• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Bracelet of Binding and Sheaf of Hay

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to see these items around quite often, now there's not a single one on vendor search... what gives?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure about the sheaf of hay, but the bracelets of binding disappeared mostly because not a lot of people use them anymore so there is no reason to sell them anymore either.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
"Hay sheave"s come from looted High Sea NPC ships, iirc.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
They may now, I never really played with that pirate stuff.

I can say they existed before high seas as well. :)
:)

It's been too long now for me to remember exactly, but you'd had some form of hay on your vendor a fest or two ago Assia; I bought one, then went searching to see what I'd bought. There'd only been one page online that I could find with anything about them, and it said that was where they were from. TBH, I've still not gotten around to launching a ship of my own to go check it out. :D

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i imbued a couple braclets of binding for a couple chars ... basic 15/15 with some stats and 20 damage inc.. i use on my samp and archer.. way.more useful when they got some useful stats

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Too many limits on the bracelets, I think. " if you cant cast recall or recall to your target then you cant use it. You also cant use it if they are not on your bracelet slot. The bracelet cannot be used if a player is standing in a player home." [uoguide] Given all of those restrictions, simpler for me to just open a gate and not have to worry about both of my chars having linked bracelets...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

It's been too long now for me to remember exactly, but you'd had some form of hay on your vendor a fest or two ago Assia; I bought one, then went searching to see what I'd bought. There'd only been one page online that I could find with anything about them, and it said that was where they were from. TBH, I've still not gotten around to launching a ship of my own to go check it out. :D

They may have been released again, but I've owned them back about 10 years. If you ever confirm it, please let me know! All my online time as been devoted to the shop and since I don't belong to a guild I pretty much solo play anything else.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've confirmed it was the "hay sheave" I bought. UOGuide has only a comment from someone that they're found on pirate ships; I can't find the site I'd seen back then about them, which was a better reference. ...someday I'll get my pirate on and test it. :D

Bracelets of binding I can normally find, if anyone's still looking. I'm personally still looking for a Greater Bracelet of Binding for my collections though, if anyone has one. :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of bracelets locked down - one is a regular Bracelet of Binding the other looks the same but has an inscription on it (see pic) I assume it was an old (maybe before Trammel as it says RED moongate) newbie starter item. Anyone know more?

Bracelet.png

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've confirmed it was the "hay sheave" I bought. UOGuide has only a comment from someone that they're found on pirate ships; I can't find the site I'd seen back then about them, which was a better reference. ...someday I'll get my pirate on and test it. :D

Bracelets of binding I can normally find, if anyone's still looking. I'm personally still looking for a Greater Bracelet of Binding for my collections though, if anyone has one. :)
I have a Greater Bracelet of Binding on Pacific Shard @brianfreud2
ICQ me and we can chat about pr1ce.