• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Bookcases need love too!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix, I love the new book gump - it's a huge improvement over the existing gumps.

However, before this publish goes live, could you please consider a little look at the gump for bookcases and bookshelves? It's been asked for several times in other places, but I've not seen a response. They're the largest containers in the game, and are perfect for libraries. Yet they have such a small area in the actual gump, they're unusable, unless you nest other containers inside, which kind of kills the point.

My own library, very much a work in progress: library.png

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, I love to new book gump - it's a huge improvement over the existing gumps.

However, before this publish goes live, could you please consider a little look at the gump for bookcases and bookshelves? It's been asked for several times in other places, but I've not seen a response. They're the largest containers in the game, and are perfect for libraries. Yet they have such a small area in the actual gump, they're unusable, unless you nest other containers inside, which kind of kills the point.

My own library, very much a work in progress: View attachment 22990
Noted.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Any chance old books will get the new book interface? Right now, there are a bug with books. If I place a guest book and both EC and CC write in it, the book get messed up. The new interface looks great so if it also can work for both clients, also when you inset with CTRL V.
An other wish to books, would it ever be possible to copy from the book to windows clipboard?

Chaoticmass

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If they cant copy books to the clipboard due to some technical reason maybe they could have an option to dump the book contents to the journal, which can then be saved/exported as a journal log file.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If they cant copy books to the clipboard due to some technical reason maybe they could have an option to dump the book contents to the journal, which can then be saved/exported as a journal log file.
I see one issue here, some may write books, they don't want others to export from the game.