• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] bone machete recipe - Jamal's quest question

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This past weekend my legendary smith did the Jamal/Iosep quest to get the bone machete recipe. He completed the Iosep portion and returned to Jamal with the sealed notes from Iosep. When my smith talked to Jamal I got the quest music and accepted the next stage of the quest to get the tainted water from the Grove. At that point I figured I would have the machete recipe. Nope. Instead I noticed in my journal an entry something like, "You try to grasp the recipe for the bone machete but it slips from your fingers."

Here's my question: do I need to get the corrupted water samples before I learn the recipe? If so, my only option would be to buy a bone machete from someone to get in to the Grove to complete the quest. Right?

Thanks for the help.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you check your smithy menu? Iirc you didnt get the acutal recipe, it just unlocks in the smithy menu.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you check your smithy menu? Iirc you didnt get the acutal recipe, it just unlocks in the smithy menu.
Doh! I never did check the crafting gump. I'll check next time I'm in game. I figured from the journal entry that my smith didn't learn the recipe.

Thanks Kas!

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to update, last night I tried and was able to make a bone machete with my smith. So he did in fact get the recipe from Jamal, even though Jamal's words made it sound otherwise.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It doesn't work that way...

The "recipe" isn't a scroll like all the other recipes - it's activated directly into the character that does the quest - so you HAVE to do the quest on your crafter.

S

Sevin0oo0

I saw one of these while I was out shopping, been a long time since I've done it.
Thought I'd make a dollar and get a few, what a waste of time.
this was on Sonoma..

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. It is one of the funnier things about t-hunting. That you can get recipes that were never available in the first place as a recipe. Like the bone machete or the stone anvil (east)