• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD sorting there HAS got to be an easier way AKA BOD Book overhaul

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously. I am sorting my BODs as I have been lazily tossing em in books so I have Smith and Tailoring all mixed together along with the occasional new BOD.

The newer ones I made a point of having a book for each Cooking, Alchemy, Fletching, Carpentry, Tinkering and Scribe.

Lord help me at the Tailor-Smith mess I have created. I have so far sorted out all the colored Smith bods. I am now working on plain leather. o.0o_O

Starting to get twitchy. Why can't BOD Books have a "DUMP ALL" button? Also sub choices for the leathers of studded, bone and female.

Okay I'd let go of female armor for the other two. Seriously you could go all kinds of mental doing this.

Not that HRH Mesanna cares cause well all know she's hasn't played UO since 2006 or 2007 if she ever played at all

Any other ideas floating around out there? What do ya think of mine?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Knew a guy that had each BOD type in its own book then he alphabetized them.

I have mine based on Large BODs Each type of Large BOD has its own book. For Tailor and Smith.
Alchemy has a book for the ones that make Larges, and a book for ones that do not.
Tinkering is like Alchemy, But you could put all dining items in their own book.
I stopped doing Carpenter.

I also do not screw around with sizes, they all get bribed up to max if they fit in a Large.

Best advice, decide your method before collecting.

Besides the dump all, I do not see how much more they could help us, But dump all leads to item count issues.

I have so far sorted out all the colored Smith bods. I am now working on plain leather. o.0o_O
Life is much easier if you just bride them up.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously. I am sorting my BODs as I have been lazily tossing em in books so I have Smith and Tailoring all mixed together along with the occasional new BOD.

The newer ones I made a point of having a book for each Cooking, Alchemy, Fletching, Carpentry, Tinkering and Scribe.

Lord help me at the Tailor-Smith mess I have created. I have so far sorted out all the colored Smith bods. I am now working on plain leather. o.0o_O

Starting to get twitchy. Why can't BOD Books have a "DUMP ALL" button? Also sub choices for the leathers of studded, bone and female.

Okay I'd let go of female armor for the other two. Seriously you could go all kinds of mental doing this.

Not that HRH Mesanna cares cause well all know she's hasn't played UO since 2006 or 2007 if she ever played at all

Any other ideas floating around out there? What do ya think of mine?
Well, if you truly cared about this you would post it on the real forum and you would take out all the ******** in it. Posting **** here is nothing more than venting and gets you NOTHING. But we already know you can't post on the other forums with any kind of respect.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay here is my sorting Method:

Smith: Exceptional, Normal, Large for the colored metals. Now if I have a lot like dull copper then I break it down further Armor, Shields & Helmets(except plate helm) obviously those are sorted into Exceptional and Normal.

Note: I have yet to come across colored metal deeds asking for weapons. Odd.

Leather: Normal, Exceptional, Studded, Studded Exceptional, Bone, Bone Exceptional, Female, Female Exceptional, Footwear (I put the exceptional and normal together) and Large also with with Normal & Exceptional together.

For Iron same as color except I'll have a book for Weapons. If the weapon deeds are more than 500 then I'll break them down by the weapon LBOD requirements.

As for Cloth I haven't decide yet.

Does my organization make sense?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, if you truly cared about this you would post it on the real forum and you would take out all the ******** in it. Posting **** here is nothing more than venting and gets you NOTHING. But we already know you can't post on the other forums with any kind of respect.
Respect and Trust are EARNED not given. I neither respect nor trust the official forum because Mariah closes threads at her whim.

All it takes is ONE PERSON to insult the OP or the topic or whatever. Right now there are NINE closed threads on the front page over there and I am not counting anything in the announcements.

I neither respect nor trust Mesanna. Sorry she lost both of those with me a long, long, long time ago. I tolerate her. I am polite even nice but I do not respect her.

I do not trust her either as she has shown me she enforces the rules at her whimsy. With her one minute the TOS/ROC is dead, buried, and forgotten then the next she's banning an account. There is no rhyme or reason to her enforcement of the rules.

