• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD style books for T-Maps and SOS's

C

Cygnas

I'd like to see books to store treasure maps and SOS's, that let me sort by location.

First of all, that would save on storage. I am tossing out low level maps and SOS's to make room. Even if we didn't get the 5:1 storage savings, it would still make organizing them easier.

The real issue I have is sorting out maps and SOS's to make it easy to find a particular location, or which SOS is closest to where my boat is parked. Right now I use Excel to do that, but a BOD style book would be so much more convenient.

C

Connor_Graham

Would be nice to have something like this. I'm tossing level 6 maps because I have so many already...

I

imported_xStrikerx

LOL Conner, your the last person I'd expect to "toss" something, if you have so many, why not put a bunch up on your vendor?

C

Connor_Graham

I do have a stack on my vendor. No one buys em. I think I've sold maybe 5 in the past 4 months.

M

MYUO

jewelry box, armor chest, seed pouch... it all boils down to better organizers. With so many items, even an increase in storage won't ease the headache. BOD book is the only good (not perfect) orgainzer introduced a few years ago. We have been crying for more since then.

C

Connor_Graham

Even the Bod book could use an update to be able to search by armor types. Would be so much easier to see exactly what you have if you could separate it out by Ringmail, Chainmail or Platemail.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Even the Bod book could use an update to be able to search by armor types. Would be so much easier to see exactly what you have if you could separate it out by Ringmail, Chainmail or Platemail.

[/ QUOTE ]

With my tailor BODS, I started sorting the BODS into books for reward type... e.g., CBD, spined runic, horned runic, and barbed runic. It's a bit harder with smith BOD's, so you are right that a search update would help a lot.

I

imported_xStrikerx

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was an ability to search for text in BOD books (ie I want to show studded armor so I type in studded into the search textbox) an alphabetical sorting would also help a lot.

G

Yes Yes please. I'v been selling 6th levels for 500gp and still have a ton of others sitting around taking up lock downs. could malybe do the same with plant seeds and power scrolls and anything else that does not stack maybe a book that holds everything and once and then we could have a book for wepons and bows and .... then i could have only one lockdown in my house and then i could have a few books and then more and more and then i would have to get a bigger house and oh i would back in the same place as i am now. ah maybe i will just sell some more stuff.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

I'd like to see books to store treasure maps and SOS's, that let me sort by location.

[/ QUOTE ]

/sign

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Connor, don't toss them - at least donate them to the library - after all, each is 20 points.

G

Despite doing a fair bit of fishing and slowly getting back into the habit of T-maps, I'm going to vote nay to this. I feel that maps/SOSes should be "use it or lose it" items, not something that you accumulate in large numbers.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Despite doing a fair bit of fishing and slowly getting back into the habit of T-maps, I'm going to vote nay to this. I feel that maps/SOSes should be "use it or lose it" items, not something that you accumulate in large numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one way of handling the SOS's... the problem with doing each SOS as I get one is that where I fish the SOS up is usually half a world away from where the ship sunk. I usually fish up a bunch of SOS's, feed coordinates into Excel and sort by latitude/longitude to find the shortest routes. This saves a lot of time. so I am asking for the same functionality via BOD-like books. Even if the storage books don't reduce item count, the organization would be a huge bonus.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do my level 6 non jungle (base spawn) ones, then donate them to library. No matter how long it takes, in the end I'll still get something hehe. Eventually..

I

imported_Eolix

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The secret there is to set up books by armor type and use the existing filters to clean up your list.

BTW... let me know when you get ready to drop any maps. I'll gladly take em off your hands.

I

imported_Eolix

<blockquote><hr>

...could maybe do the same with plant seeds and power scrolls and anything else that does not stack maybe a book that holds everything and once and then we could have a book for wepons and bows and ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh No!!! Scrapbooking has finally invaded UO. The end is surely near!

C

Cygnas

Apparently, this isn't as good an idea as I had thought... page 4.

G

It would be an idea IF there was a reason to save and horde up a ton of these. If you have a bunch, I'd say its about time to dig/fish them up.
Otherwise the only thing this would benefit is someone hording up a ton, and the oceans scripters who collect hundreds a day. (not directed at all to anyone, they are just out there
)

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

It would be an idea IF there was a reason to save and horde up a ton of these. If you have a bunch, I'd say its about time to dig/fish them up.
Otherwise the only thing this would benefit is someone hording up a ton, and the oceans scripters who collect hundreds a day. (not directed at all to anyone, they are just out there
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is well taken... but my main reason in not storage but organization. As I said in a previous post, even if it does not reduce the storage count, the organization benefit would be huge. This idea then would have no affect on scripting that I can see.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make t-maps a lot harder to get, and the reward for doing them much greater, and there won't be a need to horde thousands of them to implement a book to store them...

So I guess I agree with Maplestone...

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Make t-maps a lot harder to get, and the reward for doing them much greater, and there won't be a need to horde thousands of them to implement a book to store them...

So I guess I agree with Maplestone...

[/ QUOTE ]

Take the time to re-read the posts. This request isn't about hording. it's about organizing the t-maps and sos's to make them easier to do.

But I do agree with you that the rewards for doing them should be greater... I can easily make 10 times the gold killing cyclops or other mid-level creatures in the same time that it takes to do even one sos.