• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Book of primary master

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember how to use it. I bought one for a tamer and it was the 3rd volume but by clicking on it it disappeared with a writing that I don't remember but it said more or less that I had absorbed the skill (or something similar, I don't understand English well) and now I do not know what to do. How to use? I would need an explanation or some links to consult. I have characters a few years old who have used it and I find that book in their backpack. For both Magery and Taming. Obviously I don't remember how I did it :(
Thank you!!

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will need to get a book of masteries in order to use the taming mastery. Book of masteries can be obtained in a couple of ways.

To obtain a Book of Masteries complete the quest given by Hawkwind the Timelord near the Valley of Eodon moongate. He tasks you with defeating a certain Peerless or Champion Spawn. Bards can also obtain a book through the older spellsong quests.

Use a Contextual Menu on the Book of Masteries to open the menu to set your skill mastery. You can only set it once every 15 minutes.

If you have a bard the spellsong quests are the easiest way. Might also check vendor search and see if anyone is selling a book of masteries.
Hope that helps!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have already bought 3 volumes of the book primer of taming but when I clicked on the books they disappears. They were all 3 of the 3rd level and I used all 3 and all 3 disappeared :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They disappeared because you ate them.

Right click or left click the book to bring up the menu to change masteries.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The book of masteries is not the same as the primer you ate. It is a different book that lets you toggle between different masteries you have eaten. It looks like this.
Book of Masteries
Mastery spellbook.gif

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
some people just need to be shown how use Google.
like my kids for example.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some people just need to be shown how use Google.
like my kids for example.
You're right but I know little English and I can never find the guides I need. This is why I ask for help here. It's not that I don't feel like doing things, I can't. Sorry, don't think I'm happy to always play the part of the slacker :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only found the Primer of Animal taming Mastery. I don't know where to find the Book of Mastery. Do I buy or do I have to do a quest? Sorry but I can't find a guide that explains what to do :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Instead of being mean and condescending, you can offer some help.

Visual things work better than trying to explain to someone who doesn't understand English well.

Ivory, Single left click on your mastery book, it will say SWITCH MASTERY

1701639000563.png

That will open up a gump
1701639032125.png

Click on Animal Taming, that will activate the mastery books that you ate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bed. But I didn't understand what quest I have to do to have the animal taming skill. In the guide it only talks about how to get it for a bard and not for a tamer. Or did I not understand?
You can get the book from the bard quest. Or get it from the Hawkwind quest.

Vendor search is much faster.

You can even use a book from your other characters.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You already used the primers Ivory, all you need is the Main Mastery book like the one I posted in the picture.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two parts to masteries, one part is the 'primer', which you have read, the other is the book, in which all the primers you have read are listed (the other picture Larisa has posted.
To switch between one primer and another you need the mastery book. The easiest way to get that book is from a bard, because their quests are really easy, and because bard masteries came first, they have no primers to get.
The book looks like the picture Larisa posted. If you don't have one you can often buy them on vendor search, but if you're still on Europa I will give you one.
And via google translate into Italian:

Ci sono due parti nelle maestrie, una parte è il "primer", che hai letto, l'altra è il libro, in cui sono elencati tutti i primer che hai letto (l'altra foto ha pubblicato Larisa.

Per passare da un primer all'altro è necessario il mastery book. Il modo più semplice per ottenere quel libro è da un bardo, perché le loro missioni sono davvero facili e, poiché le maestrie dei bardi venivano prima, non hanno manuali da ottenere.

Il libro assomiglia alla foto pubblicata da Larisa. Se non ne hai uno puoi spesso acquistarli tramite la ricerca del fornitore, ma se sei ancora su Europa te ne darò uno.

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing Catskills for about 2 months, with very old characters who have a lot of skills. I've been playing Europa for 15 years and I've forgotten all these things now. That's why it seems like I'm asking for new player stuff! I found the primer book of mastery, even if I then 'ate' it :) Tonight I'm doing the bard quest (my tamer is also a bard) and I hope to find the Book of masteries. Always kind as usual, and always ready to help me. Thank you Petra Fyde!!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done. I'm only sorry that I had already bought and eaten 1 primer of Mastery of animal taming to get the third level but I had to buy another one. But now I never forget how to do it! Thank you all!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Instead of being mean and condescending, you can offer some help.
No.
I have to take out all the stress I absorb at work all day on some random person on the internet or I'll simply explode.
I don't make the rules, that is just how it works.
That reminds me, your breath stinks and you are cross-eyed, again, sorry but it's the rules.