Frodo, I am sure you'll take you pom-poms and run as fast as your toady little self can to tell Mesanna. All the while fawning over her while bowing and scraping hoping she'll toss you a scrap.

Toodles dearie, because I could never, ever be a Mesanna lap dog.

This is why I stay over here.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I file them by Lbod, the filters on the books can do the rest. So all 'chainmail' bods go in one book, then the book filter lets me filter them by size, colour and quality.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I alphabetize ...

One book for each skill - then one book for each material type (eg. Smith BODs all separated by Iron, Dull Copper, Shadow Iron, etc.). It makes it easier to fill Large BODs this way, for me. It does take quite awhile up front to alphabetize them and only minimal time throughout the year to keep them alphabetized, but when I say it makes it easier to fill Large BODS? I mean it shaves off hours when filling BODs. (I can even fill a book with enough small BODs for guild mates to turn in for the Artisan Festival in about two days in November.) I do this task when I am bored and need something rather mindless to do.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Knew a guy that had each BOD type in its own book then he alphabetized them.

I have mine based on Large BODs Each type of Large BOD has its own book. For Tailor and Smith.
Alchemy has a book for the ones that make Larges, and a book for ones that do not.
Tinkering is like Alchemy, But you could put all dining items in their own book.
I stopped doing Carpenter.

I also do not screw around with sizes, they all get bribed up to max if they fit in a Large.

Best advice, decide your method before collecting.

Besides the dump all, I do not see how much more they could help us, But dump all leads to item count issues.

Life is much easier if you just bride them up.
Put em a strap that'll help

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
use the bod book covers from the store. helps me find what color i need without going through a lot of work.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
64 BOD holding Vendors.
Blacksmith 15 Vendors
Plate / Chain / Ring 1 Vendor each
Color/Iron ex Shields/Helmets 1 Dull Copper 1 Shadow 1 Copper/Bronze all for POF 1 Remaining color
Weapons / non Ex Iron Armor/shields/helmets 3 Vendors
To Be Sorted 3 Vendors

Tailor 46 Vendors
Cloth 10 Vendors
Leather Male-2 Female-2 Studded-2
Spine Male-3 Female-3 Studded-3
Horned Male-3 Female-3 Studded-3
Barbed Male-3 Female-3 Studded-3
To Be Sorted 3

Tink 2 Vendors Carp 1 Vendor

Almost all of these Vendors are full. Did a lot of BOD trading back in the day and when people would leave they would give me their collection

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do Bods sell In bulk anymore ? I have a few thousand all sorted into colour books but I can’t be bothered with them. They take up too much space

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1 chest/box each for combinables for Alchemy, Carpentry, Cooking, Fletching, Inscription, Tinker. 1 Book for each large type in that box.
All non-combinables get dropped in Luna.
1 chest/box for each leather color, plus 1 for cloth. 1 subcontainer for each leather LBOD, 1 book in each for each count/quality combination. 1 book in the cloth Box for 20 counts (combined normal & exceptional) of each LBOD. 1 book of footwear smalls (kept with the cloth BODs). I typically don't keep footwear larges (filling one of those prevents filling 4 cloth larges). Tailors are the easiest larges for Artisan festival points, by far.
1 chest for each metal for smith color, typically 1 book each for normal and exceptional for Ringmail and for Chainmail. Typically 1 book per count of normal and exceptional platemail.

BODs are sorted (and non-combinables tossed) during collection into books for each skill. when a skill has about 50-100 combinables, I break them down into the box for their skill, look for sets, and fill the sets.

If I get an excessive number of a specific BOD (say, I have 3-5 sets of 20Ex Spined male smalls but no larges), I reduce down to where I have 3 sets (or 2 larges plus whatever smalls for the other skills - Tailor seems to be the only skill that gets way more smalls than larges, but also is the only skill where every small fits a large), and all the pulls into a vendor - and I actually price all those pulls for purchase.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Three books for each profession - an exceptional and non-exceptional that can be part of an LBOD and then the third book for anything that doesn't fit in those categories. Bribe up what you need and fill the actual BODs. Don't be a BOD Goblin - if it's a garbage BOD either fill it for recycling or toss it on the ground and walk away.

I get more than enough to keep my vendors stocked with rewards.