• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boat Paints

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any issues with Boat Paints here.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in the enhanced client, and i don't feel that boat dyes change enough of the boat for them to be desired much. I'm only seeing the cannon planks, and the rear ship hold change colors on the gargoyle ship. It would be nice to have the entire deck change color. It would be nice to get that rich wooden tokuno color on another ship deck ect.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
never mind all that, i just have to run off screen and back on to see the rest of the boat. dyed properly. looks great. definitely lots of issues in the EC with getting the boats to update.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the enhanced client, and i don't feel that boat dyes change enough of the boat for them to be desired much. I'm only seeing the cannon planks, and the rear ship hold change colors on the gargoyle ship. It would be nice to have the entire deck change color. It would be nice to get that rich wooden tokuno color on another ship deck ect.

Little hint, you can apply more than one coat to get a darker color.

Mesanna

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to second what Caer Dallben said. I have to run off screen to get the entire boat to "refresh".

And... now I need to go log back in to try that multiple coats of paint thing. =P

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 coats is the max per paint, But it still uses the paint if you try a 4th coat.

'You apple a fresh coat of paint' (Paint tub vanishes)

'You have reached the maximum intensity for that colour'

Seems it shouldn't do that, no?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
in the EC when you apply the paint just the deck changes color but when I logged out and in the rest of the boat was colored .... not a big thing but still a little strange this was on garg ship only tied it once

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes EC boat graphics are crazy, when you paint a ship you have to either, log out and back in, cross a server line, or turn your ship around to see it painted correctly.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do have a minor complaint, it tells you to target the mast to apply the paint...it took me 5 tries before I realize it meant the BASE of the mast where it meets the ship :)

It would be really nice though if you could just target anywhere on the ship to paint it. (more colors would be nice too!!)

T

Trebr Drab

3 coats is the max per paint, But it still uses the paint if you try a 4th coat.

'You apple a fresh coat of paint' (Paint tub vanishes)

'You have reached the maximum intensity for that colour'

Seems it shouldn't do that, no?
With the paint wearing off one coat per week, that's probably to allow you to put a fresh coat on and restart the timer before it loses a coat.