• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] BOD Bribes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As in the U.Hall post, I give but one clue, but I'll give you a better hint.

No matter how high the standard smith Bribes get on the habitable facets, there will always be a few Smith-BOD-givers that will be at default part of the day.

All one has to do is reference my materials as to where to find default-price ingots to find these special workers of iron..... They won't always be there, but that's WHY they will probably be resetting to default so often.

(cackles evilly).

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but since the Honesty virtue is supposed to lower prices with merchants, does this apply to bribery as well? Would actually make the honesty virtue worth looking into. Would also be funny, if anything bribing should cause you to lose Honesty and karma too for that matter.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As in the U.Hall post, I give but one clue, but I'll give you a better hint.

No matter how high the standard smith Bribes get on the habitable facets, there will always be a few Smith-BOD-givers that will be at default part of the day.

All one has to do is reference my materials as to where to find default-price ingots to find these special workers of iron..... They won't always be there, but that's WHY they will probably be resetting to default so often.

(cackles evilly).
Shhhhh! j/k

T

Tovladian Soltyr

This was a BoD 3 years in the works and I finally completed it, I feel like an accomplished Blacksmithy now! 3 Years, 2 bribes (About 40k in those 2 bribes total), and a few minutes of pounding at the forge I have completed this bod.......

Still would have liked to complete it without the use of the bribe system but I still feel like I accomplished something since it was bods I already had that I had upgraded to get the last 2 I needed.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My aquisition today lunch time activity. Prior to yesterday I had nothing bettter than a bronze runic then yesterday I got a gold runic from bribery today a valorite next in line a plus 60 ash

L

lit2fly

so devs are also expecting the price for high end runic hammers will go down with the roll out of the bribery option

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine so although I have been collecting BODs since they first came out this is my first runic higher than a bronze and ash higher than +15. Perhaps this is to keep people from controling the price. I am not going to sell mine but then again I don't need to buy them. If you have enough bods close to what is needed the gold recieved for a high level runic will pay for the bribes easily. Anyway so far the changes are great for me for once. Other than Trammel I have never really appreciated any changes made in game till now....well if they fix the runic damage increase problem anyway.

L

lit2fly

it's about time to write a wiki page for everyone to put down the lowest bribery they've seen for each type of BOD

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a 700 bribery at a tailor to turn a 20-count horned normal shoe BOD into Barbed.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the first day I had a bribe cost me zero gold, I don't remember what BOD it was though

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lowest iv had is a verite ex 20 plate into a val ex 20 plate cost me 2400gp

Worst iv seen was a 20 ex verite large into a val ex 20 plate large for 400k

Just need to shop around, there is plenty of "weponsmiths" that people dont know about ;)

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Official word from Phoenix (the dev formerly known as Vex):

The chance of a BOD bribe changing the material required is variable.

The lower the material type on a BOD that can have the material changed, the greater the chance that the bribe will change material.

For example:

An Iron armor BOD has a greater chance to change to DC, than a Copper BOD has to turn to Bronze. The Copper BOD has a greater chance to become Bronze than a Verite BOD has to become Valorite, etc.

This would seem to be put in to limit the ability to MASSIVELY mass-produce POF (not a bad thing, if you are intending to use POF for income), as you will find it nearly impossible (And too expensive) to try to turn normal Iron, DC and Shadow BODs exceptional, and for 120 smiths, exceptional Iron Armor BODs (including famers) only compose 2.5% of BOD pulls.

50% weapons, 45% colored armor, 5% Iron armor, and only half of each category will be Exceptional (and most people will, of course, turn their BODs in with their highest-skill Smith, for the best BOD result). Of the colored BODs, only about 8% will be 90% POF BODs.

If you plan to farm BODs for POF by bribing up iron BODs to DC or Shadow, and the 20% POF DC BODs to Shadow, you will need to probably turn in with a 109.9 or less skill smith, to get the 25% iron armor (12.5% exceptional) BODs, but it will probably be more cost efficient in the long term just to use the 120 Smith.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can produce as many pofs per day as you will. The only limit is time needed to produce one PoF. I believe it's 5-7 minutes per one PoF but I suppose that someone else can do it even faster.