• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Arms Lore] Bonus resist question...

• Thread starter Beleth of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Beleth of Atlantic

Plate leggings have 5/3/2/3/2 base resists.

With armslore, is it possible to craft the leggings with 21 physical resist using iron ingots? I need to enhance them afterwards with dull copper to hit 27 physical resist.

I just want to know if it is possible before I waste my time playing the random number generator lottery.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but you can imbue a pair of legs that are pretty close. I was lucky they imbued and enhanced without a break and didn't even use a +60 hammer...forgot. If you want them and are on pacific I will give them to ya for 10 boura pelts.

Thinking about this a little further you would actually want to get an armor piece with the lowest physical that you could get and in this case it would be 5. That keeps all the other resists high and hopefully you get one or two others that are really high. This would maximize the resists across the piece and maybe then you would only do one more imbue and have four high resists.

In conclusion, you should do the exact opposite of what you were trying to do. There is a big assumption here that you were ok with the first imbue. I think the answer is yes because I have seen a pair that was really high like 17-18, but I doubt you would get one like you want in 100's of thousands of ingots.

-Lorax

Attachments

B

Beleth of Atlantic

The issue is the legs in the end will be:

20 LRC, 8 LMC, 2 MR, Mage Armor then the resists.

I can only boost one resist by 7 due to left over intensities.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue is the legs in the end will be:

20 LRC, 8 LMC, 2 MR, Mage Armor then the resists.

I can only boost one resist by 7 due to left over intensities.
How about spined leather leggings, which gives 5 to physical for a total of 22 Physical imbue then enhance?

Some additional items to give physical, The Robe Of Britannia Ari [replica] +10 physical, or cloak +3 physical. There may be other additional items to boost physical.

-Lorax

C

Capt.E

Phys earring +2

It doesn't matter what you start with, when you imbue something it goes to the cap, it does not add to the current amount. So ideally, you want 2 really high elemental resists and then imbue phys on. I would also recommend leather and enhancing with spined. As Mage armor takes away an imbue slot, and the extra resists you are gaining are not worth losing a slot for. You can imbue basically +15 to any piece. The difference in base pieces would have to be at least this value to make making it Mage armor worthwhile.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it is possible. Thought is is not very likely and so rare that you probably wont reach it.
With armslore + exceptional you get 20 bonus resists that are randomly distributed among the 5 base resists. You want 16 of them to go into one single resist ....
Even, if you would be lucky enough to reach 21 phys on except iron legs your chance to break them on enhancing would be very high.
If you havent spend enough gold/resources on your legs up to this point, you have to consider that dull copper also enhances lower requirements. Which simply menas you have to pof an imbue your legs before you try to enhance them. Otherwise one imbue slot would be blocked by lower reqs.

C

Capt.E

Yes, well you get +15 on leather. So the difference is +5 and that is not +15 which is the maximum amount you can get from having an open slot.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

This is for a roleplay character and I am maintaining his tank mage template and full plate+bone helm look which is the reason for this. The legs need to be enhanced with dull copper after the fact to add lower requirements or they fall off when cursed.

As it stands I have the suit done with:

120 Mage/120 Med/120 Eval/120 Resist/120 Sword/120 Tactics

70/69/70/67/70

91 STR/90 DEX/90 INT/2 FC/6 FCR/40 LMC/100 LRC/35 HCI/30 DCI/12 SDI/20 DI/8 MR/10 HPI

All before adding in weapon or shield.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it would be painful to do alone. I would take 200k ingots and hand them out to 10 friends and pay them to try it on their 20k ingots.

Or, I would create a contest with a prize of 10 Million gold for the first pair that someone makes for you. Then you get blacksmiths trying for the 10 mill and you just have to wait for the payout.

-Lorax