climb the ladder then place the goza? (sorry real deco newb here :( )
climb to top of ladder, click on the square and target yourself up on the ladder, then climb down, move the ladder, repeat till you have a goza square area big enough for the forge to fit on. After that it just a matter of lowering the squares till you get the one piece you wish to keep.

A

Aly<3

Yes!
(And, it's easy)
1. place 4x4 goza mats and raise 13 clicks (you can go higher if you like with the use of a ladder)
2. place soulforge deed (NW corner of square goza floor)
3. "break" and lower south-most mat and then pieces of forge (be careful! you can ONLY lower them)
4. sit under your new compact forge and imbue something!

Attachments

S

Sonoma

Yes!
(And, it's easy)
1. place 4x4 goza mats and raise 13 clicks (you can go higher if you like with the use of a ladder)
3. "break" and lower south-most mat and then pieces of forge (be careful! you can ONLY lower them)
Aly i think they were asking if it can be broken "in" a castle or keep, not "on" one. The difference is that many us would like our soul forge to be in our workroom, but not take up all of the space. Like you I have mine placed on the roof, but still hope that one day we will get smaller versions that we can use "in" our houses. Nice design though.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes!
(And, it's easy)
Cute design :D

A

Aly<3

Aly i think they were asking if it can be broken "in" a castle or keep, not "on" one. The difference is that many us would like our soul forge to be in our workroom, but not take up all of the space. Like you I have mine placed on the roof, but still hope that one day we will get smaller versions that we can use "in" our houses. Nice design though.
oo. silly me. well it was one in the morning. now i'm curious, i'll get back to you...
anywhere on the outside hallways would work, though (using sarsumi style goza floors placed with laddders)... next to a corner shop?
:p