• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boss Encounter - Corgul

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have regarding Corgul and the island encounter

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a guess, but is Corgul not working? Doesn't seem to want my sacrfice of maps or is there something else I must do?

M

MudFace

Just a guess, but is Corgul not working? Doesn't seem to want my sacrfice of maps or is there something else I must do?
Same =/ it kept saying I must wait a few minutes before I could sacrifice an item ><

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shrine will not accept a sacrifice while the island is in the process of sinking, or 15 minutes before the island will sink.

I was able to sacrifice successfully at about 9:30 pm eastern.

N

Nastia Cross

Ok so due to the new boats not allowing people to enter gates from them without the people being "accessed" to the boat or whatever, we couldn't find our map and it poofed. We've been waiting 40 minutes for it to reset. Two suggestions:

1- if the map poofs with no one on the island, the boss should immediately reset
2- the crystal brazier should be different colors when an encounter is active and when a map can be sacrificed.

N

Nastia Cross

Ok so Necro and I on our whammy templates attempted Corgul while Logrus watched awhile. Let's just say that our whammies failed due to the "tainted life" or whatever it was called. This boss has several powerful attacks. We then tried to switch to mystic dexxers and xheal each other. That was fail as well. This seems to certainly be more than a 2-person encounter so kudos for that. Necro says "about time you guys made a boss that Conker (his whammy) can't kill." So we're pretty happy about the difficulty and we'll be back again tomorrow hopefully with reinforcements to take that guy down.

For the record, with honor, enemy of one, consecrate wep, armor ignores were only doing about 30 damage.

The surrounding spawn can be cleared with ease by our whammy templates but are pretty useless against Corgul himself.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that he's been defeated.

Too Easy? Too Hard? Comments, Complaints or Recommendations.

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was getting ready to go get a Corgul map...so i cast "Invisibilty" at the Corgul island blazier in Covetous. Targetted my world map and another map. But because i was invisible i couldn't sacrifice my blood to the blazier. I lost the map and world map and had to get a new one. Bummer if you only got one map. lol

D

DOTCOM

Took us a while to figure this thing out, but we used three greater dgagons,two mystic/necro mages,bushido chiv archer (honor,enemy of one) and a discorder. Trick is to stay right on top of him, he will always tele back to his original spot. Get him discorded,honored and let mystics heal and corpse skin. Took us around an 45 minutes to take him down. GOOD LUCK!! Almost forgot seems like repond slayer does the best!!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Complaint of mine. Turn him into an instance.

A group and myself went looking for him the other day and found another group already fighting him when we got there.

Please fix this. Otherwise I can see ALOT of griefing happening.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When fighting against Corgul when he cast the huge explosion the EC client is having a hard time. The client slows down very very badly.Can't move or anything untill the explosion clears away.​

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow that splosion looks cool.
weve tried him twice now, once with our standard tamers/mages/mystics and of course that was a bust. Then we went with a tamer and archers, again very very little damage. How much skill for a disco to work on him? mines only at 105 disco (30jewels) and 120 music so doubt i can get a disco off on him. we tried draggin to the boat for cannon shots as well, didnt seem too effective especially since hed tele home and regen up all the dmg we had done. Will try a disco with archers n tamers on top of his spawn and hopefully find success.