• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bounty Boards

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any issues/comments you have with the bounty boards.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seek for all the sea but there are no pirates at all :/

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heard rumor of someone getting creamed by a dread pirate but alas ive seen none as well

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have accepted a quest to capture or kill a pirate, but no idea how to find him. Any clues? The bulletin board, quest info, as well as clicking the rope and chains all gave no hints on locating the pirate I am after.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe the pirates spawn is disabled?
all i found is a sea serpent and 3 water elemental in the whole sea... maybe into the lost lands?

D

Deb

There are some by Jhelom....was wondering if you can only kill them if
you are on that quest.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is a really bad designed this bounty system.... there are no hints on where start the search of pirates of any sort...
so who designed this think that someone has an entire day to route the entire world for searching around the sea and die of boring in the meantime?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can kill if you arent on quest

use start tracking command to look for boats near you

jhelom is good starting place

need to damage pirate ship until it can no longer move, then you can board it and cast summons on the deck

killed pirate with Crysta and some others after they used cannons to tank the pirate ship but the ship instantly disappeared when the pirate died (couldn't loot) ... BUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you was lucky to find one...
but I think there is the need of some kind of hints which tells the area to start searching like: "saw last time near magicia".

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would like to know if Person A accepts quest to capture Pirate Foul Smelly Yellow Belly, can anyone in party, or any unrelated passerby slaughter him as well? Does Person A not have an instanced chance to find the ship first, or is it a busted quest, and no way of knowing the pirate was already dispatched?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UP THE SPAWN!
id like to see this happen in general.
also fighting pirates is weird. the first one i fought supreem spawned it and i assumed it was invincible by accident.
most orc and pirate boats i find leave the orcs or pirates and some loot and cannons in the ocean and the boat just drifts around, even when there are no people on it. i kinda dont like how the enemy boat has a mind of its own ( being able to move and fire cannons when no one is onboard)
anywho, my cannons never seem to hurt the enemy ship and i can never kill the damn pirates. Last night, after giving up on a pirate floating in the water with two cannons, we found another pirate boat, killed everything on it but the pirate, we called in back up and had a total of three boats on this guy he couldnt move at all. my boat had 10 cannons, the other boats seemed to have a large supply. we blasted this guys boat for like 10 minutes and ran out of cannons, this is point blank range with 10 heavy cannon shot. after wasting all of our ammo the pirate completely disables two of our boats in about 1 minute. and the pirates health never goes down, his regen was to great.

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?
my guess is that the pirate is invincible until you diable his boat, my other guess is that the entire boat it not hitable with cannons, that there is like one precise tile i have to hit. its pure madness, i'll try again later

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've managed to nail a few now.

1) You don't need to be on the quest to find or kill the pirates; I was completing a fishing quest!

2) I was on that pirate boat that vanished; I got teleported to Brit.

3) The pirate him/herself is invincible til you kill the crew and damage the boat enough to board it. Then you can kill or capture them.

Here's a video of one we captured last night, taken by Watchertoo :)

YouTube - tgnultimaonline's Channel

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im just feeling these things are way to strong.
Whats the reward? It better kick ass to spend 30 minutes or more killing one npc human. if its not something awesome, they need to get these pirates down to a realistic human health so small groups of uo players can do these quests and not take a year.
but really tho whats the reward.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I handed my pirate in, I got one piece of 'plan of a ruined ship' orc ship. I don't know what they do, I have piece 7 of 8, if I double click it, it invites me to combine it with another piece.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I handed my pirate in, I got one piece of 'plan of a ruined ship' orc ship. I don't know what they do, I have piece 7 of 8, if I double click it, it invites me to combine it with another piece.
It is my understanding that, once live, you will not be able to purchase the Orc ship, but will have to quest for it. I would appear that there is a collection of pieces needed to "unlock" the Orc ship.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is my understanding that, once live, you will not be able to purchase the Orc ship, but will have to quest for it. I would appear that there is a collection of pieces needed to "unlock" the Orc ship.
It seems that way.

I hope thats not all your gona get and its not to rare as all i see in the reward gump is a measly 1000gp!!! So when everyone has done it to get a ship the quest will go dead as no one will bother spending an hour or two for 1000gp.

