• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bosses or Good Places to Solo/dbl client?

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I have been back for a lil while now. I have a few (ok LOTS) pets trained up and after trying to do a few things I used to do,one thing has come to mind.Things are much harder now! Mel and Grizzle for example.... Grizzle used to be so easy with my 2 tamers. (I Guess by solo, i mean 2 accounts) Now he seems near impossible. Mel was always somewhat of a challenge but now I get my clock cleaned in short order. I know there was a monster revamp while I was away. So now I wonder.... is there anything 2 accounts can "solo"? What do you guys do when nothing else is happening?

I have been gettin in on Krampus and want to join in on Roof/Shrines and whatnot. But what is your go-to when its just you and your alts? I really miss duo`in stuff like a Mel run or even Grizzle,now I feel kinda lost in that regard.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady M should be pretty doable with 2 well trained pets and the right tamer template.

A couple tips...
-Use honor to lure her away from her 4 satyr guardians (unless you’re chaining her there really isn’t a need to kill them).
-Have discord in your arsenal, either on a pet or a character.
-Keep your characters at max distance for healing to avoid getting retargeted.
-Have a plan to kill the midpoint satyr without pulling pets off Lady M... mage weapons, fire horns, spell weaving, etc.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was replying with a question but it just dawned on to me.... I was getting ganked by necro pets.... from dead satyrs....duh.. *smacks forehead*. So between those 3 reanimateds a revanant and mel..... I see the error of my ways.( I was thinking they added more spawn or something lol) Need to keep the bodies way up top and lure mel away from those... Thanks for the Tips and thanks for the knowledge that Mel IS in fact doable.....will try to get my system down. Will be a fun accomplishment.

For Grizzle.... does he just randomly change targets or just if ya step in the goo? I couldn`t find any safe place to vet(like before),honestly haven`t gone back to try if just castin from max distance would be sufficient or if he still retargets. Might have to go try him again tomorrow morning.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Grizzle have learned spellweaving and casts the fire area thing and that have made all healing with bandies in there obsolete. You need to heal from distance, its doable but a lot more job then before.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Consume Damage is your friend in there... also if you use a nice Hiryu for Grizzle you can actually stand at it's tail and heal it. Just saying.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im using spellw, archer, paladin, tamer with 4/6 and Mel is doable solo same as Grizzle (with reasonable times) - disco Cu will do the trick but ive manage to do it even with lifesteal Ossein Ram

The real problems are dryads - use honor or lure one by one with bow and invis potions or explo+flame combo with fey slayer book

I think with dual you can do 99% of the content alone you just need to use some "tactics" or so..

Happy hunting!!

Turkish

Journeyman
I do Dreadhorn with 2 accounts fairly often. The harder part is getting all of the keys. I choose 2 pets that have a high survival rate (poison immunity) as opposed to high damage rate, so it takes a bit longer than normal but less effort to keep pets and yourself alive.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you have eodon I recommend the roof. While it's easier with samp and tamer two tamer combo is fun.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Right on. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have done Grizzle with ease now. Tried Dreadhorn but gettin the keys is kind of a drag. Haven`t been back to Mel yet but its in my thoughts for a rainy day. Pretty sure I will do better this time around. I am going to try the roof next i think. I have to do some googling to see if I first need to start a quest or exactly how all things shadowguard works. Have also been thinkin bout learning.....captains is it? Minax stuff? Even knocked down a couple champs and got some pet scrolls. Soooooooooo hard getting through the first wave (killing enough,fast enough) but after thats its pretty straight forward. Than theres T-Rex......nope! not ready for him yet. :stretcher:

I should mention that since my first post I went from 89 to 120 tame/lore. So now consume is VERY nice indeed! Not to mention the freedom with jewelry.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the first wave (killing enough,fast enough) but after thats its pretty straight forward. Than theres T-Rex......nope! not ready for him yet. :stretcher:
The T-Rex can be double cliented, but it's difficult due to his Stun+Target Switch. I've killed him before with my Disco/Tamer using a 100% Energy Platinum Drake with Chiv+AI, and my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © with his Disco+CB Triton. The Energy Drake tanks the T-Rex with Consume Damage running, and the Triton debuffs and attacks him while my DR Tamer/Mage © runs Death Ray on him (the T-Rex is not vulnerable to either Dinosaur Slayer nor Reptile Slayer unfortunately...). The T-Rex will occasionally Stun one of the Tamers from afar, and target them, you need to be quick with an invis from the other Tamer when that happens.

One creature that has absolutely no problem tanking the T-Rex, is a Saurosaurus with 85 Physical Resist and Consume Damage. Those things are godly Tanks when you get one with 85 Physical/90 Fire, most Dragon types can't even scratch them then (including the Stygian Dragon and Rikktor). Not to mention they have Life Leech, and so heal themselves through their damage output (although they don't do much damage due to being loaded with other crap abilities). Only creature i've found that can even half decently tank the Slasher of Veils.

Last edited: