• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what the fudge.

I leave for 5 or 6 years and come back and i accept that i've lost my stuff because my house fell....
but the BODs are all wonky, vet rewards are crazy and now to play or interact it seems like i must be a pirate of sorts, which is appealing on some level, but theres hardly anyone anywhere anymore
I just needed to vent and get it all out...wtf happened to my beloved UO?
Im not sure i'll stay long if i dont find some way to enjoy the game again, i mean, its still a good game, i am just not sure *I* would enjoy it anymore :(

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just need to find an active shard/guild and play with people. I've taken on a few returning players who have been gone 10+ years helping them get back into the game. It still really is fun, but it does SUCK losing all of your stuff when you return =/ If you have any questions about new stuff or just anything in general feel free to PM me :)

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just need to find an active shard/guild and play with people. I've taken on a few returning players who have been gone 10+ years helping them get back into the game. It still really is fun, but it does SUCK losing all of your stuff when you return =/ If you have any questions about new stuff or just anything in general feel free to PM me :)
Thank you.
The way i use to play just isnt really a way to play anymore? but either adapt or go elsewhere i guess...

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most shards are lonely now. If you don't mind the solo play with few people to help or join, and then not many vendors or people to buy off your vendors theres not much of market so it definitely will be boring. If you play on ATL theres always help, plenty of people and a HUGE market. I play on legends with a few friends, so when i'm bored of solo play i can go on hunts with friends or do some fun stuff together. There is a little bit of a market and a few decent vendors here, but nothing like ATL. Not sure where you are or how it is for you. But also yes the game is always changing specially after a few years gone, not hard to adjust to, just have to learn and ask questions. OR google xD

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What kinds of stuff did you used to do? I feel like there’s still endless things to do in game.

No, doing pirate stuff isn’t what everyone is doing. Some people yeah. Recent patches are focused on it again, so maybe a little more activity, but it’s not the only thing people are doing.

Shard probably matters too.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kinds of stuff did you used to do? I feel like there’s still endless things to do in game.

No, doing pirate stuff isn’t what everyone is doing. Some people yeah. Recent patches are focused on it again, so maybe a little more activity, but it’s not the only thing people are doing.

Shard probably matters too.
Well, im on Pacific. Started there then went to Lake Austin, that was dead so came back to Pacific.

And lol, I made things and sold them, bulk items too, regs, resources. I also did IDOC hunting and sold what I found there. I had made about 120mil or so.
I did almost no hunting, no champ spawns, and rarely did taming.

The BOD system is still kind of confusing and I think i lost or sold my bod collection, might be worth a go once I get going though.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You might want to look into joining some of the bigger guilds on Pacific like HoFD (great for returning players), RAW or SotC. You can also pipe in on general chat sometimes and say hey anyone out there? Want to do something? Also you may want to download Discord, where most people are now, theres also a non official UO server on there which is great for returning players and lots of information :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, im on Pacific. Started there then went to Lake Austin, that was dead so came back to Pacific.

And lol, I made things and sold them, bulk items too, regs, resources. I also did IDOC hunting and sold what I found there. I had made about 120mil or so.
I did almost no hunting, no champ spawns, and rarely did taming.

The BOD system is still kind of confusing and I think i lost or sold my bod collection, might be worth a go once I get going though.
Wish I'd caught ya on LA. You could have used my house as HQ while you looked around. I'm not in-game as much as I used to be and I'm slowly rebuilding as well. <shrug>

Get some help from the Pac guilds that were mentioned. Might make things a lot easier.