• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Book of master

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resolved. Noone has says to me that between a change and another must be 10 minutes

Now there is a good problem. I'v e made the Bard quest wIth all my char that HAVE peacemaking. I obtain the book. All char have made the own quest. I added taming and all the books don.t work at all. In every book i can't choose the skill also peacemaking.
All say that " you are not the correect path for using this mastery ability"
If i open the books no skill is turned on and i can't do this with clicking on the book to change ability. Thay are all bugged? Why?

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you have a bard, you can do the peace or disco mastery quests over and over again.
Takes 1 minute or so to get one doing the peace mastery quest.

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Books are sometimes sold by players. Easiest way is in a bard doing peace mastery quest from brit conservatory. Peace 5 mongbats

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have already the book for peacemaking. Now i need the book for taming. I've seen all vendors of Atlantic but no book selling. Only primer of taming mastery..And I don't knoow how to make a search. It's a lot of time that I've not been playing and I found many many things changed. Please help me.Thanks for the patience

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You don't need another book, just single click the one you have and change to taming. In EC, it might be a right, not sure as I'm not on my PC at this time.

The book of masteries covers every mastery in game.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You use the same book for all the masteries. Once you have eaten a taming primer, single click the mastery book and select change mastery... then pick taming.

Fire Warrior

Adventurer
There is a difference between a 'Primer' for a mastery and a 'Book of Masteries'. The later is what you need. You can get infinite numbers of them from the 'spellsong' quests.

Here are the links to the relevant information:

Wielding the Sonic Blade - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

The Beacon of Harmony - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Indoctrination of a Battle Rouser - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Although the rewards for these quests say 'Book of Bard Masteries'. In fact its a book of ALL masteries. That said you will still need the various levels (1-3) of primers for each skill, PER CHARACTER.

to actually use them. The exception are the bard masteries themselves - which you get level 3 - for free for each quest/skill you complete above. Once you have a book, you can single click it in your pack (I do not have the EC, I use the CC client) and a context menu will show up that says 'Switch Mastery'. You can use this to switch the mastery on your character to ANY for which you have consumed a mastery PRIMER (for a specific skill, say Swordsmanship mastery for example, lets say level 2).

There is a 10 minute timer to switch masteries. So if you switch your mastery to say , Magery Mastery. You will have to wait 10 minutes before you can switch the mastery to something else. Once you have selected a mastery, double click the mastery book and you will notice the appropriate abilities/spells for that mastery show up in the right side of the book on the page it opens to. You can just drag the icons out onto your interface and you are ready to go.

In the CC you can even make macros to activate the different abilities (active or toggle ones).
I'm sure the EC can do the same. I should post some pics from but I may do that later.

You can do these quests over and over again so you only need one character to do these quests several times and then you will have more than enough books for your entire account, easily. Also these quests are EASY. Hopefully this cleared it all up.

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a old book of masteries. This was for peacemaking. But it doesn't work. I can't use no abilities for barding and i've used primer animal taming but it says"you have already learned that level of animal traming maeteries." but I've used Primer animal taming lll.
What can oi do? The book of masteries is account bonded or char bonded?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a old book of masteries. This was for peacemaking. But it doesn't work. I can't use no abilities for barding and i've used primer animal taming but it says"you have already learned that level of animal traming maeteries." but I've used Primer animal taming lll.
If it is a really old book do the quest again throw that book away and you'll be fine. Old Masteries books can sometimes be bugged and need to be replaced with new ones... just redo the quest and use the new book throw that old one away.

Fire Warrior

Adventurer

That isn't a problem. Just do one of the quests again and get a new book like the other poster suggests - OLD books may not work because they were changed with one of the recent publishes - fortunately new books are EASY to get - No it DOES NOT MATTER if it says peacemaking or discord or whatever on that book at first - that label will disappear as soon as you switch masteries on that book and it will say a book of masteries instead of the peacemaking label etc. You have to switch the mastery to animal taming via the context menu. Click the MASTERY BOOK one time to bring up the menu, 'switch mastery' it should say.

Click it, and select Animal Taming from the list. It should switch. Once you see that in your journal. Now double click the book and the taming masteries should show up. You can now DRAG the mastery icons out of the book and start using them. If you already CONSUMED a level 3 mastery, you are all set regardless of if it shows or not. No more primers are needed. Then just DOUBLE CLICK the masteries book, and the taming abilities should show up immediately - and in your case at full level 3 strength. You'll also notice that the passive ability 'Boarding' should already show up under the buffs and debuffs section.

