• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bow/Crosbow Whats good?

C

Cazzador

I'm going to be using up a Fletchers kit to Make some bows etc. Any one has any recomendations of what to make for PVP/PVM?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In general SSI for those bows/crossbows. Something in the 30 - 40 ssi, plus if you have GM armlore you should be making mostly exceptional bow with at least 40 DI.

For PVP I like a hit spell, lower defence/lower attack.
For PVM you can keep the hit spell, and leeching bows.

If you make a balanced weap with these mods, even better (if you chug pots or throw stars).

C

Connor_Graham

I'm going to be using up a Fletchers kit to Make some bows etc. Any one has any recomendations of what to make for PVP/PVM?
I'd go with crossbows simply because they have a higher chance at making an exceptional one. 2 things that are must haves for a PvM bow are 30 or higher SSI and Mana Leech. Anything else is just a bonus.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pvp id make composite bows, hope for a 30+ssi one with hld and a hit spell. if its also balanced it will sell for alot.

T

Trinsie

I am not going to tell you what kind to make because I only make Heavy Crossbows with my runics which will never have 100% exceptional chance so is risky. (I only make them because that is what I use, and the best of the best bows go to me).

I am just chiming in here to agree with the others that it needs 30+ SSI. You might find buyers for lower SSI but I wouldn't buy it.

G

GFY

I'm kind of partial to magical short bows and yumis. I like MSB for good firing rate and the lightning special to damage multiple targets. I'm prefer yumi's because they use arrows in stead of bolts. I like hunting for my supplies and I haven't found anything that drops enough bolts to make it worth my while.

Unless your trying to make a certain kind of bow, stick to something you have a preference for.

T

Trinsie

Yumi is pretty nice but they have a large downfall. 90 Skill to make :(

This make crafting one basically runic suicide, in my opinion. If fletching could be scrolled to 120 then it would be different.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so why cant train skill to gm ? and get a good totem??

Yumi is pretty nice but they have a large downfall. 90 Skill to make :(

This make crafting one basically runic suicide, in my opinion. If fletching could be scrolled to 120 then it would be different.

T

Trinsie

When I said it would be ok if we could train to 120, I meant 120+a good totem.

With GM skill you have a 62.5% chance to make a Yumi and a 17.5% chance at exceptional (Which you will really really want). With the best totem possible 30/30 (Which you won't find) You would have a 92.5% chance to make one and a 47.5% chance to make exceptional. That is under perfect conditions you would have less than a 50% at exceptional.

T

Trinsie

Just so you know, making something that isn't 100% chance to exceptional can be frustrating.

Look at this one that didn't exceptional so no 40% DI :(

Gonna have to cry myself to sleep over it tonight.

V

von Beck

I wouldn't sweat over no DI on that bow. Plenty of situations where DI cap can be easily reached.

E.g:Killing barra: EoO, Perfection, Vermin Tali, DI from items, all adds up and makes DI on the bow like "who cares?".

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, my good suit has 94% DI without a weapon in hand, so anything more than 6% DI on a bow is completely wasted on me. It saves me a lot of gold when buying weapons, as most people think that DI is mandatory for a weapon.

If you want to use it, just make sure you have stormgrip, library talisman (or conjurer's), and DI on your ring and bracelet, and you'll be fine. Or use a slayer talisman and EoO and you're at 300% DI (the max) without anything else. My favorite weapon is a crossbow with repond slayer and no other mods. With CW, LS, EoO and a GM suit of armor (no additional DI), I can one hit kill arctic ogre lords every once in a while. The rest take two hits. You can get the same result with that weapon and an ice slayer talisman.