• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boiling Pitch, cannons, whatever else might go in a guard tower?

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi again!

Two of the towers of my castle are going to have weapons of different sorts on them since they will be a sort of guard tower. What I was wondering was does anyone have any cool ideas for faking any sort of large weapon you mind find in a guard tower, like a cannon? My account is only year 6, so I can't use the real cannons. :(

If you have other ideas for things that could go in a guard tower besides weapons, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks,
Old Wolf

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually started answer my own question, but I would LOVE to hear more ideas.. I have two towers to work on, and besides, I'm not sure this turned out that great:

This was my first stab at a catapult... I feel like it's missing something, but I can't figure out what to add. There's also "boiling pitch" and a barrrel of some more ready to be added. :p Any ideas?

What else could I add... ideas for the second tower?

Thank you!

Attachments

F

feath

it needs a wench ... not a girl lol... you've got to put some kind of pulley system. right now, it looks like a teeter-totter.

get a friend who has an account over ... what is it for a cannon, 9 years?... to place a cannon for you. you'd have to make him co-owner long enough for him to place it. it'll stay after you take him off. if you cant find anyone, i'd do it, but since you dont know me...? i've done it for other people.

anyway, i love the catapult!

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would add more rocks for a rock pile for the catapult. I would also add a statue or 2 of the armor. To make it look like there are sentries up there watching. A small table with a couple chairs with a chess or checkers boards on the table.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also get a Contract of Employment and have a sentry up there

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm not sure how this would turn out but you could try to use one of the acid ropes, then below it place something like a lockpick to make it look like its hooked to it. The lockpick would act as the release lever and the rope would release, allowing the springs of the catapult to launch the barrel forward.

Infact, a clockwork assembly may work for the same concept. Or just a server-up stolen rope.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would add more rocks for a rock pile for the catapult. I would also add a statue or 2 of the armor. To make it look like there are sentries up there watching. A small table with a couple chairs with a chess or checkers boards on the table.
I was going to add some more rocks, I just don't have any yet. :D

I actually also have the table with chairs and a check board down in the guard room, lol. We must have similar tastes. :)

I like the idea of using a clockwork assembly, I'm going to try to track one down (or go kill golems). If it sits right, that should work well. I think I'll also add a rope sitting next to the catapult. I'll post my results. :)

As for guards, I already have one of my barkeepers used up in the guard room, and the other I wanted to put in the kitchen. Is there a way to raise the number of barkeeps I can have? Or do vendors work decently for guards?

Thanks all!

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately the clockwork assembly is a no go, it's facing the wrong way and I can't make it sit right. Maybe if I turn the whole catapult though. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can have 3 barkeeps now, I'm sure I have 3 in the AMT, came with the increased storage we got.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would only let me place 2... but I didn't pay for any expansions, is that what you mean?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, yes, I think it was ML that we got a 20% storage expansion with.