• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Bod's and rewards

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it true that the rewards for the bod's ae changed?
I found pof at 130K! It means that it's more difficult to obtein, i think.
Is there someone that has a table with the new rewards for blacksmithy and taylor, please?
Thanks

G

Gowron

Is it true that the rewards for the bod's ae changed?
I found pof at 130K! It means that it's more difficult to obtein, i think.
Is there someone that has a table with the new rewards for blacksmithy and taylor, please?
Thanks
I'm not so certain that POFs have become harder to obtain as much as there has been an increase in the demand. With the imbued items NOT being "POFable", imbuers are more inclined to max the durability of items before imbuing, thus necessitating an increased use in POFs.

I haven't done a major amount of BODs since SA came up, but the last time I did a mass turn in, I didn't notice a significant deviation from the amount of POF deeds I got.

N

Nastia Cross

I've done a ton of smith bods in the past 9 months and I can say that the frequency with which POF bods are dropping seems to me to have increased, then again I didn't do very many smith bod runs prior to this.

As for new rewards, there aren't any though many of us have been asking for an overhaul to the rewards obtained from bods.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I 've read on these boards:
There is a chance for LBODs to get an 'increased' reward. It is a random chance for a bump up of up to 3 'levels'. Actually that can lower the value of the reward, if it gets bump into/onto a 120 ps.
With Imbuing there might be a slightly higher demand for POVs. It is simply that ppl pof items to max durability, imbue them and try to enhance (and break) them afterwards. (For getting 140 luck pieces for example)
My personal guess would simply be, that less ppl do bods. With the high end rewards beeing heavily duped and gold gets farmed faster than ever, theres simply not a big point in doing bods.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powder of Fortifying, PoF, is definitely more expensive due to the imbuing skill. Artificers are using a lot more PoF to max out an items pre-imbued durability to 255 because once imbued the item cannot no longer have PoF applied.

I've only had my artificer trained for just more than one month and I've already used around 75 bottles of PoF. Luckily I've collected BODs for many years and I still have near 1000 of them that give PoF 90%.

FYI, small BODs that give PoF:

SMALL
EXCEPTIONAL
DULL COPPER
20 COUNT

SMALL
EXCEPTIONAL
SHADOW IRON
10 & 15 COUNT

SMALL
NORMAL
GOLD
20 COUNT

SMALL
NORMAL
AGAPITE
10 & 15 COUNT

I keep all small BODs of these counts even the ones that can be combined into a Large BOD. The rewards for the LBOD simply don't add up to the value of the multiple bottles of PoF you get for turning in the small BODs.

Just a note, there is a very small percentage chance of anvil rewards in those Large BODs.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the details of imbuing were seriously being discussed - POF was 25k on my shard. There were several vendors fully stocked with them. At the time, I thought, hmm... I don't need any POF right now.

Retrospect sux =p.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Powder of Fortifying, PoF, is definitely more expensive due to the imbuing skill. Artificers are using a lot more PoF to max out an items pre-imbued durability to 255 because once imbued the item cannot no longer have PoF applied.

I've only had my artificer trained for just more than one month and I've already used around 75 bottles of PoF. Luckily I've collected BODs for many years and I still have near 1000 of them that give PoF 90%.

FYI, small BODs that give PoF:

SMALL
EXCEPTIONAL
DULL COPPER
20 COUNT

SMALL
EXCEPTIONAL
SHADOW IRON
10 & 15 COUNT

SMALL
NORMAL
GOLD
20 COUNT

SMALL
NORMAL
AGAPITE
10 & 15 COUNT

I keep all small BODs of these counts even the ones that can be combined into a Large BOD. The rewards for the LBOD simply don't add up to the value of the multiple bottles of PoF you get for turning in the small BODs.

Just a note, there is a very small percentage chance of anvil rewards in those Large BODs.
Note also that the BODs Ezekiel listed are just the 90% Powder chance ones.

the 20% powder chance BODs (40% chance of Prospector's tool, 40% chance of Gargoyle Pickaxe) are

LBOD Fencing (5-part weapon) 20 Count Normal

Small BODs
10 & 15 count Dull Copper Exceptional

20 count Bronze normal

10 & 15 count Gold normal.

I'll usually fill these as much for the mining tools as for the powder, as I love using the garg picks so much (as per my sig). Getting a powder drop for one is typically a bonus.