Finally, when you switch, the menu will say Animal Taming - Level 3 (in your case). So it should be straight forward once you find the right menu and have a working book.

Last edited:

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Had herproblem with a book just l ike she has even when my book change it was still only 6 spell so i placed on ground still didnt change so i did new peacing quest got new nbook then i had book with 45 spells old book never changed still 6 spells

ll

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all. I've resolved my problem. I've made the quest of barding and now i have a new book that works well.
Thanks for the patience :)

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
have a char with same book it switched over automatically(yours may be bugged though so you might have ti get another)
to use: double left click on book and this will open book. on the left side will be a list of all mastery's(you can scroll up and down from bar near center) and on the right side your active(the one you are currently using) mastery
right click(single click) on book and this will bring up small rectangle box that says "switch mastery"
left click(single click) inside box with switch mastery and this will bring up a page on your screen that will list the mastery's that you have and the tier(1-3), although all bard mastery's automatically get all 3 tiers
click the arrow in box(next to the mastery name) to switch to that mastery
now you can go back and double left click on book and click on active mastery ability(right side) you wish to use(you can also drag them down to hot bar for easy access)
note that you still have to select the passive ability for it to be in affect, and i am not sure but you may have to reactivate ability from hot bar on death and rez
the ability will show an icon on same place(bar) as protection spell, as well as information when you take your cursor over it.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You use the same book for all the masteries. Once you have eaten a taming primer, single click the mastery book and select change mastery... then pick taming.

well, it is my problem. I have all the skill at 120 real,. Every char have made the quest of britain for peacemaking and i obtein the book. If i add a skill i can.'t swich from a skill to another. All skills seems enabled.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have a char with same book it switched over automatically(yours may be bugged though so you might have ti get another)
to use: double left click on book and this will open book. on the left side will be a list of all mastery's(you can scroll up and down from bar near center) and on the right side your active(the one you are currently using) mastery
right click(single click) on book and this will bring up small rectangle box that says "switch mastery"
left click(single click) inside box with switch mastery and this will bring up a page on your screen that will list the mastery's that you have and the tier(1-3), although all bard mastery's automatically get all 3 tiers
click the arrow in box(next to the mastery name) to switch to that mastery
now you can go back and double left click on book and click on active mastery ability(right side) you wish to use(you can also drag them down to hot bar for easy access)
note that you still have to select the passive ability for it to be in affect, and i am not sure but you may have to reactivate ability from hot bar on death and rez
the ability will show an icon on same place(bar) as protection spell, as well as information when you take your cursor over it.
I have made all you say. The difference is that i used a primer mastery skill directly to primer III. But also my bard that has 120 in peacemaking can't use it . I have a mage tamer. Primer peacemaking III and primer taming III. I can't swich from peacemaking to tamimg . I i try to swich all the skills into te books seems blocked.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Primers are character bound, the don't actually go in the book. The book only allows you to access them. So your tamer has to use the taming primer.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have made all you say. The difference is that i used a primer mastery skill directly to primer III. But also my bard that has 120 in peacemaking can't use it . I have a mage tamer. Primer peacemaking III and primer taming III. I can't swich from peacemaking to tamimg . I i try to swich all the skills into te books seems blocked.
Right click and select change mastery. Did you stone off or change any skills below 90? You're 100% positive you completed the Peacemaking mastery quest?

Also, be aware there is a cool down between changing masteries. If you tried to change them one after another, you will have to wait for the cool down timer to pass.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The primer's and bard quest's are bound to each Character. Every character can only use the mastery's that they did quest for or used primer for. also the switch mastery timer is for in game time i believe, meaning that char has to be logged in to the game for 10 minutes before switching, in order to switch again. do your Characters all have their own mastery book, or are you switching books between characters, the reason I am asking is that I have noticed is that this seems to cause the switch mastery to screw up for abit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the book on the toon that ate the taming mastery. Then Left Click the book.

upload_2017-8-3_15-30-59.png

And click to switch.

upload_2017-8-3_15-31-37.png

After that you can use the squares..

upload_2017-8-3_15-32-44.png

Attachments