• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Books Disappearing from House!

R

rakort

Any idea why some BOD books would disappear from a secured chest located in my house?

This is a devistating discovery. I have been weeding through and collecting these BOD's for months.

Rakort / Taylor

D

dielock

I had, some time ago, things disappearing from chests. They were secure chests as well. Called a GM. The brilliant answer I received was this. "A monster must have snuck into my house and taken the items.
Now keep in mind, these were the days you had to lock your house and no one could get in. My house was always locked whether I was in or out. Besides, the answer was stupid.
I don't know what or how things disappear, but they do. I still to this day have things come up missing. And I am very careful of how I store and lock. I wish I had a better answer for you.

P

packrat

Check your friends list. I had a shadow robe missing and found out later that someone that was on my friends list stole it and sold it. I delete all friends from my houses now. when they come over for something I get it for them. No more friends on my list.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, make sure that none of your secures are set to "anyone".

There are ways for people to get into areas of homes that one would think were secure, ranging from stealthing through an open door as you go through, to exploits that allow them access to different floors of the home.

In addition, some of the selections on the home's sign interface can inadvertantly reset all your doors and teleporters if clicked - even if you cancel out of the choice! So, double-check those too.