Thunderz

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3) The pirate him/herself is invincible til you kill the crew and damage the boat enough to board it. Then you can kill or capture them.
When you tank the boat, the pirate becomes much easier to kill. But before that, they aren't quite invincible, just their HPR and resists are crazy. Comparable to maybe Sudiva.

Whats the reward? It better kick ass to spend 30 minutes or more killing one npc human.
The debate is what should be encouraged, killing a pirate, or bringing a pirate to justice? This debate is why the developers have made the challenge, I believe. I think the quest reward should be better if the pirate is alive.

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was sailing around with some friends, and i heard rumors about pirates located Southeast of Jhelom. (Rumors on the forums not any clues in game) so we went to investigate. We found a few pirates and and we had a hard time stopping them from getting away so we can use our cannons. We took a break and sailed on 3 boats to scout for more pirates. We eventually found a "pirate not in a boat." He fell off his boat. Where his ship and none of his crew were around. So i got my super slow rowboat and got him out of the water. So here is a EVIL pirate we caught on our rowboat but couldn't tie him up. He was super tough and when i was finally about to shoot him with my cannon he disappeared. lol

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I subdued and roped a Dread Pirate (which took forever because they seem to have around 50 HPR), he appeared on my ship, but then when I went to hand him in when I crossed the server line he vanished... I didn't get credit for the capture when I got back.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Oh and an idea I had,

When I boarded the pirate ship there were 3 containers on board not including the hold, containing 900 ear of corn, 400 iron ingots and another 900 ear of corn respectively.

Given what it takes to subdue and board perhaps these containers could give either some of the resources required for crafting the consumables for firing canons, or the end products, or leather/wood/ingots for repairs.

I also think the Firebombs from liquor+oil cloth should be useable to throw at the ships sail to speed up the subduing process.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense to crafters but I'd sign up for any way to make the process of stocking cannons faster, haha.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was kinda hopeful that powder, charges, cannonballs might be available on a pirate ship's loot table in limited quantity. It would help.

Bottles of rum, and maybe weaponry would be good. Can we put powder in kegs please?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was kinda hopeful that powder, charges, cannonballs might be available on a pirate ship's loot table in limited quantity. It would help.

Bottles of rum, and maybe weaponry would be good. Can we put powder in kegs please?
The only problem with putting rum and such I guess would be for PR purposes, but I'd like to see some rum as well. Ah, Pirates of the Caribbean, haha.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well is we were to do PotC style then the bottles of rum would have to be empty wouldn't they?

Why IS the rum always gone anywho?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you tank the boat, the pirate becomes much easier to kill. But before that, they aren't quite invincible, just their HPR and resists are crazy. Comparable to maybe Sudiva.

Whats the reward? It better kick ass to spend 30 minutes or more killing one npc human.
The debate is what should be encouraged, killing a pirate, or bringing a pirate to justice? This debate is why the developers have made the challenge, I believe. I think the quest reward should be better if the pirate is alive.
You have gained in Compassion

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soooo, we go off to do a bit of testing on the pirate capture rewards. All goes well, we get the pirate. As usual, we're heavily damaged, so we put in at the little un named island east of Jhelom to repair. Busy fixing the ship, laughing at the new pirate dialogue (like that, btw, guys, really cool, esp the 'helper' bit!) and all of a sudden, poof, gone, pirate escaped. No message to say she was workin' loose or anything. Just ... gone. Now it's either intended or a bug. If it's a bug, consider this a report. If it's a time limit and intended, please extend it!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the pirate system is a teeny bit messed up. We found a pirate ship, killed the crew and began to knock the ship down so we could board and capture the pirate. We did no damage to the ship, with three heavy cannon on her, and, bizarrely, she did no damage to us. So we moved off and found another pirate ship. Half the crew and the pirate had come off the ship, as well as a couple of cannon. We've killed all the crew and the pirate is currently on the deck of my friends ship, with the whole crazy HPR thing going on because we can't knock down that ship with the cannon either!

V

Voodoo990

Found most of the pirates today standing around in the water with out their ships, then found the ships sailing around without its crews.

Found one dread pirate standing in the water, ran him over with our boat, he pop'd up on our deck, fought him for awhile and right when his health bar was low enough to try binding him pooof he was gone. At which point we could no longer do any damage to any other ship nor did any other ship do damage to us.