• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD bribes

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is there a guide to understand the BOD upgrade? I mean if you bribe to get a certain BOD increased in level, can we know into which BOD it will turn?

EDIT: Also, how can I color BOD Books?

Last edited:

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once i was about to turn in a 15 agapite chainmail LBOd or so I thought. The final BOD (gold 15) turned into a 20 instead of a 15. After spending all that gold it was a waste. I think it is randomized to a point, luckily that only happened once

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You used to be able to buy scrolls from the Origin store to color bod book covers but I don't see them listed anymore. Maybe it was just the Japan site. I don't remember.

You will have to look in game to find some leftovers, or buy bod books that are already colored.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You used to be able to buy scrolls from the Origin store to color bod book covers but I don't see them listed anymore. Maybe it was just the Japan site. I don't remember.

You will have to look in game to find some leftovers, or buy bod books that are already colored.
Ouch...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Back to the original question of bribing, it is "random" but not evenly distributed. As a general rule it seems there is about a 50% chance that the deed goes up in color, and then a 25% chance that it goes up in quality, 25% it goes up in quantity.

However, if you have a deed that is already, say, 20 normal iron, then there's a 75% chance it goes up in color, and 25% it goes up in quality.

Most people say "it almost always goes up in color", this is true, but that is mainly because there are more gains to be made in color.

With the fact that most rewards can be gotten a few ways, it's extremely unlikely for a deed to really go to waste. Especially in smithy, where you're nearly guaranteed that any iron armor deed will become either a shadow iron or copper hammer or a PoF - and with ingots that are pretty easy to come by.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the bod book covers are part of the 11th year collection. Each 'scroll' will cover up to 30 books. I have a set, and while I'm not willing to actually sell them, I am willing to cover one book of each color on Europa for you Theron, if you wish.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
the bod book covers are part of the 11th year collection. Each 'scroll' will cover up to 30 books. I have a set, and while I'm not willing to actually sell them, I am willing to cover one book of each color on Europa for you Theron, if you wish.
Thanks for the info Petra and for the offer. I'll try to get some myself in due time as it's far from something I really need, I just wanted to be able to visually separate the books. I wouldn't feel right wasting your resources just for that. Really appreciate the offer, another example of how good this community is :)