Note also that the Large Ringmail normals for Dull Copper and Shadow Iron have the same chance of Powder as the exceptional smalls of the corresponding count and metal, so if you have an absurdly large supply of those metals, you could fill those larges as well for POF.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to jump in with a question to Basara here:

In your list of BODs that have a 20% PoF chance you did not mention:

LBOD Swords (6-part weapon) 20 Count Normal
LBOD Mace (6-part weapon) 20 Count Normal

you only mentioned the fencing (5-part) one.

I always thought (according to TOR) that only the 6-part ones have a PoF chance and the fencing one has not.
Any clarification on this?

Thank you,
Hephaistos of Europa

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, you are too hard for me.
Can someone explain to me easier?
Thanks!
The rewards chart at Tower of Roses is still current. None of the BODs rewards were changed at the basic level. I mean the same point system is still what determines which reward a BOD will give.

What changed is that the devs added a randomly generated chance at a bump in the points thus changing the reward, sometimes for the better sometimes not. Depends upon whether you like getting a 120 ps when the base reward is a horned runic kit. I know I don't.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Ezekiel Zane. But i found that with the same bod's pof are now more rare. I've obteined some runic hammers but only one pof.
It's me unlucky or it's normal now that it's easy to have like reward runic hammer and not pof?
I've tryed with taylor but it seems no change.
It's a lucky matter or?
( thanks for the patience!)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Had to jump in with a question to Basara here:

In your list of BODs that have a 20% PoF chance you did not mention:

LBOD Swords (6-part weapon) 20 Count Normal
LBOD Mace (6-part weapon) 20 Count Normal

you only mentioned the fencing (5-part) one.

I always thought (according to TOR) that only the 6-part ones have a PoF chance and the fencing one has not.
Any clarification on this?

Thank you,
Hephaistos of Europa
It was either a Typo on ToR's end, or someone changed it at UO's end.

Currently, the 5-part Fencing BOD has a higher value than the 6-parters.

I do know that at one point, I was able to get POF from the 6-parters, but it stopped happening around the release of ML, if not SE (the BODs were relatively rare, and since all give GPA/PT as a possibility, it was hard to tell).

Check the official tables in EA's Knowledge Base. They show the 5-parters as being the ones giving PoF.

G

grandpa otis

Are gloves supposed to be a bump "up" or did UO's RNG just bite me in the arse again,,,,, Just turned in one 10 cnt EQ shadow small bod, 2 15 cnt EQ shadow small bods, 1 EQ 20 cnt Dull small bod, 2 15 cnt EQ iron 2 prt Lbods, 1 EQ 10 cnt 2 part Lbod and I got 1 prospecters tool, 2 gargoyle pickaxes, (these 3 may be reasonable as chances were 20/40/40) and FOUR pairs of +5 gloves(not so reasonable on missing on 4 chances at 90/10). I'm beginning to believe tht I must have ticked off a DEv somewhere and they altered the RNG with a code in it tht has assigned some sort of negative karma to Grandpa Otis!!!

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the answer Basara, will from now on fill the fencing ones AND the sword/mace ones just to make sure. Should I get PoF drops from the sword/mace ones I´ll post.

Hephaistos of Europa

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are gloves supposed to be a bump "up" or did UO's RNG just bite me in the arse again,,,,, Just turned in one 10 cnt EQ shadow small bod, 2 15 cnt EQ shadow small bods, 1 EQ 20 cnt Dull small bod, 2 15 cnt EQ iron 2 prt Lbods, 1 EQ 10 cnt 2 part Lbod and I got 1 prospecters tool, 2 gargoyle pickaxes, (these 3 may be reasonable as chances were 20/40/40) and FOUR pairs of +5 gloves(not so reasonable on missing on 4 chances at 90/10). I'm beginning to believe tht I must have ticked off a DEv somewhere and they altered the RNG with a code in it tht has assigned some sort of negative karma to Grandpa Otis!!!
Yeah, that's a really bad streak. I usually average 1 or 2 gloves out of every 10 BODs for PoF turned in.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything for me anyways, the pof bod drop has "increased" and the bronze hammer bod drop has "decreased"!!

From 100 bods i used to get 5 bronze hammers [from smalls] and 20 pof.

Now i got 0.5 Bronze and 38 smalls

Thunderz