• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Bolas

• Thread starter Always a Ghost
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Always a Ghost

The throwing skill should include bolas. A bola is an automatic dismount, where as an archer when trying to dismount can miss, also the targets DCI comes into play with an archer.

Make the throwing skill usefull, say the higher the skill the longer a person is dismounted by a bola. These should in now way be "automatic"

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They aren't automatic, there is a three second delay and you have to be on screen and mounted when the timer is up.

A

Always a Ghost

They aren't automatic, there is a three second delay and you have to be on screen and mounted when the timer is up.

Yes I know this but do they ever miss??? And a 3 second delay LOL wow, an archer can miss all together.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i have been dismounted by Bola a few times being off screen, so this doesnt seem to work properly then.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I know this but do they ever miss??? And a 3 second delay LOL wow, an archer can miss all together.
An archer can prep a dismount while on foot, remount, and get within 8 tiles and jump off their horse for an instant dismount.

I'm sick of you crybaby archers. Deal with a bola, if you can't break LOS in three seconds then you have bigger issues than being on foot.

A

Always a Ghost

An archer can prep a dismount while on foot, remount, and get within 8 tiles and jump off their horse for an instant dismount.

I'm sick of you crybaby archers. Deal with a bola, if you can't break LOS in three seconds then you have bigger issues than being on foot.
First off I play a mage not an archer, so please know your facts before you post. I am sick of being dismounted by bolas, that never miss. I have max DCI and get bola'd everytime. My point being there should be a skill associated for using a bola

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off I play a mage not an archer, so please know your facts before you post. I am sick of being dismounted by bolas, that never miss. I have max DCI and get bola'd everytime. My point being there should be a skill associated for using a bola
Hmm you got a 3 second window to hop of your mount to make bola miss 100% of the time how is it so hard? And ride a live mount if you are gonna PvP.

Archery dismount is way more fearsome than a ultra long delay bola, and bola does 3 damage an archery dismount not only is an instant attack it does 40 to 50 dmg counting proc which is an average og 1500% more damage than bola. Dismount shot only miss 50% of the time bola misses 100% of the time if you know wtf you are doing.

S

Stupid Miner

Yea, bolas are really easy to avoid if you know what you're doing and are paying attention.

Im not a mage, but i'm assuming they can cast Invisibility/Stone Wall/Teleport to break Line of Sight

Actually I'm just assuming on Invisibility.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, bolas are really easy to avoid if you know what you're doing and are paying attention.

Im not a mage, but i'm assuming they can cast Invisibility/Stone Wall/Teleport to break Line of Sight

Actually I'm just assuming on Invisibility.
LoS breaking doesnt do anything if you simply does mount yourself.
Yea, it's strange some people thinks archery dismount is ok when bola dismount is not. (other than archer players themselves of course).

To be able to bola any experienced PvPer, it's like a pure archer player that doesnt even know what inscribe does and the first time to play a mage to win a pure mage duel against server's best mage duelist.