• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] BOD rewards

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been gone a while. I see there are some new rewards.

My main question is whether or not the screwy bonus upgrade is still in effect. A while back they screwed with the BOD rewards and some Gold and Aggy hammer Lg BODs would upgrade, LOL, to a 120 powerscroll.

So instead of a useful and valuable runic hammer you got another powerscroll which at one time were near worthless. Everybody was already a legendary blacksmith.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No . There is a point system where either you take a fraction of the points for the reward points to accumulate for the future or chose a reward equal to the value of the points of below it

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, they discontinued the bonus, when the bonus would actually be useful without a drawback under the new reward point system....

One of the nice things, though, about the point system (just remember to disable banking when you're not wanting to bank) is that you can use the points on any reward of lesser level. So, ANY small BOD DC ex 20 or better or Gold Normal 20 or better can be used for POF. It made the supply of POF a lot more stable, while reducing the glut of Prospector Tools, Garg picks and Mining Gloves +5 (to where they aren't being tossed on the ground any more, because you get them as you need them from filling Weapon BODs with iron)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely GLAD that screwy system is gone then. But, yeah NOW the bonus would be nice because you could still choose the runic. LOL. Oh well.

I have so much PoF it's nuts. Two bags with 100 each and 450 90% BODs already filled.

ya but the old system allowed if POF was a chance all u had to do is only be able to carry 1 stone and if the BOD dont give POF it gave it back and u just kept dropping on them until u got the POF.. was several bods u had a chance and u could buy them really cheap.. i want that back ..lol

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did enough of the tinkering BODs to get 2 POF kegs. Now I am able to get more POF without taking up item counts. Yeah yeah so I only have an old 2 story house and every saved space counts LOL

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The kegs are for combining the powder primarily for your own use (as the keg comes empty), but I have seen people sell full kegs.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not know they cannot fill bottles but then I don't sell mine so it's okay with me. But interesting , wonder why they made them that way?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did not know they cannot fill bottles but then I don't sell mine so it's okay with me. But interesting , wonder why they made them that way?
Because, before they introduced the barrels, they had it to where you could combine vials up to 50 or 100 - and the %#$%%$^%#$^ RARES COLLECTORS threw a hissy fit, because it meant that someone could combine vials to "fake" their precious 50-count POF vials that were a short-time Event reward (can't remember if it was a shard-specific event or global).

So when they made the barrels, they decided to not have them unloadable except from using one charge at a time, because of the hysteria over "OMG you're devaluing our Event Rares!". Plus, since the POF isn't technically a potion, they'd have to write a bunch of specialized code just to have in subtract X(any number greater than 1) charges, and create a new item with that many POF charges.

Last edited: