• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] BOD Organization

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a ton of BODs and I want to start working them.

1. I am not sure the best way to organize them TBH. Do I need to organize them by metal, type, reward, etc?

1. What is the best way to figure out which BODs are worth filling and turning in to be able to get a new BOD and which just aren't worth filling at all?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I organize them by intended use. Book filers make it simple to keep track of multiple raw materials in the same book... plus with bribing this is somewhat moot anyway.

I have a book that contains SBOD that I intend to turn in for PoF/Shadow/Copper/Bronze hammers, as these are all basically the same deeds. If you start with 10 normal buckler, at some point in the bribing process you are guaranteed to land on one of these rewards.

I have a book for plate, containing both large and small. Most of which I'd intend to turn in for agapite+ hammers.
I have a book for Chain. containing both large and small. Chain LBODs can nearly always be bribed to something useful, usually an agapite hammer.

Ringmail LBOD are junk, I do not accept them. Ring smalls go in the PoF... book, unless they're Ver/Val - these get tossed/not accepted, since whatever I'd get can he had with other deeds more easily/with cheaper ingots. Some other ringmail deeds are a poor value prop too. For instance, 15 normal agapite ringmail tunic will get you PoF, but takes 270 ingots - so is more or less just a break even on the ingots from a value point. 10 normal agapite ring gloves gives same reward, but costs only 100 ingots.

I have a book that contains just weapons - these are my main "fill for recycle" deeds, plus the shovels/picks/prospectors get used. In some cases, I put 10 normal iron deeds of other types in here too. 10 normal iron is the hardest to predict what it will turn into with respect to PoF/ etc.

Tailor is a bit easier. I have one book that contains bone/leather/studded/female both large and small. These will more or less all become barbed kits. Sometimes when this book gets full, I will go kill thrasher for a while, then just fill a bunch of plain leather just to cycle through them.

Other book contains cloth and footwear, both large and small. In general I just cycle the cloths, and 10 footwear deeds. Otherwise, when I get a cloth lbod I always go for Spined kits (or clothing bless as needed). Footwear LBODs these I bribe up and try for horned kits.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've mentioned this in other threads.

The method I use involves

1. 1 chest for each color of material. I typically use standard metal color paragon chests for iron (using both gold-trim and silver-trim to distinguish between armor BODs and weapon BODs), then the 8 ore colors. For cloth BODs, I use wooden chests dyed the proper colors for the 4 leather types, and a 5th chest for cloth (suggest an Ancient SOS chest of either material to represent cloth).

2. In each chest, place a backpack for each LBOD category. Leather-designated chests would have backpacks for footwear, studded, Bone, Male and Female LBOD groups. Colored metal chests (and the iron chest for armor) would have backpacks for ring, chain and plate LBODs, and a book for "famers" (small non-combinables). The iron chest for weapons would have backpacks for macing, axes, swords, fencing and polearm LBODs. Backpacks would be dyed to match their chest.

3. Each Backpack would have 6 BOD books, with names to reflect material, LBOD type, count & quality. Book covers for the appropriate colors would be optional (since someone gave me a set as a gift, I used them).

This allows quick sorting and searching through storage. If you need to bribe up a BOD, for example, you will also know exactly where to look for the best candidates for the bribe.

If you don't want to collect a certain BOD type, then just remove the books from the system, so you (or someone sorting BODs for you, if a shared BOD pool) know to not store them.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think your method is more or less what I would have done before bribery and book filters, though ultimately it makes little to no difference. I guess it's the same number of clicks to change a book filter as it is it open a new chest, grab the book, and drop it into your pack.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless book filters have been radically changed while I was away, they won't help you sorting between the 25 or so types of metal armor bods, or the 26 types of armor/footwear BODs in the leathers. You can sort between materials, count and quality, but there's no filter to separate between plate smalls and non-combinables that make up half of all armor BODs.