• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bows to Bin or not?

C

Chameleon

Hi, I'm sorting out my bows but am not sure what to keep and what goes into the trash bin.

Any advice?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
depends on the type of bow undead or demon slayers 4 sure keep if the bows are the slower types like heavy 30+ ssi if it has another good mod i would keep like 30+ mana leech also stamina leech is popular any with lightning or fireball of 30+ plus ssi or hld good basicly your top mods are
slayer
SSi
mana leech
stamina leech
hld
hit spell
hci (think the max on this one is 17 not sure though)
if you have a bow that has 3 of these mods at 30+ keep them
the least desired mods usualy are hit area, resist mods,mage weapon (although some people do like this mod but not many) etc
hope this helps

C

Connor_Graham

An easy thing to start with is SSI. Unless it's a magical short or repeater, if the bow doesn't have any SSI most people won't have any interest in it. The only exception that I can think of to this would be Demon or Undead slayers.

Aside from that, storm's info is pretty much on the mark.

C

Chameleon

Thanks to storm and Connor for the advice.

This definitely give me a clearer picture and make the tedious job of sorting the numerous bows easier.

I

imported_GFY

You didn't mention if you looted or made these bows. You could also try to make a better one by enhancing.

C

Chameleon

I looted those bows.

Talking about enhancement, wanted to ask about that too.

What type of wood to use for enhancement?
Where can i get the list of wood properties so that i can choose what to add on to the bows and other wood weapon, armour and shield?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
here is a list of properties for you
material properties
the most popular are ash for the 10 SSI and lower requirements and yew for 5 HCI and 10 DI hope this helps
Snowdog LS shard

C

Chameleon

Thanks! Exactly what i'm looking for!

couldn't find it in uo stratics.